𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚🎊 ~Randy~

Inspired by the musical "The Prom"

Rye POV
As I closed the locker, Brook came up to me.
"Have you heard the news?" He asked while we walked out of the changing room.
"No...what happened?"
"This year's prom is gonna be a Sadie Hawkins one so you know what's gonna happen..." he said with a mischievous grin.
"Stop it. You know I don't like Clary that way..." I replied pushing him slightly.
Brook rolled his eyes and when we were about to get to my locker in the hallway, Clary appeared out of nowhere making me slightly jump.
"Oh, hi Clary...what are you doing here?" Brook asked with a weird tone, what an idiot.
"Hi, guys. I just wanted to know about prom..." she said while I looked for my math book.
"Well, girls invite guys right? So I'll wait..." Brook said and Clary simply nodded.
"And you Rye?" She looked at me.
"Emm...I-I don't know, I'll wait?" I said unsure turning around and at that moment he passed by...

No one knows that Andy and I are together, not even brook and I want to go to prom with him so bad but I don't know, I feel like I'm not ready to come out yet.
The thought of doing that scares the shit out of me, to be honest.
Andy came out a while ago and he's proud to be who he is but I can't do it.
The worst thing is that I feel guilty about this whole situation, Andy deserves to be free, he deserves to be able to walk hand in hand with who he loves and I'm ruining it for him.

"Rye...are you there? Who are you looking at?" Brook snapped his fingers in front of me.
"No one" I replied quickly scared that they could suspect something.
I closed my locker and the three of us walked towards our math class passing in front of Andy and his friend Jack.
Andy gave me a look and right after Jack whispered something to his ear, he probably knows something but I looked away anyway.
"But what about gay people...I mean a girl can invite another girl but what about the guys...?" I asked, nothing personal obv.
"I mean...I think they deserve to go to prom too so it's not a crime if they don't follow the rules for once" Brook stated.
"Why do you care? I'm sure tons of girls will ask you to prom...but you have to choose one..." Clary said taking her seat.
"Yeah, you're right..." I said even tho her sentence barely made sense.
Right before the lesson started I texted Andy cuz I needed to talk to him.

For the rest of the day Clary stayed really close to me and even tho I love her as a friend...I think everything is getting a bit too much.
"I forgot something in my locker so I'll be right back" I said as an excuse.
"Ok, I'll come with you. Brook, you can wait for us here" Clary suggested.
"Emm, no. I mean my locker in the changing room...so no girls allowed there"
Clary's mood dropped but I know she'll get over it in a sec, I just need some space.
"Well ok, we'll wait here" Brook said not bothered at all and I walked away.

I went towards the football field and waited for Andy under the stands, he usually goes there with Jack to smoke or something.
After a bit, he arrived and I went to hug him but I could sense something was off.
"Everything ok?" I asked confused by what was going on.
"You're going to prom with Clary...?" His voice cracked slightly.
"What? No, I don't like Clary that way and even tho it's a Sadie Hawkins prom that doesn't mean 2 guys can't go together..."
"So you're ready to come out? Cuz what I saw today didn't convince me, Clary was all over you today" Andy said this time with watery eyes.
"Andy...she doesn't mean anything to me, you have to trust me. I love you and about prom, I'm thinking about it...I'm still scared..." I confessed.
"Scared of what Rye!? Of losing your credibility? Your friends? What?! Cuz for the record Brook once hooked up with Jack so why are you worried? You have me..." Andy kinda freaked out and he was fully crying at this point.
"What?! Brook and Jack?!" I was shocked.
Andy didn't say anything just lit up a cigarette.
I grabbed his chin and made him look into my eyes.
"Please don't cry...I love you more than anything and I'm trying my best, I swear. I just need a bit of time so please understand me" I begged.
Andy signed and took a drag of his cigarette.
"I love you too" was the only thing he said then he kissed my lips softly.
Then we sat and cuddled each other in a comfortable silence.
"Are you sure my Brook was hooking up with your Jack?" I asked cuz I still wasn't over that fact.
"Yep, at Brat's party..." and said while finishing his cigarette.
"Omg, so those hickeys weren't from a girl!!" Realization his me.
"And what about the ones that I give you...who people think they are from?" He smirked and put out his cigarette.
"I mean the team thinks they are from some random girl or sometimes Clary but Brook doesn't even notice them"
"Soon that girl will understand which is her place cuz I swear, every time I see her all over you I just want to punch her and throw up" Andy said getting up and walking away, I followed him.
"Are you jealous?" I asked with a smirk.
"Why should I be jealous? You ran away from the only date you had with a girl...I'm not worried about her taking you away from me" Andy stated but he avoided my gaze so he's definitely lying.
"Mmm...ok, if you say so..." I rolled my eyes and kept following him.
"You should go back now...people could see us together here..." Andy coldly said.
"Come on babe, you can't be mad at me..." and as I said that Jack arrived.
"What did I miss?" He asked.
"Nothing, we are leaving" Andy replied and dragged Jack away.
I signed and walked back to Brook and Clary, I'm an idiot and now I need to find a way to make things up with Andy.
"You're back! Finally..." Brook said happier than ever, almost like I left for a century.
"We need to talk later" I said seriously.

Time skip -later at Rye's house-
"Why you didn't tell me about Jack uh?" I said right away after Brook closed my bedroom door.
"What?" He panicked.
"You heard me...what happened with Jack and why you didn't tell me? I'm your best friend"
Brook looked away and sat on my bed fidgeting with his fingers.
"It started out of nowhere...we were at Brat's party and Jack was smoking at one of the balconies so I joined him. Things escalated quickly and now we kinda hook up sometimes..." he confessed.
"Brooklyn Gibson Wyatt!" I said shocked like what?
"Don't look at me like that, I'm as surprised as you are" he defended.
After a moment of silence, I decided to ask him the question...
"...Brook, are you...em gay?"
He looked at me and for some reason, I was nervous for his reply.
"...to be honest I think I'm bi cuz I think I like both girls and boys but Jack has been the only boy so...not sure" he explained and I nodded.
"But I'm not the only one with a secret here..." Brook nudged my shoulder.
Oh shit, now I have to tell him cuz definitely Jack told him something.
"Ok ok...me and Andy are kinda together..." I admitted.
"I already knew it but still wanted to hear it from you"
"You're not mad at me?" I asked confused.
"No...I mean I didn't tell you about Jack so I don't blame you...I get why you were scared to come out. I still love you the same way" Brook smiled and gave me a side hug.
I'm glad he's not mad at me or something.
"But what are you gonna do with prom? And with Clary?"
"I don't know...I want to go with Andy obv but he's mad at me right now..." I said hiding my face in my hands.
"Hey, don't worry... I'll help you fix everything" he reassured me.
Thank god I have Brook by my side.

Time skip -prom night-
"Are you sure this is gonna work?" I asked while Brook fixed my hair.
"Yeah, Jack is gonna help us so nothing to worry about"
I breathed in to calm myself down, I can do this.

When we arrived at school, me and Brook waited at the entrance while everyone got in with their partners.
"Shit, what about Clary?!" I asked panicked, for a moment I forgot about her.
"Calm down...I told her to meet us inside plus she doesn't know we are here"
We waited for another couple of minutes then I heard a familiar voice.
"Jack, I swear that if it's a prank I'm gonna kill you!" Andy complained.
Jack was dragging him towards us while he was struggling to walk due to the blindfold he had on his eyes.
Then Andy stopped in front of me and Jack removed the blindfold.
"SURPRISE!"
Andy looked at me confused.
"I'm ready..." I simply said.
"Are you for real?!"
I nodded and the second after, Andy wrapped his arms around me.
"I was about to kill whoever invited you to prom..."
I laughed at his joke cuz he's too cute, I swear.
"Well...you're coming with me now so no need to kill anyone.
"Shall we enter?"
He nodded and took my hand.

This is it, this is the moment.
Me and Andy walked hand in hand with Brook and Jack close behind and I was expecting the worse but nothing happened...what?
Like no one tried to kill us or hit us just a couple of confused stares and maybe someone was a bit disgusted, there are a lot of homophobic dickheads in this school, but nothing too bad.
The team didn't even say a word...they simply came up to me and Brook to say hi like nothing was going on.
This was easier than I thought...only Clary freaked out a bit, in fact, she cried maybe cuz she realized that I'm not into girls.
"See nothing bad happened..." Andy said to my ear while we slow danced.
"Yeah, didn't even know why I was so worried I mean I can't change who I am even if I want to"
"But I'm proud of you...I really am" he added.
"I hope so...I want you to be..." and we kept dancing.
This prom was even better than I imagined.

___________________________________

Note*
It's 7 am and I haven't slept so yeah why not post something. I feel soo tired but can't sleep, the bright sight is that Easter holiday started so I have a week off school. Hope to be able to write more stories. I love u guys🌌