One

I enter the key that Nathan, my boyfriend gave me to his apartment into the lock furiously. He hasn't answered my phone calls or texts for the past week now and it was really starting to piss me off. I had a feeling that since I wasn't as popular as I was when we started dating, he was slowly losing feelings for me.

I swing the door open impatiently. My eyes widen at what I see. Nathan with his ass facing me while he pounds into a blonde chick. "What the fuck, Nathan?" I shout, crossing my arms over my chest.

He immediately turns around to face me. "Baby, it's not what it looks like." he says frantically trying to cover up the girl who is looking at me with a mortified look on her face.

I scoff. "Fuck you." with that I turn around and walk out of the apartment.

After pushing the button for the elevator I hear him scramble out of the apartment. I turn around to see him running over to me with a sheet wrapped around his lower half. "Baby, baby wait! That was a mistake! I'm so sorry." he apologizes quickly.

I roll my eyes. "If you're seriously pulling stupid shit like this before we've even said 'I love you' to each other I definitely can't trust you. Have a nice life, Nate." I say turning to go into the elevator that's waiting for me.

He wraps his cold hand around my wrist, causing me to turn quickly. "But I do love you! I shouldn't have done what I did back there. I'm sorry! Just don't break up with me." he pleads pathetically.

"No, you don't love me. You don't do that to somebody you love." I snatch my wrist out of his grip. "Now stop embarrassing yourself, it's pathetic. Go put on some pants." I say giving him another once over before getting into the elevator.

The doors shut and then I'm left alone with my thoughts. What the fuck was that? I sigh, running my hands over my face. "Wow, Cami. Not only has your career flopped but so has your relationship." I say to myself.

***

When I get home I ask my best friend Sofia to come over so that I can complain to her about how shitty my life is going.

"I can't believe that douche really cheated on you!" she exclaims.

I shrug, shoving another spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream into my mouth. "You know, I thought it would hurt a lot more but I honestly just don't care." I say looking off into space.

"Well I'm glad you aren't crying over that asshole." she says rubbing my back, in an attempt of giving me extra support.

"I just didn't care enough about the relationship to be completely crushed right now, ya know? I mean, sure, it sucks but I'll live." I say nodding. Maybe I was putting on a tough act or I really didn't care enough about him to be completely and utterly heartbroken. Who knows.

She smiles at me proudly. "That's the spirit! We have to go out clubbing to celebrate us being single together again!" she squeals excitedly.

I shake my head while standing up. I walk over to my freezer, sticking the cookies and cream into into it, pulling out the rocky road now. "Yeah, no. You know I don't do clubbing." I say sitting back down next to her.

She groans, "Ugh, I forgot that I'm the only fun one in this friendship." she says rolling her eyes.

I smack her leg playfully. "Hey, I can be fun! I would just prefer to be fun in the safety of my home where I run a low risk of being kidnapped and raped." I turn on the TV.

"He's so dreamy." Sofia sighs looking at the screen with heart eyes.

I look over to who has her drooling before rolling my eyes. "He's alright." shrugging I turn up the volume.

She scoffs. "That's a straight up lie! Maluma is so hot, and not just your ordinary hot. He's a total papi." she turns her attention back to the screen.

"Please don't ever refer to him as a 'papi' ever again please." I say scrunching my face up in disgust.

I roll my eyes, turning my attention to what they're talking about. "Maluma is getting ready for his new world tour titled '11:11' which has fans all over the world freaking out. He will be hitting multiple spots in our country. LA being one of his biggest nights. To find out more information about the tour make sure to go onto our website! Maluma, who—" I switch the channel after I get bored.

"We should go!" Sofia says looking down at her phone.

"I'm not spending my money on some playboy who I don't even like. Feel free to go though." I say switching through the channels.

Don't get me wrong, I liked very few of his songs but his whole persona just turned me off of him. He was constantly making headlines for being one of the biggest playboys, constantly being seen with girl, after girl, after girl. Not to mention what a sexist he is in most of his songs. I guess it's not right to judge him based off of what I've heard but I couldn't help it.

"Whatever." she sighed. "Ooh, it's 11:11. What a coincidence! Make a wish." nudging me, Sofia waited for me to make a wish. "It must be meant to be that we make a wish right now. Get it? We just heard about the 11:11 tour. Make a wish!"

I laughed. "Yes I get it. And you don't think that shit actually works, do you?" I say shaking my head.

"Just do it!" she urged.

"Fine." I closed my eyes before making a wish: I wish that I could get a job. A good one.

"What'd you wish for?" she asks excitedly.

I shake my head. "Nope. I can't tell you my wish. It won't come true if I do." I say giggling.

She rolls her eyes, sinking into the couch. "Put some Netflix on, bitch."

I smile. "Gladly."

Did I seriously think my wish would come true? Not exactly. Considering I haven't had a single job offer in months it probably wasn't gonna happen but it felt nice to have the tiniest bit of hope.

Hi guys! How did you like the first chapter of this book? I'm really excited to continue writing it! Make sure to comment and vote!