Part 62 (Lost)

Gaia's P.O.V.

I run out of that house, upset at life... Why the hell can't I remember them? I can't be around them, they're strangers to me. I feel so awkward around them, I just had to get out... I feel bad just leaving mom and dad like that though...

I walk around the dark streets of L.A., cold and afraid and worst of all.... lost. I ran out wanting to get away for a while. but when I did, I didn't think I was back home in Oklahoma. To add things to the matter, I didn't have my phone and I didn't know anyone's number. Somehow I end up in the city and it was all bright, and very crowded.... I keep on wakling to see if I can find a police station but all I see are bars and clubs and men doing the wolf whistle.

"Woo! Hey baby, you lost?" a man walks to me and I quickly corss the road to try and avoid him, but it doesn't work.

"Please sir, I am not in the mood to be bothered"

"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

"No"

"Yeah I do... you've been on TV or something" he grabs my wrist.

"Hey! Let me go!" I say angry.

"Gaia?" I hear a deep voice calling my name. I thought it was Blake and eve though I wanted to be away from him I was glad her was here... I turn to look for him but see a complete different man.

"Oh my God" I think to myself... kind of fangirling inside.

"Hey, let go of her" he grabs the man by his shirt... he wasn't the scrawny guy he once was in the movies... he was tall and muscly, not as tall as Blake though.

"Geez, chill man" the man lets my wrist free and walks away.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Uh, yeah... I know you?"

"Wow, you really don't remember do you?"

"Sorry" I shrug.

"It's okay. not your fault anyway... How about we introduce ourselves again? My name's Kellan" he extends his arm and I do the same and shake hands.

"Yeah, I know who you are" I blush... "So how do I know you?"

"How do you know me?" he chuckles. "I'm your boyfriend" 

"Boyfriend?!" What?! Great now I'm more confused... "But I thought I was getting married to the basketball--"

"Not really... you were going to leave him"

"Why?"

"How about we go get some ice-cream? I'll tell you all about it"

He gently grabs my hand and takes me to an ice-cream shop, where we order and sit in a table to talk about what he said...

"So. why was I gonna leave him?" I take a bite out of my chocolate ice-cream.

"Well, he... cheated on you... with a girl named Sarah and you left him. We met at a party and we hit it off"

"Why weren't you at the hospital?"

"I did, but he kept me from seeing you... He wants to try and win you back... and I'm pretty sure he's going to use this to his advantage" what an asshole! Using my condition to win me back?! And my parents supporting him?!

"God..." I whisper "My life is such a mess right now, and I literally got out of the hospital a couple of hours ago"

As I take another bite out I notice the engagement ring on my finger and I put my hands under the table to take it off and put it in my pocket.

"So how long have we been going out?" I ask him.

"I couple of months, before the accident of course"

"A couple of months? I have a three-month-old daughter... is she..."

"Mine?" I nod "We don't know... we were hoping"

"Blake said that what happened to me was because we were fighting about some guy, what that you?"

"Yeah, he found out about us and obviously got angry... I'm glad it's all out in the open, but what worries me is that.... I don't know if he's the one who hurt you"

"No, I just stopped breathing" 

"Is that what he told you?"

Yes it is.... could he have hurt me? Every information I've gotten came from Blake, how do I know he's not lying to me?

"I'm so lost... I could've sworn he cared about me"

"He sure made it seem that way for the media... but the things you told me, how he cheated on you, how he told you he didn't want the kids and asked you to abort them... I mean, who does that? You don't say or do that stuff to the person you love... Which is why I asked you to go live with me, and you agreed... You must've told him you were leaving and he lost it."

"I can't go back there... I mean, I'd have to get some stuff but I can't go there alone."

"Where will you go?" he asks me.

I take my time before asking, after all I didn't want to intrude "Is it okay if I stay with you?" I feel embarrased to ask.

"It's better than okay" he grabs my chin and pulls me in for a kiss, a kiss that I don't stop... but it felt so wrong, like his lips weren't a match for mine...

--------------------------------------------------

Holy sh*t trouble is brewing... What do you guys think Blake will do when he finds out about Kellan's scheme???