Part 88 (We Need a Name)

Gaia's P.O.V.

A month passed flying my belly popped out and we only had a few weeks before my appointment. I acted like I was excited. And I was, really! But I was also scared. I was preparing dinner with mom while Blake played in the pool with the kids.

"He looks sad." Mom says.

"Who?"

"Blake... He's trying to hide but you can notice."

"Yeah, he's been like that for a while."

"When are you gonna stop torturing the man? It's been a month, it isn't fair to him."

"I know, we need to start looking for names. I don't want the whole Penelope thing to happen again. I still don't think he likes the name."

"Hey." He walks in with the kids.

"Hi." He kisses my belly and the me. "So, am I gonna need to buy 2 shotguns anytime soon?"

"Nice try, you're not gonna get me."

"Nothing gets by you... I'm gonna go take a shower, wanna help with the kids?"

"Of course. Come on, baby." I grab Penelope. "Did you have fun with daddy at the pool?"

As Blake takes a shower, I give a bath to the kids.

"When is the baby gonna come out of your belly?" Asher asks.

"Soon, honey. You know, you were once in here too."

"Really? But I don't fit in there."

"You did once, you were really small. Now you're getting bigger, makes me sad. You're growing up too fast."

"Don't be sad mommy. I can still be a baby."

"Oh." I chuckle. "You'll always be my baby. No matter how big you get."

"Even if I get as big as daddy?"

"Even if you're as big as daddy... I'll always love you." Tears form up as I imagine not being here soon.

"All right, stay here while I dry your sister."

"Okay."

"Yeah, I got him." Blake says, stepping out of the shower. We dry them off, and get them ready for their naps. We put them in their room and then head back to ours.

"Hey... We need to talk about this, Gaia."

"About what?"

"About the baby. I know it's payback or whatever... but I don't think I can endure this anymore."

"Yeah, I know. We need to start looking for names too... I was thinking something like Kal-El."

"We are not naming him after Superman. Wait... that's a boys name."

"Oh shoot, I guess so." I pretend I spilled the beans.

"We're having another boy?" He laughs and kisses me.

"Yeah." I chuckle. I was happy seeing his excitement.

"I love you."

"I love you too. No one else knows."

"You haven't told your mom?"

"I wanted you to be the first— well, second one to know. You're his father, we're the first ones that need to know."

"Thank you."

"So you want to go tell them now? Mom's dying to know."

"We'll tell them at dinner. Let's just worry about naming him now. I want to enjoy this moment that's mine right now. Ours.."

"Okay."

"A boy." He exhales.

"Yes, so no need for two shotguns."

"Just the one. You know, we don't have a good record with names. First Asher, then Pen, but I think this one will be easier."

"I hope so."

____________O____________

Blake's P.O.V.

I was so happy and grateful that Gaia finally told me the sex of the baby, I couldn't even hide it. I felt like a little kid when he gets the toy he's always wanted. We were all sitting at the dinner table, we already chose a name and we were ready to tell the rest of the family.

"So we have some news." I say. I look at Gaia to make sure she was okay with it.

"Go ahead." She whispers.

"We're having a boy."

"Another boy?! Oh, I'm so happy." Mrs. K. says

"Congratulations." Says Mr. K.

"Thanks dad."

"Let's hope he gets my good looks." He jokes.

"You hear that Asher?" Gaia asks.

"What?"

"You're having a baby brother."

"Yay!! Just what I wanted!"

"We're naming him... Theo."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Yeah, it means "Divine Gift" I know some of you might not see this as a gift because I might you-know-what but... he's my gift."

"Oh sweetheart, every child is a gift. No matter what."

"I know."

"Let's just enjoy these news. Have a nice family dinner." Mrs. K. finishes. I won't lie, I'm scared to death. Then again, who wouldn't be...

____________O____________

Gaia's P.O.V.

Six Weeks Later:

I was lying in bed as memories rush through my head. Tomorrow's the big day, I really hope everything goes well. I think about all the good thing and bed things that have happened in my life. My beautiful kids, and my wonderful husband. Seriously I couldn't have asked for a better life...

"You okay?" Blake asks, wrapping his arm around me.

"Nervous. I can't sleep."

"Me neither... You know I love you, right? Forever."

"I know, I love you too."

"Don't ask me to find another woman if something happens."

"Blake—"

"Don't... I can't."

"I don't doubt it'll be hard at first. But eventually you'll move on."

He huffs. "Move on? Gaia, you're my wife, you're the reason I wake up everyday. If you die, my world dies with you... I'll never move on."

I turn around to face him. "Make love to me."

"What? Is that recommendable?"

"Well, I only have 7 months so technically yes."

"Still, are you sure?"

I nod. "Yeah... This might be the last time we get to make love." Without thinking about it twice, he immediately kisses me and we make sweet love probably for the last time...

————————————————————————-

So, next chapter's the big day... What do you think will happen? Good news? Or Bad news?