Part 21 (Unexpected Proposal)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Blake wasn't kidding when he said we were going somewhere fancy. The restaurant was fabulous, not really my style but it was what he wanted. When we arrive he opens both the car door and the restaurant door for me.

"Mr. and Mrs. Griffin, it's a pleasure" the waitress shakes our hands. She was pretty, tall, red hair, probably in her 30's  "Right this way please" she leads us to our table. "My name is Lisa, and I'll be your waitress for the evening" she placed the menus on the table as she introduced herself.

"Thank you" I say and she leaves us while we choose "Mrs. Griffin?" I ask Blake.

"What? You're gonna have the title soon"

"Right" I chuckle

"Five years ago, would you imagine us here?"

"Maybe... but not with a baby"

"Yeah, my bad. But I'm glad it broke"

"Yes, I know. You've told me like 50 time" we laugh but Blake keeps smiling "What?"

"You remember our first date?" he asks

I laugh "I do... it was awkward"

"Yeah. I didn't know if I should've held your hand or do the classic move to yawn and put my arm on your shoulder, or if I should've kissed you on the first date"

I bite my bottom lip while I smiled as the memories came back "It was perfect"

"It was a movie theater"

"It was perfect" I correct him "We were 18 and 16, where else were we supposed to go?"

"Yeah you're right. I mean I could go wherever I wanted, even watch a rated R movie but you, you had to stay on PG-13" he teased

"Oh, shut up"

"Are you two love birds ready to order?" Lisa asked

"Yes" I say

"I'll have the lobster... and she'll have the penne pasta with alfredo sauce"

"Oh, already ordering for the wife?" she asks

"It's not that hard, it's the only thing she eats" all three of us laugh

"Thank you" Blake and I say as we hand her the menus back.

"Oh no way! You're Blake Griffin!" a boy says as he walked toward our table.

"Carter!" his mom grabs his hand "I'm so sorry to disturb you like this"

"No it's okay" Blake says, they talk for a few seconds and Blake take a picture with the boy

"Thank you, enjoy your evening" the mom says

"Bye Blake, I hope to see you soon" the boy waves

"Bye" Blake answers back. I stare at him with my hands clasped under my chin. "What?" he asks

"Nothing... Do you think you'll ever get used to it?"

"Used to what?"

"People swarming you for pictures and autographs?"

"Maybe with time"

"I know I'll never get used to it" I take a sip of wine

"You're afraid some girl's gonna come up and start hitting on me"

"Oh I know someone's gonaa hit on you... probably more than one"

"Babe" he grabs my hand above the table "I love you. You were there for me from the start. You think I'm gonna leave you for some girl that's gonna be after my money?"

"You're a guy"

"This was supposed to be a relaxing date"

"I'm sorry" I look down and then back at him "I just-- I love you too much to be hurt that way"

He leans over the table a little and caresses my cheek "I'm not gonna hurt you, ever". A couple of minutes after Lisa arrives with our dinner and we dig in. When we're done he leaves a good tip and we head back to the car. "You know we still have about an hour left until he's hungry again" Blake said as we walked to the car

"I know, but I miss him already" I say as we swing our hands like the kids we once were.

"Yeah, I know. Imagine how I felt that whole week without you guys... You know, I don't remember you being a hobbit" he teased

I gasp "Excuse me, I'm perfectly normal, the only freak here is you" I teased back "And I'm not that small, it's not like I'm only up to your waist" I only reached to his shoulder so I wasn't that small.

He laughs "Come on let's take a walk, this is the last hour we have to ourselves"

"Then why don't sneak inside the house and use that hour for something else" I whisper on his ear

"Oh I like that idea better" we drive back home and silently go to our room. We start to kiss passionately and take off our clothes, but leave the underwear on. Blake grabs my butt and picks me up, taking me to the bed but as soon as he was about to go in my phone starts to ring. "No, no leave it" Blake begged.

"It's my mom" I had to pick up "Hello?"

"Honey where are you? Asher's hungry"

"He still has half an hour... I'll be right down"

"You're here already?"

"Yeah I'm just changing" I hang up the phone and look at Blake "Sorry"

"Yeah, to be continued..." he said and I get up to change into some PJ's to go feed Asher... After I do I was so tired I went to sleep while Blake took a shower...

............................

Next morning I wake up with the sun on my face. I squint a little as I let my eyes adjust to light. As soon as I have them fully opened I noticed a ring on my finger. Instantly a smiled creeped out, I go brush my teeth quickly and go downstairs questioning why the house was so silent. I smell food so I head to the kitchen and I see Blake making pancakes.

"Morning beautiful" he said ina cheesy way.

"Morning. You know I woke up with soemthing unusual on my hand" I walk to him and wraped my arms around his neck.

"Yeah? What's that?" I show him my hand "Oh right, sorry I must have dreamed I was putting it on Megan Fox" I shove him a little.

"Where are our moms and Asher?" I asked as I searched the kitchen with my eyes.

"They went out" Blake whispers

"Well then maybe we should finish what we started last night" I bite my bottom lip.

"We should" he kisses me and picks me up "And you should also enjoy your last days as Miss Kurkova 'cause you're gonna be Mrs. Griffin soon" I laugh. We head to the bedroom and continue what was going to happen last night. It's uncommon the way he 'proposed' but I loved it. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way...