This 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕪 sucks ~Honny~

Sonny POV
Here we are, in front of another house.
I lost count of the parties that I went to this year and I'm not even the type for parties. My best friend Rye is that type of guy.
Both of us are in the football team so that means that we have to go to every party or event. Most of the boys in the team are assholes, yeah you read it right. They always do stupid shit, make fun of everybody and play with girls' feelings, sometimes I'm ashamed to go around with this jacket on. But I'm not like them, I'm just in the team cuz I love football and I'm gay so I'm not really interested in girls even tho no one knows about this part.

"Sonny are you with us?" Rye's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"What?" I asked confused.
"I said that we are going inside and play beer pong" he repeated.
I nodded and exited the car.
Inside there were a lot of people, maybe too many for that house. I just followed Rye inside till he stopped to say hi to someone.
"Mikey, mate!" He cheered bro hugging a dark-headed boy.
I've never seen him around, to be honest.
"Rye, you made it!" This Mikey replied.
"Obv we can't say no to a party. This is Sonny by the way" he said pointing at me.
I said hi to Mikey and he seems nice but I got this feeling that he's just like the others, a cliche football player.

After that, we went to the garden and the boys decided to play beer pong. I wasn't feeling it so I just sat on a random bench with my drink in my hand.
Even tho I'm in the team and I'm considered as one of the most popular guys in school, I wish I had friends but true ones. Everyone here is so fake and I feel lonely, even right now at this stupid party. I need someone that is able to understand me, that won't judge me for anything, I just need someone to be myself with.
I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice a girl sitting beside me and she was actually talking to me. I didn't listen to a single word she said. But I didn't want to be rude, I just wanted to be somewhere else, someone far away from here. So I stood up and walked away, I need to find some silence.
I walked upstairs and besides a couple of people making out, it wasn't that busy, now I just need an empty room.

After a while of searching, since that house was huge, I found one. As soon as I closed the door, I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.
My gaze was fixed on the door but a voice made me jump.
"Are you ok?"
"Fuck!" I said aloud cuz I thought I was alone in the room.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you" this voice said again.
I was confused since I couldn't see this person.
"I'm at the window"
It was like they could read my mind and I felt kinda stupid for the situation.

I walked towards the window and at that moment, I saw the perfect boy or maybe I'm talking too soon since I don't even know his name.
What caught my attention were his light blue eyes, they were just amazing and it was like looking at the ocean.
He was sat at the window with a cigarette in his hand and the first question that popped in my head was: why is he here?
"Cuz this party sucks"
Shit did I said that aloud?!
"Yep. Yep, you did" he giggled.
Omg! What is happening to me?!
"Now is my turn to ask why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be playing beer pong or to make out with random girls like all the football players?"
"I'm not like the others. This party sucks" I said sitting next to him.
He looked outside of the window and took a drag of his cigarette then passed it to me.
I accepted it and he looked at me with wide eyes.
"You're really different from the others uh... they usually say shit like: it's not healthy"
"Yeah..."
I didn't know what to say. I was so awkward and without reason.

We stayed in silence for a bit and I actually enjoyed it, definitely more than the beer pong or the alcool.
"Can I know your name?" I broke the silence.
"Mmm...it depends. Do you really care or is this a stupid bet?" He replied looking in my eyes.
"What kind of bet could it be?" I teased a bit.
"I don't know maybe kissing me or something else. You're the jock here, not me" he looked away.
"If I wanted to kiss you, I'd already done it. I don't need a stupid bet for that"
A wave of confidence rushed through me.
"What makes you think that I want to kiss you too?" He looked in my eyes again and they flickered for a second to my lips.
"Well, you just did that..." I laughed a bit.
He looked outside and kept on smoking, maybe I said something wrong.

Silence fell between us and I was debating myself if I should say something again or not.
"Harper" he said out of nowhere.
Ok, now what's your plan Sonny? You have to say something back.
"Why are you panicking? I just said my name" he laughed.
"No, nothing just me being dumb" I replied shyly.
Why am I like this?
I've never been the awkward kind of guy, why am I being it right now?
"Well, I find it cute that you don't know what to say"
I blushed at his statement.
Why am I blushing?
"Here's my number and if you're not really like the others, text me or call me"
He grabbed my arm and wrote a few numbers with black eyeliner.
"But you don't even know my name..." I said before he walked out of the room.
"What if I already know it, Sonny?"
And he left the room.

I stayed there completely frozen, how does he know my name?
I pushed away my thought and looked at the number on my arm. Maybe I can be myself with him.

___________________________________

Note*
I'm back again with a late evening post. Today I had a weird day so I decided to upload something to feel a bit better. Also I'm really excited for the upcoming chapters. Stay happy.🥂