Part 89 (This Is It)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Today was the day. The day little Theo was coming to this world... hopefully.

"You ready?" Blake asks.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go say bye to the kids." I leave the room and head downstairs to the living room where the kids were watching cartoons with mom and dad.

"Hey, peanut." I rub Asher's back.

"Hi, mommy."

"I'm gonna be gone for a while, okay? You and Penelope are gonna stay with grandma and grandpa."

"Are you gonna have my little brother?"

"Yes... Hey, if I go to heaven, you have to promise me you'll look after them, okay?"

"But if you go to heaven, I won't see you again... I don't want you to go to heaven."

"I know, sweetie." My eyes water. "It's just maybe. Just behave with grandma and grandpa."

"Okay."

"I love you." I give him a big hug and a big kiss on his cheek. I go to Penelope, who was in her crib, already standing. I can't believe I might miss this... "Hi, honey... God, how I wish you could understand me." I smile at her and she smiles back. "You and your brothers are the best things that ever happened to me. I love you, baby girl." I kiss her forehead. And last, but definitely not the least... my parents, who gave me life and raised me and have always been there for me. "I love you guys." I cry and hug them.

"Oh, you'll be fine, mija. You'll see."

"I know, I'm just scared for him."

"I'm glad to have raised such a strong and brave woman." My dad says.

"Thanks, dad... Please take care of them."

"You know we will... No go and bring us little Theo." I say my good byes and go.

Blake was waiting for me at the door.

"Let's go have a baby." I tell him.

"Mommy wait!" Asher yells. "Here." He hands me a bunny teddy bear.

"What's this?"

"Is to protect you."

"Thank you, baby." I hug.

"I love you, mommy."

"I love you too." I kiss him once more, and let him go.

After a few hours they finally take us to our room. Where we wait for more hours... again! I start pacing around the room and look out the window to the sky, holding the bunny Asher gave me. It was a beautiful day.

"You okay?" Blake asks.

"Yeah... No. I'm scared that he won't make it."

"He'll make it, you both will." He says cupping my face.

"I want to give you something." I go to my bag and take out the letters.

"Gaia, I don't need this."

"Just in case."

"You know how much I hate them."

"I know. But please, take them." He takes them and places the next to his sweater.

"Mrs. Griffin?" The doctor walks in.

"Yes?"

"You ready to have this baby?"

"Yes."

"Alright, let's get you to the bed so we can put on the anesthesia." I walk to the bed and sit down.