Seventy-Two

"Camila." Juan says with wide eyes, clearly surprised that I'm the one who was knocking. He's in the middle of buttoning  up his shirt, and my eyes trail up his exposed chest, and then to his eyes that are still watching me with confusion.

I mentally slap myself for staring for so fucking long. Embarrassing. "Hi." I smile, shutting the door quietly behind me.

"Hi."

I clear my throat, walking further into the room. "So..." I trail off awkwardly. "I kind of have a favor I wanted to ask you." I smile nervously, clasping my hands together in front of me.

"Oh." he nods, leaning against the wall. He crosses his arms over his chest. "Sure. What's up?"

I let out a breath of relief at how chill he's being. I'm the one making it awkward. I feel a million times less nervous as I take another step closer to him. "So my friend Sofia-you've met her-" I laugh lightly at the memory of her losing her shit when she saw him at that club all those months ago. It feels like an eternity since then. He nods, also remembering. "Well she's meeting up with me in Paris. It was kind of a last minute thing, and I wanted to ask you if-"

"If I can get her a seat at the show." he finishes my sentence for me, and I nod. "Yeah, she should be able to sit with Miguel in his usual spots at the shows. They're good seats." he nods.

I smile, nodding. "Thank you. Thanks. I appreciate it."

"Is it just her coming?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

I nod again. "Yeah. Just her."

"Okay..." he nods slowly, looking satisfied with my answer. "Sure. I'm sure I can work something out for her."

I smile. "Thanks." I begin to back up again, reaching for the door handle. "I'll...see you around then."

"Mhmm." he gives me a tight smile.

"Good luck tonight."

He nods. "Thanks. You too. You look great." he says, his eyes trailing up my entire body and then meeting my eyes again, making it feel like somebody's just reached into my chest and squeezed my heart with all of their might.

"Thank you." I smile, quickly walking out of the room. I walk back into the dressing room with my heart still pounding loudly in my ears.

I don't even realize Sabrina is standing in front of me. "You asked him?"

"Yeah." I nod, slowing down.

"What'd he say?"

"He said yeah, he'd figure something out for her." I smile.

She claps her hands excitedly. "It's gonna be so fun!"

"Yeah, I'm sure it will be." I smile, nodding.

***

"How fun was last night?!" Sabrina laughs as we board our plane the next morning. She bumps me eagerly when I don't answer immediately.

I nod. "It was fun. I missed dancing." I admit, shrugging. "Okay, but how do you manage to have so much energy so early in the morning?" I laugh, shaking my head.

"I just do." she shrugs, smiling as we take our seats.

I sigh. "I wish I could be like that."

"Is Sofia already on her way here?" she asks after a little bit.

I nod. "Yeah, she should actually be landing any minute now."

"Is she staying at the same hotel as us?"

"Yeah."

***

I send Sofia a quick text once we land, and she says she might get up and meet me in the lobby just to say hi. I doubt it though, she's not much of a morning person.

"Camila!" I turn my attention at my name being called.

My eyes widen, and I smile. "Sofia! I didn't expect you to really come down." I laugh, pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah, yeah." she pulls away, looking flustered. She's in her pajamas, her hair a mess, sticking up in all directions. "I have something to tell you."

"Hi!" Sabrina walks up to us happily, her key in hand. "You must be Sofia!"

Sofia looks up at Sabrina and gives her a tight smile. "Mhmm. Sabrina, right?" Sabrina nods. "Nice to meet you." she quickly looks back at me. "Danny is here."

"Here?"

She nods, looking behind her. "He wanted it to be a surprise, I'm so sorry! I tried calling you, but he stopped me every time. He should be coming down any second now." she groans.

Sabrina looks between the two of us with wide eyes. "Sofia!" all three of us snap our heads to see Juan walking over to us.

"Oh, god." I groan as he gets closer. Juan seeing Danny is the last thing I need right now.

"Maluma! Juan, I mean Juan." she smiles, looking up at him in amazement. It's clear she's completely forgotten about Danny, because she's no longer freaking out, instead she's just looking up at Juan with googly eyes.

Juan smiles down at her, nodding. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too." she smiles.

He looks over at me, giving me a small smile. "Well I hope you enjoy watching Camila perform. She's great at what she does." he turns his attention back to Sofia, and nods.

"Yeah, I'm super excited to-" Sofia's eyes widen as she looks behind me.

I feel my heart drop as a pair of hands come over my eyes. "Guess who?" I almost cringe at the sound of his voice beside my ear knowing Juan is standing right next to us.

"Danny." I say, turning around quickly to face him. I look up at him with a tight smile.

He lets out a wide smile, nodding. "Surprise." his lips come down onto mine, and before I know it, we're kissing right in front of Juan.

I pull away a million times quicker then I would have had Juan not been right next to us. "I-" I look over to Juan who has a look of surprise and hurt in his eyes. "It's so good to see you." he pulls me into a hug, and I accept it, letting my arms wrap limply around his waist.

I can't help but look over at Juan who is still standing besides us with a look of confusion. I feel my heart break as he meets my gaze and quickly walks off.