𝑀𝑦 𝑆𝑢𝑒📜 ~Honny~

TW: not really trigger warning but some sentences might upset you (idk if that makes sense)
love_fovvs liked some of my stories with asexual representation so...
Ps. is a bit long ;)

Sonny POV
Every time I walk inside this building I just want to end it, it's worse than hell because even there they have a bit of mercy always if God exists...
I walked slowly through the hallway till I found my friends talking quietly near some lockers.
"Hey, Sonny!" Rye said and I replied with a simple nod.
I listened to him and Jeff talking, not really interested in their conversation then Rye brought up a party.
"Saturday my parents are gone for work or some shit so I'll have a party at mine" he proudly announced.
"Ok, I'll bring all the alcohol but we have to play truth and dare while drunk" Jeff added.
I rolled my eyes at their childish behavior like what are they? 5-year-olds? No one plays truth or dare anymore.
At this point, I don't even know why I'm still friends with them.
"Sonny, are you coming?" Jeff got my attention.
"Yeah sure..." I don't like parties at all but agreed anyway.

I wasn't really in the mood to talk to them so I excused myself and went to the school library.
The only positive thing about going to an old school is that we have a huge library full of books.
Walking in there feels like being in a maze and no one usually comes, some of them don't even know what a library is...
I'm not a nerd but there's something here that makes me feel safe.
I walked quietly into the room waving kindly at the old lady that always sits behind the main desk and headed towards the furthest corner, my paradise.
I always go here, not only because it's quiet and peaceful but also because it's my favorite section of the library.
All then books that aren't popular or known end up here and I've basically read all of them.
My fingers brushed lightly against the spine of the books on the shelf till I reached the book I wanted to read: 'Emily Dickinson'
I pulled out the book and opened it on a random page.
I read all of the poems inside of it but sometimes I like to reread them because every time I find some new detail that I didn't notice before.
The boys don't know about this but Emily is my obsession, she was an American poetess that lived in the 19th century.
I love everything about her and she's literally my spiritual guide.
I continued reading her poem when someone leaned against the bookshelf and spoke.
"She was a misunderstood genius, the perfect example that being normal sucks..."
I raised my eyes from the page and looked at the boy.
He was shorter than me, with golden hair and light eyes, basically the opposite of me and his style looked...particular...
"Em...yeah..." I didn't know what to say back because he read my mind and I was pretty shocked by his presence here in the first place.
The fact is that Emily wasn't considered a serious writer at the time and not many people know about her.
"I love her poems about death and whenever she talks about love it isn't cheesy..." he got closer.
I stared at him, not in a creepy way but with curiosity, he did it again and I'm scared.
"What are you reading exactly?" He asked and crossed his arms resting his back on the bookshelf in front of me.
"...a letter that she wrote for Sue..." I replied with a whisper.
"Her letters are my favorite...I knew that someone so perfect and smart couldn't love men. Emily proved that men suck"
"First of all, he loved Ben and second, you are one" I commented.
"Ben was the only exception and yeah you're right...I'm also attracted to them but men still suck"
I simply nodded because he wasn't wrong.
Silence fell between us and it was slightly uncomfortable even tho the guy seemed perfectly fine but thank God the bell saved me.
"I have to go now..." I said putting back the book.
Before leaving I turned around to look at the guy without a name, he smiled at me and I hoped to see him again.

The week went on without major problems, I've always been the quiet guy so no one really notices me most of the time and I'm fine with that.
Even if Rye and Jeff are my friends, I hate the fact that they are popular and extrovert because I always end up listening to shitty conversations like 'my mom won't let me go to that party' or 'that girl is so hot. I need to hook up with her'.
They are so superficial and I'm tired of it, that blonde guy was perfect compared to them, not that it's difficult.
He looked cute with his light eyes and most important he was so smart.
No one knows who Emily Dickinson is, at least not people our age but he does.
When I nominated Sue he didn't look confused at all, it was like I was talking about an old friend and not about Emily's secret lover.