It started with 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚢🧪 *2 ~Jacklyn~

Brook POV -next day
I walked to school like every morning and I was late as always. Before classes, I had to do some student president's stuff but I swear that sometimes is just too much. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I bumped into someone. I could recognize his cologne miles away...

"hey be careful." he said. I missed him even if I saw him yesterday. "sorry today I'm just too busy" I said picking up my stuff. "I'll help you. Give me your books" he's too caring and I love this new side of him. We walked inside the school to my locker and I noticed that he was nervous. Jack Duff nervous?! Nah...
"Jack, what's wrong?" "nothing" he replied quickly. "you're lying. Spill it out" I said seriously. "ok... I wanted to know if after what happened yesterday we are... I mean if you and I are..." he was rambling. "yes Jack, I'd like to be your boyfriend" I finished his sentence and he finally relaxed. "you are cute when you're worried" I said and kissed his cheek but he kissed my lips and I swear to God that's better than heaven. Right after a few guys from Jack's gang passed and he looked at them madly. "what happened with them, Jack?" "They kicked me out of the gang after what I did yesterday" I took his hand that was turning into a fist. "I'm sorry but maybe it is better like this" I tried to calm him down and it seemed to work. "obv is better, I have you now" he smiled at me. We talked a bit then the bell rang and we went to class hand in hand.

Jack POV
Me and Brook have only science and chemistry together so I missed him a lot today since we don't have lesson with ms. Robertson. I was drawing on my notebook due to the boring history lesson. I was in my own world when I heard whispers. They were coming from the back and I tried to listen. "that loser now is with that fag. I mean they kissed" "I know I'm not that dumb. We have to punish him, so think about something" "why don't we hit the fag. He's definitely his weak spot" "great idea. At the usual place" oh shit. I know they are from my old gang and I know that they want to hurt me. The bell rang and I rushed to Brook's class, I have do be quick. I waited outside his class and he finally walked out, thank God. I grabbed his arm and went to his locker avoiding -the usual place- cuz I know they are gonna be there.

"what's going on Jack?! You are scaring me" when we arrived at the locker I explained to him the situation. "Jack-" "no Brook, I'm not being paranoid. I heard then" he looked at me and took my hands. "babe I know you want to protect me and I appreciate it. A lot. But you need to chill" I wanted to believe him but I don't trust them. I know how dangerous they can be. "ok I'll try to chill, but you have to promise me something" he nodded to me. "if they get near you even of a meter, you call me and I'll come right away. You got it?" "got it. I love you" what?!? Did he just say the 3 words?!
"hey don't panic. I told you that cuz it's the truth and maybe you can distract yourself a bit" he pecked my lips and left. " I love you too." I said but he didn't hear me.

Brook POV
Now I have P.E. But I was thinking to skip it cuz even if I said to Jack to not worry, I was worried. I don't want to get beat up and if I go to the gym, Jack won't be able to come in time. So I made up and excuse, for example, that I had to work on some paperwork. The teacher let me go and I walked to the Secretary, in the hall, there was no one and it was kinda terrifying. Then I thought, they should be in class so I can relax. I still walked as fast as possible while I had Jack's chat ready, just in case. I don't even know why I was so worried but I kept saying to myself "you're fine. It's the last corner".

When I turned the corner I was so nervous but when I saw nobody there, I was so relieved but that feeling didn't last long.
"Wyatt!" I didn't turn around and kept walking while I was texting Jack for help. "you know, I have a confession: we hate who is Mr. Perfect and who takes away our gang members" they stopped me and pinned me on the wall, almost choking me. I was so scared and couldn't breathe. "well I know that you are the problem so we are gonna get rid of you ok?" he said with a big smirk while I was trying to get out of his grip. At one point I couldn't feel anything, tears came don't my cheeks and I gave up reaching for air. "you're crying like a bitch Wyatt" he laughed. Why me?! Was my only thought.

When my eyes were about to close, I heard him. My angel, coming for saving me. "GET OFF HIM." he said furiously while punching the guy. He fell in the ground and Jack grabbed him by the shirt and kinda did the same that the boy did to me. "now listen to me. From now on don't you even DARE to touch him, look at him, talk to him or even get near him or I'm gonna BEAT YOUR FACKING ASS!" Jack screamed to him right on his face then he let go of the boy and kneel down to me right away. I was so happy that he saved me but still scared. He hugged me so tight and I felt safe instantly. "shh it's ok baby, I got you now" at this point I was sobbing so loud. He caressed the back of my neck while I was letting everything out. When my sobs got quite he said "let me see Brooky" I refused to. I knew it was bad but I didn't want him to see it. " I know it hurts baby but I need to see it. Let me do it" he made a sad face and I couldn't say no. His eyes wide open at the view, he tried to touch the marks but I hissed in pain even before. "ok ok I won't touch then but I'm gonna take you home" he kissed my forehead and held my hand.

Jack POV
While I was driving home I saw Brook sleeping. His face is too cute and he's such a precious creature but when I looked down at his neck I couldn't stop thinking about the scene.

Flashback
I was in art class and I kept checking my phone, in case Brook needed me. I know he has P.E. So he'll be far from -the place- but you never know. When I finally calmed down and started to draw something, I got a text.

Brook💘: Jack! I feel someone tailing me. Idk what to do!

I read it quickly and asked for permission to go to the bathroom. When I was out of class I ran away trying to find Brook. I have to be there before something happens. But apparently, I was too late.
He had red marks on his neck and I was so mad at the boy who did this, he hurted my Brook and it was my fault. My fucking fault.

End flashback
When we arrived at Brook's house, I woke him up gently. Hs didn't open his eyes but he mumbled something. "baby I can carry you inside but I need the keys" he pointed at his bag and when I found the keys, I proceed to bring him inside. I went upstairs to his room and laid him on the bed. While he was resting, I went searching for bandages or stuff like that for his bruises. Finally, I found something and went back to Brook's room.

I opened the door and he was awake but still laid in the bed with a blanket stare. I went next to him and cuddled him to show my love. " I love you Jacky." he said low out of nowhere. "you don't have to say it if you don't mean it" he looked at me so I sat up trying to explain him. "Brook, I love you more than words can describe and don't get me wrong, I want you by my side forever. But I can't let you stay if those are the consequences" and I pointed at his marks. He didn't say anything, just silence. After a minute or so, he just kissed me harshly. We've never kissed in this way but god if I liked it. I want so badly to take the risk with him but it won't be fair for him. We parted after the kiss and our foreheads were touching. "Jack, don't ever say anything like that again... I'm not going away only cuz of some asshole. I love you too much to let you go. Understand it?" I simply nodded and kissed him again, but this time it was full of love, not lust. After that I took take of his bruises, kissing them softly afterward. We ended the day chilling, watching Netflix.

____________________________________

Note*
I kinda like this one and I think that a story about a new ship is coming. So stay tuned for that.