Part 59 (Here)

"Gaia?" I whisper. This has got to be it, this has to be good enough to stop them from disconnecting her! "Mrs. K! Mrs.!" I run through the hall to the waiting room. "She's still here"

"She woke up?" she jumps from he seat.

"No but, I was saying goodbye and she shed a tear. That means she's still there" I said excitedly... I'll admit I was afraid she'd think I was lying, but the smile on my face said different,

"Oh my God" she rushes to the room.

............

"Her pupils are back to normal" the doctor says as she point the flashlight in Gaia's eyes, examining them. "This is very good news" she turns to us. "Whatever you said to her brought her halfway here"

"So what does this mean?" George asks.

"Well it means she gets to stay, but we still don't when she'll wake or if the situation gets worse. This is good news but it doesn't mean she's out of danger... she could fall back into a deep coma again. For now it means she might hear you, which of course is a progress"

"Thank you" George shakes her hand. I step outside to take some fresh air, I was happy but also worried, I didn't want her going back again...

"Blake?" I her Mrs. K. behind me and when I turn around to face her, she was crying.

"Is everything okay?" she hugged me.

"Thank you... if you hadn't stopped me she'd be dead" she cried on me.

I didn't even know how to respond... I had no words. I mean, what would've happened if I hadn't walked into that room in that exact moment? We would've been miserable...

"No problem, let's just focus on her waking up now" I tell her "I should give Asher the good news" 

"Yes you should... I'll keep you posted"

"Thanks"

I get in my car and go on home to give my mom and Asher the good news. It wasn't the best news but it was something.... better than nothing.

"Mom?" I find her in the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Hey, you okay?" she walked towards me to give me a huge hug to console me.

"I'm better than okay"

"You made your peace with it?"

"She's back"

"Oh my Lord! Honey that's wonderful!" she yelled of excitement.

"She's not actually awake yet... she's just back"

"Well that's better than nothing"

"I know, but she's not out of the woods yet. But I know she'll pull through. Is Asher upstairs?"

"In his playroom"

I really don't know how to explain this one... "Hey buddy"

"Hey daddy!" he smiles. "Is mommy awake yet?" he asked me that every single day and it broke my heart.

"That's what I want to talk to you about"

"She's awake?!! Is she coming home?!!" he sys jumping up and down.

"Not yet, but she's resting now, getting her strength so she might wake up soon"

"That's the bestest news ever"

I chuckle when he saya bestest "How do you even know that word?"

"I don't know" he shrugs.

"Okay buddy, I'm gonna visit mommy again so be good for grandma, okay?"

"Okay... daddy?"

"Yeah bud?"

"If mommy wakes up, can you tell her I miss her and love her very much?"

"I sure will... I love you" I hug him goodbye.

"Me too"

......................

I decide to spend the night at the hospital looking after Gaia... I didn't care for the fact that it was my birthday. Everybody sent me texts but truthfully I just ignored them... I had something more precious instead... a chance of getting the woman I love back.

I didn't sleep anything I just think about what would've happened, and what will happen. Like. what was I gonna tell Asher if she had died? How was I supposed to crumble his little world?

I smile to myself as I stroke her hand in this cold night, thinking about how she'd be complaining about the cold and how she was freezing... As I keep on stroking I feel a stoke on my hand back. I quickly lift my head up...

"Gaia?" she flutters her eyes with a frown of concern... I stand up and run to the door and yell for the doctor...

"Miss Kurkova?" she started to panic because of the tube down her throat "You're okay, I need you to cough as hard as you can" she coughs and coughs until the tube is out. "All right, take a deep breath... Do you know where you are?"

"A hospital, obviosly" she answers with a little bit of attitude and a sore voice.

"Do you remember what happened?" 

"No..." she says with a more kind vibe. "Where are my parents?"

"They're right outside"

"Hey, I'm right here" I say getting closer to her, waiting for her to gaze her eyes upon me and tell me that she loves me...

"What are you doing here?" she looked confused. "And why do you look bigger and older?"

"What?" 

"Oh, boy" the doctor says

"Oh boy? What oh boy?" I ask her.

"Miss Kurkova, can you tell what month we're in?"

"Uh... I don't know... beginning of September?"

"So she's a little behind, that's normal, right?" I ask worried.

"I'm sorry, I still don't know why you're here" Gaia says to me again.

"Of what year?"

"2005?.........."

-------------------------------------------------

Oh sh****t

So what do you guys think is gonna happen? Blake got from one obstacle to another...