Part 17 (Gail)

1 week later:

Blake's P.O.V.

It's been a week since we brought Asher home. I'll admit it's not fun waking up in the middle of the night from cries, especially since I need rest for the games. I always check up on him so Gaia can rest, unless it's time to feed of course.

"Hey, you ready for tomorrow?" I ask Gaia.as I walk around eating breakfast real fast.

"We'll see" she answers as she reads the paper and takes a bite from a pancake.

"Okay well, I gotta go I'm late for the game, gimme a kiss" I always make sure I don't leave without kissing her.

"Good luck"

"Thanks, love you!" I say as I walk to the door

"Love you too!"

.......................................

The game went good, we won but I took a hard fall and hurt my back.a bit. No big deal but coach wants me to rest on the next game. But right now I just want to get home to my family.

"Hey, your back okay?" Gaia asked

"Yeah, hurts a little, I'll be okay"

"I know"

"Where's the little guy?"

"Asleep"

"How does he manage to sleep almost all day but decides to wake up in the middle of the night?"

"Maybe it's because he knows it's the only time you can be with him"

"Gaia..."

"I know, I know, it's not gonna be easy"

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay" we were about to kiss until her mom walked through the door.

"Hey mijo, how is your back?" she asked

"It's fine Mrs. K. You excited for tomorrow?"

"What happenes tomorrow?"

"You didn't tell her?" I ask Gaia

"Nope"

"Um... my mom's coming to visit"

"Gail?"

"Yeah, unless there's another mom I don't know about" I whisper so she wouldn't hear, but Gaia did and she shoves me a little.

"Oh, this is going to be perfect!"

"Okay, mom? I'm gonna need to ask you to keep it together okay? For the baby?"

"Sure of course, whatever you say sweetie" she leaves.

"I'm begging to think this was a bad idea" Gaia says

"Let's just see how tomorrow goes"

.....................................

Tomorrow arrives and the doorbell rings, which means my mom was already here. Gaia and I both groan

"Blake, your phone" Gaia says sleepy

"It's the door"

"Oh no, it's too early"

"I know babe, go back to sleep"

"If they'll let me" she groans. I get up from bed and go downstairs to open the door.

"Mom, hey!"

"Hi sweetie!" we greet each other with a hug "I missed you!"

"Me too"

"So where's my little pumpkin at?"

"He's sleeping mom, he'll wake up soon"

"Okay, where's Gaia?"

"Sleeping"

"Oh, like mother like son huh?"

"Yeah" I chuckle. "Did you have breakfast?"

"Yes, I ate at the airport"

"Gail?"

"Camila!"

"It's been so long, how are you?" my mom and Gaia's hug each other

"I'm great how are you? Look at you you're glowing"

"Well, I'm a brand new grandma"

"It's a weird feeling isn't it?"

"Yes"

"Hey Gail" Gaia greeted as she entered the kitchen

"Gaia, how's mother hood treating you?"

"Great, never been happier"

"So when are you getting married?"

"Mom" I say hoping she wouldn't say anything else

"What? You already have a kid together"

"We're not ready" I was, but Gaia wasn't I don't know why....

____________________o_____________________

Gaia's P.O.V.

I knew the questions were gonna come. I know Blake wanted to but the truth is, we're still young and I'm afraid he'll leave like he did when he was in college. We talk for a while and I eat breakfast, when I'm done I go get Asher who we heard crying on the baby monitor. I feed him before taking him down to Gail, she started to cry when she saw him.

"You okay mom?" Blake asked

"Yeah, it's just-- I'm a grandma" she smiles "Look at him, he's so cute. He kind of looks like you when you were a baby" she looks at Blake smiling.

She looked really happy, the rest of the day all she did was talk about him, she ended up giving him a bath and telling stories about Blake and Taylor when they were kids. It all seem to be going good, now we'll just have to see if it lasts...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I hope you all have a great school year, or collage!! Have a great one!! :)