Seventy-Seven

"I have to break up with Danny." I whisper to Sofia as I take a seat next to her just seconds after practically running away from Juan. Luckily it seems Danny somehow made his way to the bathroom while I was on my way back over to my seat.

She chokes on her bread stick, looking over at me with wide eyes. "What?!" she whisper-yells. Thank God for the loud music in here.

"I have to end things. I cant be with him." I shake my head. "I don't know why I ever tried to trick myself into thinking I could ever fall in love and be with him the way I am with Juan."

Her face turns soft. "Aw, Cami. You want Juan back?" she asks.

We both look over at Juan who is slowly approaching our table. My heart squeezes tightly in my chest. "Yeah. I do." I take my eyes off of him and turn to look at Sofia with a sad smile.

***

"So, are we doing anything else tonight?" Sofia asks after dinner once everyone is out in the street, waiting for our shuttle to come pick us up. Juan is close by, and hasn't taken his eyes off of me all night. And if I'm being honest, I don't think I've taken my eyes off of him either.

Danny wraps an arm around my shoulder, making me stiffen under his hold. "I was kinda hoping Camila and I could slip away from everyone for tonight." he smiles down at me, planting a soft kiss on my lips.

I force out a smile, beginning to nod slowly. "Hey, so everyone is going to go see the Eiffel Tower. All of us." Juan interjects quickly before I can even open my mouth to respond to Danny.

"We are?" Miguel, his manager asks, confused.

Juan rolls his eyes, turning to look at him. "Yes. We are." he looks back to us. "I think you guys should come."

"What do you guys think?" I turn to Sofia, giving her a pleading stare. Please say yes.

Sofia catches my vibe and nods quickly, not letting Danny give his opinion. "That's so fun. Yes, we're all going. We have to!" she exclaims.

"Well..." Danny looks over at me, shrugging. "What do you think?"

I nod slowly, seeing that Juan is watching me from the side of my eyes. "I think it's a good idea." I say, looking up at him with a smile. "We can always go away from the group whenever we feel like it." I shrug, looking up at him.

"Yeah, okay..." there's disappointment in his voice and eyes, but he nods, forcing out a smile.

I let out a small breath of relief. "Okay, cool. Let's go."

***

"So...who are you trying to avoid tonight?" Sabrina asks, confused as we get off of the shuttle together, leaving Danny far behind. Kind of rude, but very necessary right now.

I sigh. "Juan. We're avoiding Juan. I think." I shrug, now also confused. "I don't know, honestly. I just...should really find time to end things with Danny. Before you guys leave. When do you guys leave again?" I turn, asking Sofia.

"Early in the morning."

My eyes widen. "Tomorrow morning?" I ask.

"Mhm." she nods.

"Fuck." I sigh, running a hand over my face. "So I absolutely have to do this tonight."

Sabrina shrugs. "Well you don't have to. You can always break things off with him once they've left."

"No, no." I shake my head. "I can't do it over text or a phone call. It has to be in person." I look to see Danny quickly approaching us. "I have to do it tonight."

***

"I wish I had made a reservation at one of the restaurants in there." Danny looks up at the Eiffel Tower, sighing as we walk together hand in hand. The entire group is spread out around the tower, some walking, some stopping to take cute instagram pictures. Danny and I have chosen to take a walk around the tower.

I nod slowly, looking down at the ground. "Yeah.."

"Hey." he stops walking, and looks down at me, catching my attention. "What's up with you? You've been acting distant since I got here. Do you not like the fact that I came?"

I try to continue walking but he doesn't budge, staying put. "I...what do you mean? How have I been distant?" I ask, trying to avoid the conversation. I know I shouldn't be doing it, but he's a great guy, and I feel awful about the whole thing. I wish I could've given him more of a chance, but I know deep in my heart he's not the one I want to be with.

"You know what I mean, Camila."

I nod, knowing exactly what he means. "Okay.." I let out a shaky breath, squeezing his hand and leading him towards a bench. "Let's sit?"

"Yeah."

We sit next to each other, keeping quiet for a few minutes. "So.." I begin.

"Who is it?" he cuts me off swiftly.

I look at him, confused. "What?"

"You're breaking up with me. Who is it? The guy you actually want." he says it so calmly, as if he saw this coming from a mile away.

Involuntarily, my eyes drift over to Juan who is a few benches over, talking to Miguel and I immediately regret it. "I..." I quickly look back him, shaking my head. "No one."

"Ah.." he nods, smiling. "'Maluma'" he says it in a condescending tone.

I shake my head. "I really did try to give us a fair shot, Danny but..."

"But Im not rich and famous."

That comment bothers me. "That's not why. I don't want to be with him because he has money and fame. I would love him whether he had all the money in the world or none at all." I respond curtly. "So please don't say anything like that ever again, I want to still like you after all of this." I feel my blood boil the longer I continue talking, so I simply shut up.

"Love? You love him?" he asks, shocked.

I cringe internally, not even realizing that I had used the word 'love' to describe the way I feel about Juan to Danny. "Y-Yes. Yeah. I do." I nod, trying to keep a straight face.

"Wow." he says, nodding slowly.

I frown, taking his hand in mine. "I'm sorry, Danny. I appreciate that you came all this way to come see me. Nobody's ever done anything that sweet for me."

"Then why are you leaving me for that idiot?" he asks, snatching his hand out of mine.

I take a deep breath in, shaking my head. "Because I don't love you. I love him. No matter how sweet the gesture may have been, you're not him. And I'm sorry that it took you coming all this way for me to finally grow the balls to tell you it." I cross my arms over my chest, keeping a straight face. "Juan isn't an idiot. He's the most amazing guy Ive ever been with, so I would appreciate it if you didn't call him that." I roll my eyes and stand up. "Look, I think I should get going. I'm sorry I had to end things, and I truly do wish you the best of luck. Goodbye Danny."

I don't give him a second to react before I'm running off, looking for Juan.

A/n
So sorry for how long this chapter took to get out! If I'm being honest, the thought of having to write two chapters for every upload instead of one is draining for me, and makes me dread writing for this story. So from now till the end of this book, I'll be posting one chapter at a time! (Unless you're lucky and I happen to write two chapters quickly) I hope this doesn't disappoint you guys, but it's what I think is best for the story. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and continue to read even though it's been a ridiculously long time since I last updated it. Sorry again, love you all!