Six

"So some things are true about you then." I say laughing.

He chuckles. "Well only some things."

I shake my head. "You're something else, Juan Luis."

"I like you calling me by my name." he says nodding.

"Well it's your name." I say with a shrug. "What else do you want me to call you?" I ask.

"People usually go for Maluma."

I scoff. "That's ridiculous. That's not even your real name."

"Yeah...you would be surprised how many people think otherwise." he clears his throat. "Anyway, tell me more about yourself."

"Like what?" I ask, laughing.

"When were you in your last relationship?" he asks just as the food arrives.

This guy is really interested in my love life. "Two weeks ago." I say lowly, taking a bite of my bacon.

His eyes widen in shock. "Seriously?! Why did it end?" he asks.

I sigh. "I walked in on him..." when I see the look of pity in his eyes, I nod. "yeah."

"What an asshole." he says shaking his head. "How long had you guys been dating?"

"A couple of months. It was nothing super serious but it still stung." I laugh dryly.

"That still doesn't make it right." he says shaking his head.

"Wow, I never thought I'd be hearing those words come out of the biggest playboy around." I laugh.

He rolls his eyes playfully. "When I'm exclusive with somebody, I'm all about that one person. I'm not about that cheating bullshit. Yeah, I enjoy seeing different women but I'm never exclusive with them and I make that very, very clear to them to avoid any drama."

"And they're just okay with that?" I ask.

He nods, taking a big bite out of his burger. "Pretty much. I've never had a problem with anybody before. If she wants only sex and I only want sex, it's easy and simple. Have sex and don't catch feelings."
he says with a shrug.

I shake my head while laughing. "And it's really that easy? You can just have sex with somebody without catching feelings?"

He nods again, slowly this time. "Yeah, It's really not that hard. You should really try it some time. It would really get you in a better mood." he says smirking into his burger.

"I do not need to have sex with strangers to be in a better mood." I say rolling my eyes. He wasn't completely wrong, but I was never letting him know that. I hadn't had amazing sex in the longest. Sex with Nathan was good, but it could've been better. Maybe he felt the same way and that's why he cheated on me.

"Sure you don't." he says laughing.

"Anywayyy, now that we've touched on my love life, when was your last relationship?" I ask.

"Two years ago." he answers blandly.

I scoff. "Oh no pretty boy, I need more then just that. I gave you details, now you give me details. Why did it end? Who broke up with who? How long did it last?" I pick up my coffee, bringing it up to my lips. "Did you love her...?"

His eyes shoot me a glare. "What? I'm a curious girl." I say, batting my eyelashes innocently.

He sighs. "We broke up because I didn't feel that she fully supported me and what I do. She was always making little snarky comments about my job, I broke up with her because of—well I just told you why. We dated for about two and a half years. And yes, I did love her. Good enough?" he asks giving me a fake smile.

"Aww, you've been heart broken before?" I ask, smiling sadly.

He rolls his eyes. "Sure."

"It's okay to admit it." I frown. "Seriously though, that must have sucked."

He shrugs, running his finger along the brim of his glass. "Yeah, but I did what needed to be done. If I'm going to date somebody and fall in love with them, I need their full support. And I understand that being a hundred percent supportive of my career can be difficult. And that is why I stick to the meaningless sex. No strings attached. That way there's no way for me to get hurt."

When he looks up at me I smile sadly. "It's okay to let yourself fall in love, you know."

He nods, clearing his throat. "I know. It's just easier this way."

"What was her name?" I ask curiously.

He scratches his beard before speaking. "Uh, Cecilia." he answers back.

I nod. "Pretty name."

He gives me a sarcastic smile before answering. "Yeah, she was beautiful." his smile quickly turns into a bored expression.

Sensing that he might want to move on from the subject, I move on to something more light hearted. "So, are you excited about your tour?" I ask.

He nods, clearly in a better mood. "Yeah, I'm super excited. It's taken a lot of work to get here but it was all worth it." he says smiling.

"Well if you've really worked as hard as you say, you deserve all the success you're getting." I say, genuinely meaning what I'm saying.

"Thank you, Cami." he says smiling widely.

I narrow my eyes at him. "What makes you think you can have a nickname for me so soon?" I ask playfully.

He shrugs. "I feel like I've known you longer then a day."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, pretty boy." I look down at my phone to see the time. "We should get going."

He tilts his head looking at me with a smile. "Really? 'Pretty boy'? You're calling me out for having a nickname for you but you can have one for me? I don't think so, Cami." he says laughing.

"Oh my god, whatever. That's like everybody's nickname for you. Let's go." I say trying to hide the smile that creeps up on my lips.

After my many attempts of paying the bill, Juan ends up paying. "Thank you for breakfast." I say once we've reached the elevator.

We both get on but hit different buttons. He hits one that'll take him to the presidential suites and I push one that will most definitely not take me to that much amount of luxury. "It's no problem." he answers back.

After reaching my floor, I turn to him and say, "Well, it was nice eating breakfast with you."

"Hey, hey, hey. I'm walking you to your room." he follows closely behind me.

"Thanks again." I say after we've reached my door.

He pulls me in for a hug. "It was my pleasure." he whispers into my ear. When he pulls away he kisses the edge of my mouth gently. "I'll see you at the concert." and with that he walks away.