Part 26 (Insecure)

Gaia's P.O.V.

It's been an week since our little 'incident'  so far so good, I know it's a bit early but let's hope for the best. I have no problem having another baby with Blake, but I just want to enjoy Asher as much as I can before that time comes... Blake had another game today and I agreed to go but only if he controlled himself. I love to see Blake play so since he agreed to stay under control I agreed to go. I was already good friends with Jada and now with Gloria, Matt's wife... The game wasn't going good, we weren't losing by much and the guys felt pressured... At half-time the guys looked bummed and went to the locker room and I went to the bathroom... I get in a stall and quickly the cheerleader walked in.

Cheerleader #1: "Did you see Blake's biceps?"

Cheerleader #2: "Forget that! Did you see his ass?"

Cheerleader #1: "He's hot from the bottom to the top and front to back"

Cheerleader #3: "God I can't believe she's with that lowlife idiot"

Cheerleader #2: "I know! Did you see what she's wearing?"

Cheerleader #1: "Some jeans and a Clipper t-shit" she scoffs "If I was Blake's woman I would dress up real good for my man"

Cheerleader #3: "She's not even tall"

Cheerleader #1: "You know what? I'm gonna sleep with him. And I'll fuck him so good his eyes will be rolling back."

Cheerleader #2: she laughs "Please! You wish! He only has eyes for that weirdo"

Cheerleader #1: "He won't when he sees all of this naked"

Cheerleader #3: "Yeah, right. Good luck with that."

Cheerleader #1: "You'll see, he'll even want to leave her"

Cheerleader #2: "Daamn girl. Just make sure you invite me to the wedding" they leave laughing. I was locked in the stall just listening to them and I could help but wonder, why he was with me when he could have any girl he wanted. I know we have history, but still....

The rest of the game I was awkward, I constantly say a tall, blonde with big boobs flirting with Blake so I'm guessing that's the one who's gonna take him to the moon and back. When the game was over Blake took his shower and we left. The whole ride back home was quiet, him for his game and me for what I overheard. As soon as we arrive Blake heads upstairs and I go to the kitchen.

"Hey, Asher asleep?" I ask my mom

"Yes, but given the time he's gonna wake up soon. How was the game?"

"They lost.."

"And what's bothering you?"

"Nothing" I lie

"You know I'm your mother, right?" she crosses her arms "I know when you're lying"

I exhale "I overheard some girl talking about how she was gonna make Blake sleep with her"

"Ay mija, you have to be sure about what you have, you can't worry about some pendeja"

"I know but, he's a multi millionaire with a great body and good looks... I can't help but wonder if he's just gonna come in one day and say that he's leaving me for someone else"

"You don't worry about that baby, you focus on your family... Speak of the devil" Asher started to cry.

"Babe?" Blake called from the stairs.

"Coming!... Good night mom"

"Good night, and don't worry" I go upstairs to our bedroom and pick up Asher. I sit on the rocking chair and he quickly latches on.

"Slow down cowboy" I whisper to him. Blake was undressing to get ready for bed, and I could see him looking at me from the mirror.

"You okay?" he asks

"Yeah" I fake a smile.

"You're lying, what happened?"

"God, what is it with you and mom thinking I'm lying?"

"Your mom said it too?" he turns around "Now I know you're lying. Your mom knows you way better than me so... what's going on?"

"Nothing"

"Gaia..." I just stare at him trying to convince him I was okay. "Are you pregnant?"

"No!"

"Did I do something?"

"No, God no"

"Then what is it? Talk to me" he sat in front of me grabbing my free hand. I look to ground before speaking...

"I overheard some cheerleaders, they were into you and I thought 'fine whatever' but then one of them started talking about how she was going to make you sleep with her and I just-- I don't know"

"And what? You think I'm gonna sleep with her?"

"I don't know, I mean they have a point, why would you be with me when you can have a tall skinny ass, blonde cheerleader"

"Are you implying that you're fat?"

"No! I know I'm not fat, but I have curves..."

"And I love those curves... What guy doesn't love curves?"

"And they're right I don't even dress up for your games" I continued the conversation

"And that's why I love you... I don't want you to dress up, you're going to a basketball game Gaia, not to a club to party. You're the most down-to-Earth person I've ever met in my life... The day you wear a dress to a game I'll start to worry" we chuckle... "And besides I don't even like cheerleaders, they're so dramatic"

"It doesn't have to be a cheerleader, it could be anyone... You're gonna have a lot of wealth and  fame and success in your life. Money changes people Blake"

"It's not gonna change me, you wanna know why? 'Cause you're gonne be here to keep me on my feet, I know you're not gonna let me float up to the clouds... Babe I love you, and I asked you to marry me because I love you"

"What if you're having second thoughts?"

"I'm not having second thoughts. I mean it when I say I love you and I want to marry you.... I've meant it since I gave you that dinosaur ring back in high school. You're the one, not some cheerleader or whoever" I don't say anything. He gets closer and cups my face. "Look at this" he looks down at Asher who was still latching and then back at me. "Do you really think I would give this up for some girl?" I knew the fact that he left me when he was in collage was coulding judgement but I just can't shake that feeling off. "I am crazy for you, always have, always will"

"I love you, I'm just scared to get hurt by you again" I whisper to him.

"I knew you didn't get over it"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that"

"We'll talk tomorrow. I'm tired, I'm gonna go to bed" he stands up

"Blake" I call but he goes lay down... After Asher's done eating I take a quick shower and go lay next to Blake.

"Hey... I know I upset you. I didn't mean to make you feel bad but I love you so much that just the thought of being hurt like that again is scary"

"Gaia I don't ever want to hurt you that way again, ever. I do love you too."

"I'm sorry" I whisper

"You don't have to be sorry. You just have to trust me"

"Okay" I do trust him, but some women are vicious. They would do anything to get a guy in bed and men are weak for that sort of thing... I know our love is big, but will it be enought?