Part 80 (What A Mess)

Blake's P.O.V.

I go the next day I go to the cementary again, as if I could see her. I had never been so angry at life before. This isn't fair... Why did she have to go?

I've been sucking at basketball, can't even get a dunk right. I'll be out of a job for sure soon. But how can I concentrate when I just lost one of the reasons I live for? I want to just give up on basketball but I know she wouldn't want me to and I don't want to disappoint her... After practice I go visit her again.

"Why'd you leave me? You promised me you were gonna be okay. I'm so scared I'm not gonna love the baby, that I'll just hate it for bringing you to your death. I haven't even seen it yet..."

"Blake?" a girl calls from behind me.

"Sarah? What are you doing here?"

"I heard about your wife's death... Sorry."

"Thanks, you here on vacation?"

"Yeah, I'm here for a week... Want to get some coffee?"

I was about to say yes, but then I remember Gaia asking me not to marry her so I'll just keep a distance. Not that she's marriage material anyway... "How'd you know I was here?"

"Jordan told me."

"Right. Um, listen I gotta go."

"Yeah, sure. If you need anything, I'll be around."

"Thanks." I quickly leave.

I go to bed and start having nightmares about Gaia...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gaia!" I cry out.

"What?! What is it? What's wrong?" She asks desperately, waking me up.

"You-- you're alive?"

"What? Yes, I'm okay." I lay on her chest, hugging her. "It was just a nightmare." I don't let go, it felt too real. "I'm okay, I'm here."

"I can't do this."

"Do what?"

"Lose you." I look up at her.

"You're not."

"That's the thing, baby. You don't know that." She kisses me. My heart was still beating like hell because of that nightmare, it was too real for me... The next day DJ invited us for a BBQ and we agreed. We haven't told anyone that Gaia's pregnant again, we don't want people all up in our business.

We acted like everything was okay, and it was but I just wanted to be home with her. Just us and the kids, but she wanted to get her mind off everything so we came. When we arrive we go our separate ways, she goes with the girls and I meet up with the guys... After a while I notice a blonde walking in, and it was none other than Sarah. Why the hell do I dream about her and now she's here?

"Yo man, you invited Sarah?" I ask DJ.

"Who the hell's Sarah?" I point at her making sure she doesn't see me. "I think she came with Ashlee, isn't she the who grabbed--"

"Yeah."

"Huh, you better make sure Gaia doesn't see her, man."

"I know, shit!" Thank God DJ's house is big and the girls are on the other side...

I quickly go inside to get another drink, I'm gonna need one and when I turn around Sarah's just standing there...

"Hey stranger."

"Sarah, how are you?"

"Great now, what have you been up to?" She asks with a smirk.

"Um, I'm married now."