Don't 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 *1 ~Jacklyn~

Brook POV
I was cooking lunch for me and Ally as I always do. For some reason she was late, she's never late but maybe they let her out of school a bit later.
As I finished cooking, the front door opened and she came to me running.
"Hey-" I was immediately cut off.
"Dad! You won't believe what happened today!" She said really excited.
"I don't know, something happened at school?" I tried to guess.
"No. Jack announced his world tour and he's coming to London! He never comes to London for some reason but now he's coming!"
At that sentence, I dropped the glass in my hands.
"Dad is everything ok?" Her mood changed in a second.
"Yeah sorry. The glass just slipped but I bet that you want to go to the concert" I continued as nothing happened.
"Obv I mean, I waited for so long so please dad can I go?" She asked with puppy eyes.
"Ok...but I need to go with you cuz I don't want you to go alone" I said.
"Thank you, dad!" She hugged me really tight and ran upstairs to her room.
Now, what am I gonna do?
How do I tell her the truth?
If you don't know what I'm talking about...let me explain.

Years ago, I was in a band called roadtrip and through the years I got really close with Jack, one of my bandmates. Yes, the same Jack that my daughter was fangirling about.
We weren't in an official relationship cuz we decided to keep it a secret but there was something special between us two. He made me feel things that I've never felt and being with him was like being on cloud 9 but when the band ended, everything between us ended.
We stopped talking and we actually lost contact. It was like he completely forgot about me.
To be honest, I was devastated cuz he was the love of my life and he was gone now.

Then I got in a relationship with a girl for about 2 years and at that moment I kinda moved on from Jack but I was wrong.
Things started to fall apart and for some reason, she decided to adopt a child. I thought it was a bad idea cuz I wasn't ready to be a parent so we ended up in a massive argument and we broke up.
In the end, I ended up with Ally all by myself and even tho it was hard at the beginning, now she's everything I have. She's the best daughter in the world and it's always been us two so she's my ride or die.

The only person that knows about this whole story is my best friend, Sonny. We were in the band together so he knows both me and Jack pretty well. Also, he helped me raise Ally so I owe him a lot.

"What do you mean you'll see Jack again?!" Sonny was more than confused.
"Jack is gonna be on tour in less than a month and Ally wants to go see him since he's coming to London but she doesn't know anything" I explained being careful to not being heard by Ally.
"Oh god...well what did you say?"
"I obv said yes. I couldn't say no, Ally's happiness depends on Jack"
"Do you want me to come with you?" He proposed.
"No...I needed to face him anyway at some point so I guess this is the right time but thanks"
Then we kept chatting like we would normally do and he also stayed for dinner.

While we were eating, Ally couldn't stop talking about Jack, she looked so happy.
"So what's your favorite song by him?" Sonny asked.
"Emm...it's actually an unreleased one but it's really good, I hope he performs it at the concert. It's about one of his ex apparently but the lyric is so sweet and at the end he says -always loved you, actually, I still love you B-"
When she said the B, I almost choked while drinking.
"Sorry, just drank too fast" I apologized.
"Ok but you're scaring me today dad. Is everything ok?" She asked worriedly.
"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry"

Time skip - a month after-
"Dad come on, we are gonna be late! I want to meet Jack at his hotel before the concert day" Ally said to me while I was packing the last things.

We live like an hour away from London but I wanted to spend the weekend there with Ally so I got us a Hotel room.

Eventually, I packed everything and we got in the car to go towards London.
During the drive, we listened to music and not gonna lie, Jack's music is amazing. During the past few years, I promised myself to not search his name online cuz I wanted to get over him so hearing his voice after so long it's a bit weird.
I looked at Ally jamming and I've never seen her this happy. She looked like nothing was bothering her, like the only thing in her mind was Jack's voice.

After an hour, we arrived at the hotel and after settling down, we went to get some food and just walked around. We had a great time together and I love being with Ally in general, our bond is just something special.

Then after dinner, we walked back to the hotel and for some reason, there was a small group of people in front of the entrance. Ally started to run towards the crowd and I was confused, what the hell was going on?
Somehow I managed to walk through the crowd and I found Ally talking to someone, that someone was Jack...Jack Duff. I was scared and nervous at the same time but I managed to walk up to them.
"Ally, you can't run away like that" I said to her avoiding Jack.
"Sorry but I had to meet Jack. Jack this is my father Brooklyn" she said, excitement evident in her voice.
"Hi..." I shyly said making eye contact with Jack.
"Hey, nice to meet you. Your daughter is lovely and she just told me that you guys are coming to the show tomorrow so I wanted to give you, Ally some exclusive merch since you're so nice" Jack said acting like we didn't know each other and Ally's eyes light up.
"You guys can come to my hotel room so I can give you the merch and maybe have a little chat?" He asked and Ally didn't waste time to drag me with her.

Jack's hotel was actually the same that we booked so what a coincidence but I still wasn't comfortable with the situation.

In the room, there was a moment of silence but after Jack gave Ally the merch, he got near me and told me to go on the balcony. Even after years, every time he tells me what to do I obey immediately like he has some kind of power over me.

While I was waiting for him, my mind was thinking about a million things. I didn't know what to say or what he was gonna say and that made me feel even more nervous.

"You have a daughter now?!" He said a bit surprised once he walked outside.
"As if it was your business..." I coldly replied.
"You're right, it's not my business but you didn't tell me anything. We used to be more than friends so..."
"Yeah, we used to be and Ally isn't my biological daughter. I adopter her a while ago when I was in a relationship that didn't end well"
He simply nodded taking all the information in and silence fell between us.
"So...why didn't you plan any concerts in London? Ally told me that" I suddenly asked.
"Cuz of you...I was actually scared that you would have been there..."
"But...why?"
"Cuz I still love you...when we ended things I was completely lost. I also wrote a song about it but it's unreleased" he confessed.
I didn't know he was serious but being face to face with him made me realised that maybe he was telling the truth.
"That is actually Ally's favorite song...she always talks about you, you're actually one of the main reasons why she's happy every single day" I said looking at the view from the balcony.
"And what do you feel about that?" He asked standing next to me.
"Well, if Ally is happy then I'm happy but if you're asking if I still think about you then yes...I do. It's like you never left my mind" I admitted.
He looked at my green eyes and it felt like he was looking directly at my soul, something that he has always been able to do. I knew what he wanted cuz I knew him too well but I wasn't ready for that.
"Jack...we can't. I have Ally and you are busy with the tour and everything...it's not gonna work"
"You two can come with me on tour and if you want to keep it a secret it's fine but don't leave again. I want to spend time with you and get to know Ally" Jack tried to reason with me.
"I have to go" I said and walked back in the room.
"Ally we need to go. It's late"
"Ok...but you look pissed, is something wrong?" She asked a bit confused.
I just ignored her question and pulled her out of the room.
"Brook please don't go" Jack's voice echoed in the hallway.

A part of me wanted to stay but something told me to just go and to not turn around so I just walked towards the elevators pulling Ally with me.

___________________________________

Note*
Yesterday was a rough day for me so today I decided to post something, it's a bit long but I like this one. Tomorrow I'm gonna go to the seaside cuz I have a house there so I hope that I'll get some inspiration for new stories. I love all of you and thank you for supporting my book.❤️