If by 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 *2~Marvey~

Inspired by the song -if by chance- by Ruth B
michaelcobban_ requested a part 2 so here you go. Not the best but I tried xxx

Harvey POV
I can't get that sentence out of my head.
"You'd always have a chance with me in my world"
It was like those words hunted me or maybe it was a mantra that for some reason my head kept on saying.
I can't forget the look Mikey had on his face, the pain in his eyes...and I did all of that to him.
Obv it wasn't my intention to do that but I still hurt him.
I couldn't help it but I felt guilty and the worst thing is that I can't do anything about it.

"Babe, are you ok?" Loren asked with a worried look.
"Em yeah...just thinking about stuff" I said turning my attention to her.
"Well, I was saying that maybe we should go to prom together. I know you don't like stuff like that but I thought I'd be fun" she gave me the brightest smile ever and I couldn't say no to that.

Before I met Loren, I used to go to prom with the boys, with Mikey and I remembered that we had lots of fun but now everything changed.
I spend less time with the boys and I lost Mikey.
I honestly don't even know how to feel about it, about him but I know that I can't get Mikey out of my head.
I know it's wrong cuz I have a girlfriend but what am I supposed to do?

"I have practice now" I simply said and left.
"Ok..." I heard Loren's confused tone in the distance.
I needed a run to clear my mind, I needed to forget his luscious lips, his perfect blue eyes, his curly dark hair, his charming personality...fuck.
I stopped in the middle of the field out of breath, I felt like there wasn't any oxygen left in the air.
I hate this situation, I hate everything and the fact that Mikey has been ignoring me for a whole fucking month.
I started to cry, I started to cry so hard that catching my breath became even harder.
"Harv...are you ok mate?" Rye's voice distracted me from the chaos in my head for a split second.
I just looked at him and left still out of breath, I didn't have time for his bullshit.
"Hey, where are you going?" he pulled my arm and spun me around.
"Rye don't touch me" I cried.
"Calm down Harv. It's just me" he calmly said.
"Leave me alone!" I tried to get out from his grip but failed miserably.
I was too tired so I just broke down in his arms and I cried nonstop.
Rye used to be my best friend even tho we are so different but since that party where he kissed Mikey, we drifted apart.
After a few minutes, I stopped crying and Rye was still there holding me but someone else was next to us...Mikey.
I was completely frozen and didn't even know what to say.
He was clearly worried and I wanted to tell him so badly that I was ok but my mouth wasn't able to form any words.
So I just left, I went to the locker room ad hopped in the shower.

After I told the coach that I was gonna go home cuz I didn't feel well and then went to my car.
I just needed to go home and forget about this awful day but Mikey was near my car, clearly nervous but mostly scared.
I approached him slowly almost like if I moved too fastly he would run away.
I didn't say anything, just rested my back on the car next to where he was.
We stayed in silence for God knows how long till he broke the silence.
"I know I told you that I needed time but are you ok? I-I saw what happened at the pitch"
I loudly gulped like something was blocking my throat, probably fear.
"Em...yeah. I-I'm alright...I- yeah" fuck I stuttered.
Why am I so nervous? Ok, I know why but...
"Harv...I know between us is awkward and stuff but-" I cut him off with my lips.
It was quick but when I saw Mikey's reaction, I hated myself as soon as we pulled away from each other.
"Oh god. I'm-I'm so sorry...I-I should go" I started to cry but as I was about to leave, he grabbed my arm and hugged me tightly.
I just wrapped my arms around him and for once I felt safe.
"I know that you're still with Loren and that I confused your thoughts but remember, you'd always have a chance with me in my world" he didn't sound mad or anything like that, his voice was completely calm.
"Come and find me when you'll figure everything out" he ended with a kiss on my cheek and left.
I'm in a lot of trouble now, fuck.

Time skip -later that week-
I was at the mall with Loren cuz she needed a dress for prom while I needed to find a way to end things with her.
I know I kinda cheated and I love Loren but not in that way anymore, I feel like our relationship lost that kind of love a while ago.
But she's so kind and understanding with me so I didn't know how to tell her, I will break her heart anyway.

"Harv...are you even listening to me?" she said.
"Yeah, sorry. Got lost in my thoughts"
She kept looking at the dresses in the store.
"Are you sure you're ok? Cuz lately you've been off...what's wrong?" she asked with the sweetest tone ever.
"Nothing. Just tired" I lied.
I won't break up with her in this shop, I'm not that cruel.
We continued shopping and somehow Loren managed to distract me from my problems even tho she's kinda involved.

Time skip -prom night-
I still haven't talked with Loren and I didn't know what to do, why I always have to complicate everything?
I was talking with Loren and a bunch of her friends when Mikey entered the ballroom with Andy and Sonny, he looked stunning in that suit.
I think that my heart stopped for a second at the sight cuz I've never seen him in a proper suit and he was breathtaking.
But Loren dragged me to the dance floor without letting me go and say hi to the boys and I lost Mikey.
For the whole night, I was distracted and couldn't enjoy the night till Loren spoke to me.
"You should go and find him..." she sat on the chair next to mine.
I looked at her confused.
"You know who I'm talking about. You don't love me and it's ok, really. I just want you to be happy and he's the only one who can do that"
"But what about you?" I was on the verge of crying.
"I'm gonna be alright don't worry, now go and get your man" she said wiping a tear that was about to fall.
I kissed her on the cheek in a loving way and went off to find Mikey.

After a while, I found him outside, sat on a random bench doing nothing I guess and it was really weird but I just sat next to him.
"I-I told Loren about...you know...I-" I tried to explain but words didn't come out of my mouth and I felt incredibly nervous.
"Just shut up" Mikey said and then kissed me.
It felt right, our lips moved in sync and I wanted it to last forever but eventually, the kiss ended.
I was out of breath, it was like he took away all the oxygen left in my lungs.
"Are you ok?" he asked me while our foreheads rested against each other.
"Now that I'm here...yes"
Silence fell between us but it was perfect cuz Mikey makes me happy and I hope he feels the same around me.

___________________________________

Note*
Ok I don't really like how I wrote this one but I tried. The idea sounded better in my head but it's ok I guess. Btw this is the first chapter of 2021! I hope everything is alright and if it's not ok, you're gonna be ok. New stories coming soon