Thirteen

"Okay, I'm gonna start heading back to my room." I say standing up slowly from the sandy floor.

"Aww, so soon?" Sabrina asks, pouting sadly.

I laugh, shaking the sand off of myself and the towel that I was laying on top of. "Sabrina, we've been out here tanning for like four hours."

Her eyes widen. "Oh shit, you're right. Yeah, lets go. I have to call Ben anyways."
Ben is Sabrina's fiancé. Sometimes I forget that she's even engaged.

It was true, we'd been out tanning almost all day. The sun was just beginning to set. It looked beautiful but I was exhausted from being out all day.

"But the fun has just arrived, how can you guys be leaving already?" I roll my eyes, turning around to see Juan standing there with a grin plastered on his face. The next thing I immediately notice is that he's shirtless. He has a smoking bod, that is something that I can't deny. His abs were very, very hard to ignore.

"Sucks that I have to go call Ben. I'll catch you later though?" Sabrina gives Juan a quick hug and peck on the cheek before turning to give me a smile and nod. "I'll text you later."

Great, so we're left alone again. "Okay, I'm gonna go now." I say turning to walk away.

"Hey, hey, hey! You're just gonna leave me here all alone?" he asks.

I roll my eyes. "Well, what do you expect?"

"You could stay with me. Keep me some company?"

I sigh, checking the time on my phone. It reads 5:30 PM. "How about you take me to dinner? I'm hungry."

He nods quickly. "Sure, yeah, we can do that. I know a great place by here."

I smile, motioning for him to walk first. "Lead the way, pretty boy."

***

"So," I munch on my fries as Juan continues to speak. "how long were you and Sabrina at the beach for?" Juan asks.

I swallow my food. "A couple of hours." I wipe the side of my mouth with a napkin.

He nods. "How have you liked the concerts so far?" he asks curiously.

I smile. "They're awesome! You're really good at pulling off an amazing show." I admit, taking a sip of my water.

He grins smugly. "Thanks, I know."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Anyway, yeah, I've had fun this week." It's really only been like a week of being on tour. Although, it definitely felt like way longer.

"That's good to hear." he smiles, nodding. "What do you plan on doing when we get that one week break?" he asks. It was on the contract that after a couple of shows, we were given about a week to go back home or wherever you wanted. It was like your mini vacation.

"Going back to LA."

"You live on your own?" he asks.

I nod. "Yeah, I live in my own apartment."

"You didn't live with your...ex?" he asks slowly.

I shake my head. "No, we had only been dating for a couple of months."

"I still can't figure out a reason why he would ever cheat on you." Juan says shaking his head.

I sigh. "Right? I mean, I'm fucking awesome." shrugging, I pick at my nails. "It's whatever though, he's missing out."

"Did he at least try to explain himself?" he asks, the pity dripping from his voice.

"I didn't let him explain himself." I scoff, shaking my head. "What was he gonna say? 'Babe, I'm so sorry. My dick accidentally landed in this random chicks vagina'? No, I just left and didn't give him a chance to explain himself."

He chuckles lightly. "You're funny."

I grin. "Thanks." I clear my throat, looking down. "As much as I hate asking myself that question, I do. It would be nice to know what I could have done for him not to have cheated on me." when I look up I see him looking at me with a sympathetic look. "Just to know why, ya know?" I ask lowly.

He tilts his head to the side, examining my face. "Why didn't you ask?"

I shrug. "I probably would've started crying in front of him or something. I don't want him knowing that he did hurt me. I didn't want to look weak in front of him. So instead, I just walked away." I push back the tears that begin to form in my eyes.

Since I haven't talked about my feelings on this subject out loud, I hadn't really cried about it. But now, talking about my feelings in front of Juan, I have the sudden urge to cry like a baby about it. Not because I'm heartbroken over Nathan and I breaking up, but because it just makes me wonder if I'll ever be good enough for somebody. If I had been a better girlfriend, maybe I wouldn't have gotten cheated on.

"It's okay to walk away sometimes. You can get your answers whenever you're ready for them." he responds, nodding.

He was right. I had every intention of going to look for answers when I got back home in a few weeks.