Cʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ Hᴇᴀʀᴛs 💙🧬 ~Randy~

Inspired by the movie 'Chemical Hearts'

Rye POV
I was talking with Mikey and Sonny at my locker but I wasn't really listening to them. I was in my own thoughts when a boy caught my attention.

He looked a bit like a loner, someone that enjoys spending time alone but something about him interested me. Maybe his golden hair that made his skin even more white or the way he was dressed in the oversize jumper that made him look so cute or probably his light blue eyes...I don't know.

"Guys...guys, who is that?" I asked interrupting Mikey and Sonny's conversation.
"Ah, he's the new kid and he's actually in a couple of our classes" Sonny said.
"He actually has a strange story. Apparently, he's gay or he had a boyfriend and he died in a car crash about a year ago. People say that he changed school cuz he couldn't handle being in the school of his dead boyfriend" Mikey added.
"Wow, that's crazy" Sonny commented.
I couldn't believe it. That's a lot to handle and I felt really sorry for him.
Then the bell rang and we walked to class.

Timeskip -after school-
I wanted to get to know Andy, yeah I found out his name. He looks different and maybe he needs some new friends.

After school, I saw him walking away so I ran up to him leaving my friends behind but they are gonna be ok.

"Hey" I started.
He just looked at me and kept walking.
"I'm Rye. I saw that we have a few classes together so..." I continued.
"So you decided to talk to a random person that you don't even know just for fun?" he asked and I didn't know what to say.
"No, I just wanted to be friends. You seem nice"
"No one thinks I'm nice and I don't have time for friends. Now let me go home" he coldly replied and walked away.
I stood in the middle of the road kinda shocked, I didn't expect it.

When I arrived home, I just did nothing but the conversation between me and Andy didn't leave my mind.

The next day I tried the same thing and even the days after.
He kept pushing me away but I noticed that he was giving in slowly.

"I was thinking that we should hang out one day, maybe today?" I suggested out of nowhere while we were walking.
"What is it, a date?" he asked raising a brow in confusion.
"No no, I mean only if you want...but em I just want to spend some time together..." I kinda panicked.
"Ok...but today I can't. I have to be somewhere else" Andy replied with his typical cold tone.
"Ok then we'll go another day" I said and we walked home in silence but a comfortable one, I guess...

Timeskip -later that day-
I was extremely bored so I decided to go for a little car trip.
It was rainy when I left but I kinda liked it, with my sad playlist it created the perfect gloomy atmosphere.
I decided to go towards the southern part of town where no one usually goes so there are fewer cars.

But while I was driving, I saw someone on the side of the road kneeling down in front of something. Maybe they needed help so I stopped the car and got closer.
Then I realized it was Andy and he was crying.

"Andy? What are you doing out here? It's raining and it's cold" I said taking off my jacket and giving it to him.
He turned around and I saw that he was broken, his red puffy eyes said it all.
I engulfed him in my arms and let him cry on my shoulder, I also noticed that he was shivering and shaking due to the cold.
"Come on, let's go in the car or you're gonna get a cold"
So we walked towards the car and got inside.

There was a moment of silence cuz both of us didn't know what to do or say. Then Andy broke the silence.
"This is where the car crash happened. W-where my boyfriend died..." he said low almost starting to cry again.
"I'm really sorry Andy. Genuinely sorry" they were the only words that came out of my mouth.
"It happened a year ago and we were just driving around cuz I love car trips but something went wrong and the second after he died. Each month I always come here and sometimes I can't help but blame myself for what happened. I'm here living my life while he's dead" Tears started to stream down his cheeks.
I wiped them away and rested my hand on his to comfort him. he grabbed mine and looked at me.
"It's not your fault. You could have died too but you're still here and it doesn't depend on you" I said still looking at his stormy eyes.
"Can I stay with you tonight? I don't want to be alone " Andy asked after a brief moment of silence.
"of course" I said and started to drive home.
I held his hand the whole time in case he got anxious.