Part 85 (Letters)

Gaia's P.O.V.

"What do you mean you need him to hate you?" Mom asks.

"For when the time comes... If I die I want him to hate me, so he doesn't miss me."

"Gaia! What has gotten into you?! You love that man, how can you make him hate you? How can you do that to him?"

"It's the only way mom, I don't want him to suffer for the rest of his life."

"Don't think like that. He loves you."

"I know... But if he still loves me by the end of this he'll blame himself forever, and I don't want that."

"Gaia, there are better ways. I know you love him too much to make him go through all that pain..."

____________O_____________

Blake's P.O.V.

We won the game, but even though we did and G and I were in calm waters, I was still a bit mad at her for not telling me the truth and let's not mention the whole Kellan thing. I'm pretty sure she's still mad about the whole Sarah thing too.

"Hey, BG! You coming to celebrate?" DJ asks.

"Nah, man. Still have some unfinished business with the wife."

"Damn, well best of luck to you. I'll see you at the funeral."

"What funeral?" I ask mad thinking he was joking about Gaia.

"Yours, man."

"Right..."

"Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I know. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Sure. Just take it easy on her man." We shake hands and leave. As a walk to my car, the worst thing happens..

"Hey, big boy." I already knew that voice. "Nice game today, you looked so hot." Sarah walked behind me.

"Stop, okay? Stop trying to ruin my life."

"Your life's already ruined, darling."

"It will if you stay in it. So take a hint Sarah, I DON'T WANT YOU. I never have, and I never will."

"Did she lose the baby?"

"What did you just say?"

"I'm just asking if the baby's still there."

"Yes, it's still there. Now go try to ruin some asshole's life. Stay out of mine."

"You loved me once."

"You really are insane. We dated for like a week. We never even slept together, and you go on and tell my wife you were pregnant? You need help, Sarah." I walk away and drive home.

It was really quite when I got home, so I'm guessing they're all asleep. I check on the kids and then on Gaia, but she wasn't in our room. I was hoping Mrs. K. was awake so she could tell me, but she wasn't around. I start looking in all the rooms until eventually I find her. She had fallen asleep, writing... I can only imagine what... I pick her up and take her to our room, I place her on the bed and cover her so she wouldn't get cold. Afterwards I go back to where she was and start reading the letters.

Some of the where sealed already so I didn't want to open them. All of them started with "Open when..." the other ones were for the kids and one for me. The one for me was the one she fell asleep writing so I decide to read it since it was just there out in the open:

"I'm sorry I fought with you these past couple of months, I'm sorry I never got to be the wife I was supposed to be... But I just needed you to hate me for this exact moment. I needed you to want me gone, it was the only way I thought I could ease your pain... But I guess writing this confession will make it even harder, but I couldn't keep this a secret after I'm gone... It feels like déjà vu, doesn't it?