Twenty-One

"So...what's up?" I ask, walking over to him slowly. He's seated at the little breakfast table that's placed in the corner of my room, near the sliding door that leads outside. I walk past him, sliding open the door. "Can we talk out here?" I ask.

He nods, standing up quickly. "Yeah, sure."

I lean against the railing of the balcony, looking out at the view. "So I'm assuming you're here to talk about what happened this morning?" I ask, looking over at him. He nods.

"I just don't want what happened last night to ruin our friendship. I seriously did not mean to upset you this morning. I was genuinely just trying to make you feel better, to calm you down. And I'm sorry if my intentions came off the wrong way." I give him a tight smile and nod. I don't know what else to do. I'm still incredibly embarrassed at the way I blew up.

We just stand there in awkward silence until he clears his throat. I look over to see him shaking his head. "Look, Cami, I said that I'm sorry but you can't seriously expect me to take all of the blame, can you? I asked you repeatedly if you wanted to have sex and you said yes every time. I didn't ask you up to my room because I had everything planned out, believe it or not. I just wanted to go somewhere more private. It all happened spontaneously. After that night at the pool when I tried to kiss you and you rejected to kiss, I had engraved it into my brain that you didn't want anything like that with me. That you wanted just a strictly professional relationship. I didn't bring you up here with the intention of sleeping with you." he admits, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "But going back to what I was saying, this whole thing that happened last night wasn't just my fault. Maybe it was the fact that we were both just a little bit tipsy, or the fact that it was just something that was in the heat of the moment." he continues his rant that with every word makes me feel like I'm listening to a class presentation or something.

"OR maybe we just wanted to do it, Camila." he throws his hands up in the air in frustration, like he can't get his message across any more clearly. "You're one of the most beautiful and sexy women I know, it's no secret that I'm totally attracted to you. And— I'm just taking a wild guess here— considering what we did last night, I'm guessing you find me attractive too." No kidding. "Maybe we just did it because we're two people who are attracted to each other and we gave into our desire, our lust. And there's nothing wrong with that, but don't make me take the blame for everything that happened. Because we both were on board with what went down last night." I just blink at him in awe of how long he just talked.

"Are you done?" I ask.

He chuckles, nodding. "Yeah, I'm done." He gestures for me to go on. "Your turn."

I sigh, closing my eyes. "I didn't mean to make it seem like it was all your fault. I don't know, I just felt embarrassed about what happened last night. I guess I just got defensive. Im sorry." I apologize, looking forward to avoid eye contact.

He nods. "It's good. We're good. Right?" he asks nervously.

I nod, looking over to him. "Yeah, were good."

"So which one was it?" he asks after a few seconds of silence.

I give him a confused look. "What?"

He grins. "Which reason was it?" he asks more slowly this time.

I roll my eyes, looking down shyly. "I don't know. Maybe a mixture of all? Probably a lot more of that last one, though." I admit, shrugging.

"Yeah?" he asks taking a few steps closer to me.

I look up at him, nodding. "Yeah."

He pushes me up against the railing. "I agree with you." he brings his lips down onto mine, lightly at first. I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him even closer to me.

He sucks on my bottom lip, causing a loud moan to escape from my throat. I breathe out, jumping and wrapping my legs around his waist.

He quickly walks us back into the room. Throwing me onto the bed roughly, he climbs over me. I shut my eyes, as he places soft, sloppy kisses on my jawline and neck. "Juan, I don't think its a good idea for us to keep doing this." I say breathlessly.

"Yeah?" he asks, pulling my top off and over my head. "And why's that?" he asks, kissing and sucking the top of my breasts before unhooking the back of my bra.

I tug the hair on the back of his head. "I just don't think it's a good idea to mix business with pleasure." I respond, shivering when he begins to suck on my hardened nipple, his thumb rubbing the other. I moan out loudly, arching my back.

He grabs both of my hands, bringing them over my head while his tongue swirls around my nipple. He stops, looking up at me. "Nobody has to know what we're doing. And besides, we won't let it interfere with our work life. It'll be just sex." He tugs on my bottom lip with his teeth. "What do you say?"

I nod, too aroused to even get any words out. "Yes, mmhm—yeah, yes. We'll work out the details later." I grab his face, smashing my lips into his.

Just sex sounded perfectly fine to me.