Shopping encounter🛍 ~Marvey~

Mikey POV
Another day, another boring shift. I work at a store in a shopping center and now it's becoming really boring, I mean I always do the same stuff and I'm not happy anymore but I need the money.
Besides that, today I had a late afternoon shift so I guess I have to stay till closing time, something that I hate actually but at least there are fewer customers.
"Mikey, I need help with those shirts. Can you fold them please?" one of my coworkers said.
I nodded and went over to do my job.
After a few minutes, I finally finished but I heard some girls screaming at the entrance of the shop. What the hell is going on?
I went to see what happened and I saw this blonde boy running into the shop really fast, followed by a big man. I was so confused so I walked towards the boy for explanations.
"Em...excuse me, what is going on?" I asked a bit mad cuz he just randomly ran into my shop.
He looked at me with scared eyes and my mood changed completely. His greenish eyes were hypnotizing and his long lashes... I didn't know what to say, I was speechless.
"Help me..." was all he said and I didn't hesitate to help him.
I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the back of the shop, where we put all of our storage. In the meanwhile, my coworker was dealing with all the crazy girls. Now I need explanations.
"What happened out there?" I asked firmly.
"Emmm...they are my fans..." he looked down.
I raised my eyebrow in confusion.
"I'm a singer and those girls are my fans. I decided to go shopping for a bit but I guess they followed me" he explained.
I nodded and stayed in silence, what am I supposed to do now?
"Well, I'm Harvey" he presented himself.
"I'm Mikey" I replied.
I'm not gonna lie, it was a bit awkward there, then I asked him to sing something since I want to know how talented he is to have crazy fans following him.
"Emm...ok..." he was so shy.

~before you go...was there something I could have said to make it all stop hurting? Kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless so...before you go-

He was really good, wow.
"Now I understand why you have crazy fans running after you" I said with a reassuring smile.
He looked at me with his kind eyes and I knew I had to help him to get out.
"Ok...now I'll get you out of this shop so follow me"
He didn't say anything, just followed me out of the store. He's really shy and that surprised me cuz he's an artist so it is his job to interact with people.
Once at the back exit, I opened the door for him.
"Well...I guess that's it. Now you're free again" I nervously laughed a bit.
He just looked down, fidgeting his fingers.
"Thank you for your help... that means a lot"
"No worries..." I replied and he walked away.
I watched him while he walked towards his black car, I wished I had asked him for his number. He was shy but really cute. Then when I was about to walk back inside, I heard someone calling my name and I turned back. Harvey was running and calling me then he reached me out of breath.
"Mikey, I wanted to give you this" and he handed me a piece of paper then he walked away for good.
I opened the paper and there was a message on it.

-this is my number **** call me or text me xx-

I smiled looking at the note.

Time skip -a few days later-
Today I have a day off so I decided to text Harvey. I didn't do it sooner cuz I was too nervous so I just waited but I think that now is the best day. After a few attempts and a lot of thinking, I decided to write something.

-hey Harvey, it's Mikey x-

I decided to wait a bit for his reply and I was so nervous, I kept checking my phone every minute. Then a ding, I rushed to grab my phone to read the message.

-hey happy that you texted me.
How about we meet again? X-

-I have a day off today so we can go for a coffee-

-that's perfect. Let's meet at ... in an hour x-

-I'll be there x-

Then I went to get ready. I need to look good so I showered, did my hair, chose an outfit and finally exit the house. I was perfectly on time but Harvey hasn't arrived yet so I waited. After 5 min, a guy with a black hoddie sat at my table, he was a bit scaring but once the hood was off I noticed it was Harvey.
"Hey sorry but I don't want the fans to ruin our date" he blushed a bit.
So now it is a date uh...
"Well, how are you?" I asked to start a conversation.
The -date- went really well, I had a great time and he's actually really nice. I think I like him but idk if he feels the same.
After spending 2h at the coffee shop, we decided to walk to a park nearby and our hands brushed a few times, I really wanted to grab it but I was scared. I didn't want to ruin everything. Then we decided to sit on a bench and just talk.
I felt my heart pounding so fast in my chest then a soft touch in my hand.
"Hey don't be nervous..." Harvey's voice calmed me.
I breathed in and smiled at him, maybe I won't mess this up.
We talked a bit and I found out that Harvey started to sing when he was 5 years old and now he sells out arenas and crazy fans run after him. My life, on the other hand, is so boring.
"Emm... Mikey..." I looked at him.
"I really like you, I mean since the day we met in your shop...so I wanted to ask you: would you be my boyfriend?" I was shocked, so he liked me back.
"Yes!" I said squeezing his hand.
"Now I hope that my crazy fans don't chase you" he giggled and thinking about it, I got nervous again.
"Hey hey... I didn't mean to worry you. I promise you'll be fine and if you want to keep this a secret, it's fine" he looked down at our locked hands.
"We can keep this a secret for now but I'm happy to be with you. Actually, I'm glad that your crazy fans followed you till my shop" I smiled at him.
We spend the rest of the date at the park with our hands locked and my head on his shoulder.

___________________________________

Note*
Marvey is back and this one is pretty cute. I always love writing about this cute couple. Also school is a nightmare this period cuz there are a lot of test and I'm kinda in a crisis so sorry if I disappear for a bit.🛍❤️