Part 74 (Never Let Me Go)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Yesterday was great and beautiful, Blake really outdid himself. But I can't help but think that I saw Kellan there. I want to tell Blake but I'm not sure if it was really him and everything is too perfect. I don't want Blake getting upset for something that might not be true.

I sat on the balcony gazing upon the beauty of Greece, analizing everything.

"Hey babe." Blake steps out and kisses my cheek.

"Hi." I give him a smile. "I gotta say, you really surprised me last night... thank you." I lean my head back so he'd kiss me.

"Anything for you."

"So what are we doing today?"

"How about we just walk around? Explore..."

"Sounds fun... Can I ask you something? And please don't take it the wrong way." We walk back inside.

He chuckles. "What?"

"How long are we here for?"

"Bored already?"

"Oh, no. God, no.... I just miss the kids."

"I know, I miss them too. But think about it this way... We won't have a moment like this anytime soon."

"True." I laugh as he throws me in the bed and climbs on top of me.

"I love you." He whispers.

"Oh, do you?" I tease.

"Did you ever think this was gonna happen?"

"No."

"You always said I was gonna leave you what I got in the NBA."

"And you did."

"Don't remind me of the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life."

"Right..."

"I mean it... Getting you back was the best thing I ever did. You gave me two kids and love and happiness."

"Jerk." I chuckle.

"Jerk.? Why jerk?"

"Cause I didn't want to fall for you again."

"Well lucky for you, you did." I sit up when he says that.

"You know I don't want you for your money."

"I know, it was a joke." He looks down at my neck and notices my necklace. "You still have this?" He grabs the necklace that had the dinosaur ring he gave me years ago...

"I'm never gonna take it off. Had to put it in a necklace since... it was replaced by someting else." I smile showing him the wedding ring. "It's very special to me."

"I know... You know I meant it when I asked you to marry me back then, right?"

"I like to believe so." He kisses me. "We were young, Blake."

"You were young."

"We're only two years apart." I laugh.

"You better never take this off."

"Well, only when we make love."

"Deal... now let's go eat." He pats my butt and he starts to get dressed.

********************************

We head out for lunch and I must say the food was delicious. I still wanted to tell him about Kellan, but how can I ruin his happiness?

After we eat we go for a walk until the sunset reaches. We end up walking on the beach and we hear a band playing in the distance... Blake stops and pulls me to him. He puts his hands around my waist and I put mine around his neck as we begin to slow dance.

"I wish we could stay here forever. Just like this." I feel so safe with him, I never want to let go... I look up at him with a soft smile and teary eyes. 

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong... everything's perfect."

"Why are you tearing up then?"

"Because no matter how many times I say that I love you, I feel like it's not enough."

"I feel the same way, but I know you love me... and that's enough for me. I just hope you know how much I love you and how much you mean to me."

"I do... You stayed by my side those months I wasn't... here. We're made our mistakes along the way but we stayed together. And know you're not perfect, and I don't expect you to get everything right... just never let me go." I lay my head on his chest.

"I would never dream of it." He kisses the top of my head.

"With that being said, I need to tell you something... Remember the roses yesterday?"

"Yeah?"

"Well... last night, I'm not sure, but I think I might've.... knocked them down and spilled water on the rug."

"Babe it's fine."

"Right... Can we go back? It's getting cold."

"Sure, come on."

15 minutes later we arrive at the hotel. As we walk into the elevator I remembered I let my phone in the taxi cab.

"Oh! I forgot my phone. I'll meet you upstairs."

"Okay."

I step out and run to the cab before the man leaves.

"Excuse me! Sir?! I left my phone in there." The man hands me the phone and I thank him. 

As I walk back inside I bump into someone... Not just someone... Motherfucking Kellan.

"Oh no. No, no, no! What the hell are you doing here?!!" I freak out.

"I came to visit Greece."

"You cannot be serious! I swear Kellan."

"What?"

"If Blake sees you, he'll kill you... You followed me?!!"

"Look calm down. This was literally a coincidence, okay?"

"Were the roses a coincidence too?"

"No, I saw you walking around here and I asked for them to send them."

"Stay away from me. I mean it."

"Can't make any promises... Tell Blake I said hi." He walks away.

Shit! He's actually here! What am I gonna do? I can't ruin this trip by telling Kellan's here... I won't say anything. I mean, who knows? Maybe they won't even run into each other... Hopefully...

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! The YouTube video is the song they slow dance to. Also, I feel and know that in this story I've talked many times about the dinosaur ring Blake gave to Gaia so I wanted to show you guys and uploaded it so you could finally see it.

Anyways, what do you think Gaia should do about the whole Kellan thing? We know she doesn't want to upset Blake but, should she tell him?