Part 68 (Long Night)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Tonight was amazing, I was so excited I couldn't even sleep so I head downstairs to grab a glass of water and short after my mom walks in...

"Hi honey, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just... happy" I smile.

"Hmm, I take it last night was a success?"

"Yeah" I exhale deeply.

"But something is bothering you... What is it?"

"I just realized, I don't have bridesmaids, let alone a maid of honor... I don't even have friends"

"Oh sweetie, don't say that"

"It's true mom... I had Amber and she broke up with DJ and went God knows where... Gloria is divorcing Matt so there's no way they'll both be in the same room... There's just Jada"

"What about Taylor's wife? Marieka..."

"I don't even know her mom... Blake wants Taylor to be his best man but he also wants DJ there"

"Did you talk to him about it?"

"No... I gotta focus on finding a dress. I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind"

"It's harder than you think isn't it?"

"Yeah" I chuckle...

"The important thing is that you love it... you're dressing up for yourself and your future husband"

"I know there just so many" I take a sip of water... "Mom?"

"Yeah darling?"

"Has he told you where he's gonna take me?"

"Hey! It's a surprise young lady!" she laughs.

"Babe?" a sleepy Blake enters the kitchen.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone"

"Night... What are you doing here? Come back to bed"

"In a minute, I'm just looking at stuff for the wedding" 

"Hey" I lock the screen of the iPad and grabs me by the waist to pull me up to the island. "No worries tonight babe"

"Okay"

"Now, can we go upstairs and make sweet love? It's been what? 4 months?"

"As much as I love that proposal, we had a long night, you are tired as hell and it's late so let's just go to sleep"

"Well... you do love morning sex so... tomorrow whoever wakes up first gets to wake the other one you know how. And if your not there when I wake up, I'm gonna give you the tease of your life." he smirks.

"You wouldn't"

"Oh well let's find out."

I put my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck so he would take me upstairs.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" he asks.

"Everyday, even when your mad"

"If I ever forget to say it--"

"I'll let you know"

"I want to talk" he says serious.

"About?"

"What I did to you..."

"Blake it was like 6 years ago"

"I know but we always skip that conversation and we're gonna be married soon so I just want to clear things"

"You told me what happened and as upsetting as it is, I forgave you..."

"I should've grown some balls and just..." he looks down.

"Hey" I lift his head "we're together again, that's all that matters"

"If I could take it back--"

"I know"

"I would do anything for you"

"Would you?"

"Hell yeah"

"Would you take off your pants in the middle of a game?"

He chuckles. "Now you're just thinking dirty... You want to have public sex with me?"

"No, you weirdo" I kiss him. "That baby maker is only mine to see"

"Baby maker?" he laughs "You already talking like old folks?"

"You know I've always been an old soul trapped in a young body"

"Oh, then I guess I got a thing for cougars" he bites my bottom lip.

"Mommy? Daddy?" Asher walks in rubbing his eye with one hand and his blanket on the other "I can't sleep"

"Oh, come on bud" I tap the bed and pull the sheet over us as soon as he climbs in and sets himself in the middle of us... A couple of minutes later her drifts off to sleep.

"I love our family" Blake whiseprs as he strokes my hair and looks at me deeply with those brown eyes, showing me how much love he had for me with just one look... I wouldn't change anything in my life, even the fact that he walked out on me... not that I could go through that again...

All in all, we got back into each other's lives and ignited that old spark between us that was never gone... I love him, and I'd do anything for him too.

---------------------------------

Hey guys, I don't usually do this but since I have no idea what dress to choose, I'll leave it to a vote from you guys :D

My favorite so far are 5 and 6 but I think #6 is too luxurious for Gaia's taste... Anyways, cast your votes down below :)