I wasn't there for you ~Honny~

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of cutting and self harm so please don't read if it bothers you x

Harper POV
I was running around my house to clean up everything since Zach was about to come over any minute.
I usually don't really care how my house looks but this time I do and since I met Zach, I've always tried to make a good impression but obviously without being obsessed about it.
Zach is one of Andy's ex-classmates so we met through him at a party. We clicked right away and since then we hang out regularly.
I don't know if I have a crush on him cause we got close really fast and I feel good when I'm around him but on the other hand, I have Sonny, my best friend.
I think I've always had a crush on him maybe I'm even in love with him but Sonny's special and everything about him is perfect.
From the way his eyes crinkle when he laughs to how caring and adorable he is when he gets protective.
But no matter how much I love Sonny, I'm scared of ruining everything and his friendship means too much to me.

Then the doorbell got me out of my thoughts and I went to open the door.
"Hey Harp!" Zach said giving me a warm hug.
I melted into his arms and breathed in his scent.
He smells amazing but is it wrong if it reminds me a bit of Sonny's smell? Harper stop.
We then moved to the couch and we started a movie.
We didn't cuddle but we were sat really close and when I saw that he was about to make a move, my phone rang.

"Shit, sorry. It's Sonny so I'm gonna answer it quickly" I said walking towards the kitchen while picking up the phone.
"Sonny-" I got cut off.
"Hey Harps! How you doing?" he sounded happier than usual.
"I'm fine but right now I can't talk. Zach came over and we're watching a film..." I felt a bit bad but I was busy and he called in the worse time.
"Ah ok...well sorry I interrupted" I noticed his tone and mood changed.
"I'll call you later ok?" I promised trying to make Sonny feel better.
"No, it's ok. I'll go to bed early so I'll see you tomorrow, I guess" and he ended the call.
I sighed but pushed it away and went back to Zach.

Sonny POV
I thought Harper had some time to at least talk on the phone with me but apparently, he's too busy spending time with Zach.
I don't hate him but there's something about him that doesn't seem right to me, I don't know.
Also, Harper spends a lot of time with him and I feel a bit left out, not gonna lie but I won't play the role of the jealous friend.
So after Harper hanged up on me, I went to watch a couple of movies and I was about to fall asleep.

At that moment the only thing my mind was focused on was Harper, I love him obviously and he's my best friend but maybe there's something more.
My mind was only able to think about our sleepovers and how we used to spend time together.
We still do it but it feels different like our bond got weaker.
I remembered how Harper used to fall asleep on my chest during the second half of the movie cause he has never been able to watch a whole movie without falling asleep.
A smile grew on my lips as I thought of Harper's adorable face while he was sleeping peacefully, that's what I miss and I feel like Zach is taking it away from me.

Harper POV -couple months later-
Since I met Zach, I felt like I started a new chapter in my life, a better one but with happy things come also bad things and that's what happened.
Things started to fall apart and they hit me like a tsunami.

My grandpa died and I don't even know if I'll be able to make it for the funeral since my family lives far away from me.
My job is going like shit cause my boss is being a complete asshole and I started to hate it there but worst of all, Sonny acts like I don't exist anymore.
For some reason, we spend less time together and I started to think that maybe I did something to upset him.
I've been feeling awful cause I didn't know how to handle everything and without Sonny by my side, I felt lost.
Yeah, Zach was there for me but I didn't tell him about my grandpa or the whole Sonny situation, just about my job and even though I appreciated his support, it still didn't feel the same.
I needed Sonny but since I couldn't have him, I decided to cut myself.
I know I shouldn't do it but I couldn't help it, it helped me to relieve the pain.
Something about watching the blood flowing out of my wrists calms me and even tho most of the time the tears blurred my vision, I still watch them turn red.
The only kinda 'bad' thing is when I have to clean the cuts and it stings like hell but I can handle the pain.