Part 40 (Boy or Girl)

Blake's P.O.V.

"Gaia pregnant" I thought to myself.... After two years of trying... I was so happy I even wanted to cry, but of course I would never do that, I'm a man, we don't cry for that sort of thing...

I finally get another baby with the love of my life. I want her to be careful, we can't go through another miscarriage again... I don't think either of us could bare it.

We've wanted this for so long, since high school we just wanted to get married and have kids and we finally get to have it.

I slept like a baby last night with this great news. And today we get to find out what we're having... Gaia wants another boy, I can tell, but I want a girl... That way we have both.

"Mrs. Griffin?" The nurse called. Mrs. Griffin.... Boy do I love the sound of that.

We get up when we're called and head to the room to find out what we're gonna have.

"Good morning, how are you feeling today?" The doctor asks as she walks in with a smile and shakes our hands.

"We're good" Gaia answers.

"And who's this little fella?" Asher shies away on my shoulder but quickly loses it.

"I'm Asher, my mommy has a baby in her belly" he smiles.

"Yes she does, do you want to see him?"

"How?" He asks curiously "Through her belly button?" We all laugh.

"No sweetie, let me show you" she puts the gel on Gaia's stomach.

"What's that?" Asher asks again...

"It's gel to help us look at your baby brother or sister... Right here, see?" She points at the monitor.

"That's the baby? How does it fit in there?"

"You were in there once honey" Gaia tells him.

"Really? When I was really small like the baby?"

"Yes"

"But then I got big"

"Too fast" Gaia pouts.

"Would you like to know what you're having?" The doctor asks.

"Yes please" I say.

"Okay, let's if he or she lets us see" she keeps turning and turning the monitor so I'm beginning to believe that we won't get to know what the baby's gender's gonna be... "Oh! Here we go... Looks like you're having a baby girl, congratulations"

"Thank you" we both say.

"Is there anything else I can help you with? Any questions?"

"Um, I have a question" I say not knowing how to ask it with Asher there. "Before this baby she had a miscarriage, a doctor told her she couldn't have any kids so of course this is a big deal for us. And I obviously don't want her to do anything that might lead to losing it. So is s-e-x saves for us and the baby?"

"What's s-e-x daddy?"

"Oh uh, it's a bad word buddy, don't repeat it okay?'"

"Okay" we chuckle.

"Yes it's perfectly save, just no rough... you know"

"Got it, thanks" that was a bit awkward..

They whole day we celebrated the news by getting ice cream. Asher kept saying how he wod kick anyone who would hurt his baby sister or mommy. It made us laugh but it also made us think where he could've gotten that from. We have never said or talked about hurting anyone in front of him, or ever...

.....Later at night Gaia and I were in bed watched a movie. She laid back on the bed and I rested my head on her lap as she strokes my hair, just like always, only with a new belly.

"We have to be more careful with the movies we watch around him" Gaia says out of nowhere.

"Who?"

"Asher, who else? Where the hell is he getting kicking people from?"

"Hey, language" I scold her as I turn around. "My baby girl is in there and she can hear you" I kiss her belly, making her chuckle. "I told you it was a girl" I show off.

"Whatever" she says annoyed... "I just want her to be healthy"

"What are we gonna name her?"

"Blake, we literally just found out it's a girl. We have like five more months to think about names"

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm just excited"

"I know, so..."

"So?"

"I was gonna give you some other news but since you decided to knock me up again I don't know what to do"

I laugh. "What were the other news?"

"I was gonna tell you"that... I'm ready"

"Ready for what?"

"To marry you" I was shocked but in a good way. Hearing her say that made my day even better than it already was "At Josh's wedding, the way you looked at me--"

"You saw that?"

"Please, who didn't?"

"It took you all these years to realize how much I love you?"

"No... it took me all these years to stop being afraid of letting you love me"

"Babe..." I get off her lap and lay next to her to face her. I gotta admit that hurt. "You've been hiding that all this time?"

"I'm sorry"

"No I'm sorry... For not showing you how much I love you"

"You did... you weren't the problem, it was me, I'm sorry"

"Hey you're not a problem" I cup her face. "Today is a happy day, we're getting a girl and you finally decided you want to marry me... it's perfect"

"So I was thinking if maybe we should do it now before I get bigger or--"

"No, no. No wedding"

"No wedding?" she looked hurt, like I had taken it back.

"Don't get me wrong, I long for the day I marry you but I don't want you stressing out. It's not good for the baby or you"

"So we wait?"

"We've waited this much, a little more wouldn't hurt.... but you better believe that as soon as you pop out that baby, we're getting married" she starts laughing. "What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, I just imagined that baby actually popping out"

"Oh God, you're such a weirdo" I tickle her a little making mad and laugh at the same time.

"Stop!" she ordered and I do.

"You gonna marry me?" I ask with our lips close to each other.

"Yes" she responds quickly

"You sure?"

"Yes"

"You won't back out this time?"

"Yes-- I mean no!" she laughs.

"I love you" I kiss her lips without letting her say it back. "You're my one and only true love"

She has no idea how much she means to me, but I plan on spending the rest of my life showing her...

--------------------------------------------

Ugh! I'm sorry guys but I just love them so much together! LOL

Anyways, hope you enjoy! And please let me know what you think of the story so far. The feedback keeps me motivated, thank you! :D