Thirty-Eight

His lips hover over mine for a split second before leaning down even lower so that our lips connect. I melt into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his waist, bringing him even closer to me. We don't get very far into it before I'm pulling back. "Juan." I say with a shaky voice.

He rests his forehead against mine. "Hmm?" My eyes look up to see his shut.

"We don't even know anything about each other. Why do you even want to be with me?" I ask quietly.

He opens his eyes, looks right into mine. "You know stuff about me..." he pauses for a second to think. "What about that night in Vegas? I told you a brief story but it was something personal."

I scoff. "Please, you've probably told that story to at least a dozen interviewers who asked you how you started off your career. And the only other thing I know about your past is your ex...which I'm pretty sure the media has heard about too." I pull my head away from his but keep my arms wrapped around his waist. "I'm pretty sure the only thing I know about you that most people don't know is what you look like naked." He smirks at that last part with pride.

"Okay, it's not like I know much about you either." He raises his eyebrows.

"Exactly!" I exclaim. "We know close to nothing about each other, yet here you are, wanting to be more."

He smiles, running his thumb back and forth on my chin. "Because, I don't have to know a lot about you to know that you're an amazing girl who I would love to be with." He leans down, giving me a strong and firm kiss.

My heart is a jittering mess by the time he pulls away. "I need to get to know you more before I can even think of anything more serious between you and I." I nod, making up my mind. "Yeah, that's what I'm sticking with. You and I need to get to know each other better before I'll consider starting anything with you."

He nods understandably. "Okay." He chews on his bottom lip for a few moments before looking back down at me with a wide grin. "Come to Colombia with me. This weekend." When he sees the huge look of hesitation on my face, his smile widens. "Come on! It's an amazing idea. If you really want to get to know my most authentic self it's in Colombia."

I frown, shaking my head slowly. "I don't know, Juan..." I trail off nervously.

"It'll be great! I'm throwing my little cousin Romeo a birthday party at my house. You can meet my family and closest friends. Come on, there's no better way to get to know me then through my family and friends!" He exclaims.

I groan. "When I said I wanted to 'get to know you better' I meant maybe we could just have a really deep conversations that were about getting to know each other, not meeting your whole family!"

He chuckles, nodding. "I know, but this is so much better!" He kisses my cheek so roughly I almost fall over.

I laugh, shaking my head. "You're crazy."

Grinning, he nods. "Maybe. But, I'm a crazy genius. Will you at least consider it?" His puppy dog eyes make my heart melt.

I roll my eyes. "Fine. I'll think about it. I can't make any promises though."

He smiles widely. "That's all I'm asking." He leans back down, connecting our lips once again. I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him even closer and deeper into the kiss. He groans as he pulls away. "I have to go, Cami." Sighing, he runs his thumb over my bottom lip before giving me one last peck.

I frown. "Why do you have to go?"

"I was supposed to be at the studio," he looks down at his watch, "fifteen minutes ago."

My eyes widen. "Then why would you come here if you know you have somewhere more important to be?!" I ask, hitting his arm playfully.

He chuckles. "If I'm being honest, I thought you were just gonna tell me to fuck off and then slam the door in my face." My jaw drops at his statement. Eh, that's probably what I would normally do if I didn't feel this way about him. He shrugs. "So I thought, why not at least give it a try on my way to the studio?"

I laugh lightly. "Well, I wish you could stay but since you can't, go, be safe, and have fun." I begin walking towards the door to open it for him when he pulls me back.

"Come with me. To the studio." he chuckles. "If you won't come to Colombia with me, at least come to the studio with me."

I stand there, contemplating for a second before nodding. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"