𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 ~Jacklyn~

Brook POV
I was cleaning the counter of the bar since the local was empty, besides it was only 5 pm.

I work in a bar part-time but now that is summer I'm 24/7 at work. Usually, people come at night and to be honest is not the safest place since a lot of drug dealers and gangs come here but I'm used to it.
My dad is the leader of a gang but I don't want to be involved so I found a job and just stuck to it.

"Brook, a few important people are coming in a bit so I don't want any trouble out here" my boss said to me.
I simply nodded and kept on cleaning the bar.
After, I took the broom and started to sweep the floor when I heard the bell of the door ringing. Someone sat on one of the stools and without looking up I simply said that I'll be there in a sec. When I walked behind the counter, I saw who it was...Jack.
His face was beaten up and a bit of blood was on his lip and knuckles.
"Omg, Jack...what happened?!" I said really worried.

Jack is in my father's gang and that's how we became friends. He lost his parents when he was about 5 so my family decided to raise him. Now he just goes around and does some gang stuff that I don't even know so that's the reason why he's always bruised or the other option is cuz of his toxic boyfriend.
Jack came out as bi to me a few years ago but he met this Nick last year and since then they've been together. I don't like Nick at all, he treats Jack like shit and he doesn't deserve all of this. I wish I could call Jack mine so I could treat him like a king but he doesn't definitely like me in that way.

"Nothing..." Jack said low.
"Jack don't you dare lie to me" I said while grabbing something to clean his face.
He hissed in pain as soon as I touched his precious face.
"Me and Nick had a fight, that's all"
I looked at him with sad eyes.
It was about the 10th time this month and I knew that only cuz I took care of Jack each time.
"Don't you think you should break up with him?" I asked out of nowhere.
He didn't reply, he never does.
I bet that he doesn't even know the reason why he's still with that asshole.
"Can you give me a glass of rum? I need it" he asked softly.
I sigh and gave him the drink. How can I say no?
"Do you want to stay at mine tonight? So you don't have to face Nick..." I offered.
"Thanks, Brooky"
I always loved the way he says that nickname but I'm just a hopeless lover so I should get those thoughts out of my head.
We spent the rest of the day at the bar since both of us didn't want to go anywhere else. We chatted about random stuff and it was nice to talk to him alone. Since he got with Nick, he got busier so we lost a bit of contact. Sometimes I wish I had the courage to tell him how I feel, maybe this way he would realize what true love is but good guys like me never win.
"Brook, what are you thinking about?" Jack snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Emm...nothing"
"Who is the one lying now...?" He smirked.
I hate the fact that I can't lie to him, just like he can read my mind but thank god someone came in the bar saving me from Jack's questions.
"Ops...I have to serve the customer" I smiled and walked away.

Time skip -later at night-
It was about 11 pm and I was still working non stop, there were a lot of people that night.
"Jack, you can go home if you want. Don't wait for me" I said to him.
"No no. I'm fine and also I'm not tired"
I nodded and kept on with my work.

About 30 mins later, a drunk guy came to the counter.
"A bottle of whatever" he said in a rude way.
Everyone at the counter looked at him.
"Excuse me...?" I said not sure if I got the words right.
"You heard me, give me a fucking drink" he said louder.
I recognized that it was Nick, oh no...
"Em...I may ask you to leave please" I tried to stay calm.
"Listen to me Wyatt, I had a shitty day so give me a damn drink and don't be an asshole" he looked really mad.
Then Jack noticed the commotion and got closer asking what was going on.
"Oh, so you're here too..." Nick said to Jack.
"Nick, you have to leave as Brook said"
"So now you listen to this loser" Nick said pretty drunk and mad.
"Don't you dare talk about him like that" Jack raised his voice.
"Fuck off Duff!"
Nick was about to leave but Jack grabbed his shirt.
"Listen you dick. You can talk shit about me but not Brook. He doesn't deserve to be involved"
Nick slapped Jack hard and the Irish boy let go of the shirt.
"I might have cheated on you but I wasn't the one that faked an entire relationship cuz too scared to tell the truth!" Nick yelled.
Everyone was shocked.
What was going on?
Right after, Nick left the bar with a middle finger.

I ran to Jack to check his bruised cheek.
"I'm fine Brook" he said coldly.
"What was he talking about?" I asked concerned.
"You. He was talking about you!" He snapped at me and left.
I stood there shocked.
What did he mean?
After being frozen for a few minutes, I decided to look for Jack. It didn't take long since he was at the back of the bar with a cigarette in his hand.
"Jack, we need to talk..." I started calmly.
"I've never loved him, it was all fake. I wanted to forget about someone, about you so I got with Nick but today I caught him cheating. I'm sorry Brook" he confessed still looking at his cigarette.
Did he just say that he has feelings for me?!
"I like you too, always have" I simply said.
"No Brook, you don't get it. We can't be together. I'm an asshole while you're caring, kind and just perfect. I don't deserve a good guy like you"
He was about the leave but I grabbed his wrist and spun him around.
We were inches apart and my eyes kept flickering from his eyes to his lips.
"Brook please no..."
"I always thought that good guys never win cuz you were with Nick and I was hopeless but now...I have a chance and I won't waste it"
Right after I smashed my lips on his. It felt so right and our lips moved in sync. The taste was a mix of smoke and something sweet and I wanted to kiss him forever but eventually, we pulled apart.
"I love you Brooky"
"I love you too" I said out of breath.

Time skip -a few months later-
Me and Jack are still together and I couldn't be happier. We got our ups and downs but I love him more than anything so we always manage to make up. Maybe good guys sometimes win too.

___________________________________

Note*
I got inspired by the song above and it's actually a really good song so you should listen to it. Jacklyn is back and I ran out of ideas kinda so if you have any suggestions comment them.😚