The 𝑊𝑎𝑣𝑒 🌊 ~Honny~

Harper POV
The ocean was calm, probably the most calm it has ever been. The sunset painted the sky with gorgeous colors and the whole view was a vibe.
If I have closed my eyes I would have heard the waves and probably some birds, they always fly around and I wish I was able to fly like them.
The sand was so soft and warm at the point that I laid down completely, it felt so comfortable. I played with the sand and it slipped through my fingers like nothing.
Everything on that beach was perfect but the most important part was the boy next to me.

He was sat up with his knees close to his chest and his eyes were fixed on the horizon. His dark curls were moved by the soft wind and I remembered that they always smelled like coconut cuz of his shampoo, that smell is addictive.
We sat next to each other without saying a word but we didn't have to, it was perfect in that way.
My gaze kept moving from the sunset to Sonny until I decided to rest my head on his shoulder and look at the sun going away.
He started to sing softly a melody that I didn't know but it was still beautiful cuz his voice is out of this world.
I grabbed his hand and played with the rings that he always wears but I felt that my eyes were about to close.
"It's ok love. You can sleep" Sonny said grabbing my hand interlocking it with his.
I nodded and cuddled his side even more.

I woke up when I felt something was slipping away from my hand almost like the sand that I played with before.
I opened my eyes and it was dark, the moon was up high in the sky then I looked down at my hand and I was confused.

Sonny's hand was fading away slowly and I couldn't do anything to stop it.
I looked up at him and he didn't look scared or worried, he just smiled at me.
"Don't keep thinking about me ok? Just move on" he said stroking my cheek.
"But I don't want you to go. I still need you here with me" I was on the verge of crying.
"I know but you'll be ok" and he kissed my cheek softly.

Then he kept fading away and I just hugged him really tight, hoping that he would stay but he didn't.
He disappeared in the air and I ended up alone in the dark surrounded by nothing but the sand.
It felt weird cuz I missed Sonny and I didn't understand why he left me but on the other hand, deep inside I knew it was the best for us.
I just had to cope with the emptiness that was inside me.

I looked at the ocean once again and the waves weren't calm like before, they were more harsh and scary. It looked like a storm was about to come but for some reason, I just stayed there, sat in the sand that started to feel like sandpaper.
Then out of nowhere a giant wave hit the shore and me.

I jolted awake and looked around, I was on the beach and Brook was next to me while Andy was running towards us.
I spit out some water and Brook patter my back.
"Omg Harper are you ok?" Andy asked scared.
"Yeah, just feeling a bit dizzy" I said coughing a couple of times and rubbing my temples.
"Well, you probably hit your heard hard when that wave hit you" Brook explained.
"But thank god you are ok. What happened? I mean you zoned out..." he asked.
Then Sonny's face popped in my mind.
"Nothing. I just got distracted but now I'm fine. Thanks" I said.
"Maybe we should go home" Andy suggested and we all drove home.

All 3 of us live together in a small house not far away from the beach.
"Harp are you sure you're ok?" Brook asked again.
"Yeah, I just need some sleep so I'm going to bed now"
I showered and laid in bed right after.

To be honest I wasn't tired, just confused.
I couldn't get that image out of my head like it was haunting me.
Me and Sonny broke up a while ago cuz it was the right decision for both of us, in fact, we stayed friends after but things changed and when I moved in with Brook and Andy, we stopped hanging out.
Obv I miss him but I can't have him back, it won't be right for neither of us also he probably doesn't want me back.

Time skip -next few days-
"Harp, what's wrong? You look a bit off and practice isn't going that well. You have a competition in a few days" Brook told me.

We've been best friends for a lifetime but somehow I felt like he wouldn't understand the whole situation this time.

"I'm just tired but don't worry, I'll be ready for the competition"
Brook nodded and left to join Andy at the bar.
I picked up my board and kept on going with my practice.

After a few fails, I finally did it without falling over. Now I just need to be focused on the competition.

Time skip -competition day-
"Ok Harp, you're next and just do your best and please don't fall and hit your head" Andy said.
"Andy don't scare him. You're gonna do great" Brook smiled.
I breathed in and out, I can do this.

I was on my board waiting for the wave to come and I repeated to myself like a mantra that I just needed to clear my mind and to focus on surfing. This was not the time to think about Sonny or anything else.
The wave arrived and I caught it without a problem, I was doing good but when I was almost at the end, he popped up between the people on the shore.

He looked right at me with his gorgeous eyes and my heart stopped for a second then flashbacks got that dream came up in my mind.
I lost control of the board and the wave completely hit me.

___________________________________

Note*
Ok I didn't go away, I swear. I was just on vacation and I didn't have internet so I couldn't upload anything but I missed posting. I'm kinda proud of this one even if it's a bit weird. Hope you like it. 🏝