Part 67 (Unexpected Surprise)

Blake's P.O.V.

I think I overdid it last night with Kellan... Gaia's right it's not worth it going to jail for that bastard. The Espys are tonight and I wasn't planning on going but since Gaia got her memory back we could make it a date.

"Hey" I knock lightly on our door as Asher jumped around in our bed and she caressed Penelope.

"Easy, you're gonna fall" she chuckles. "Hi" her attention goes to me. "What's up?"

"Need to ask you something"

"Then ask" I hesitate a little "Blake... it's me"

"I know it's just... hard to believe" I go sit next to her.

"Daddy look!" Asher does a somersault on the bed.

"Careful, hey go downstairs with your grandpa" Gaia says. "So, what were you gonna ask?"

"The ESPYS are tonight and I was wondering... if you'd be my date"

"Why would you need to ask that?"

"Well with last night and everything that's been going on, I wasn't sure if you were up for it"

"I think it's a good idea, it'll be good to get distracted a little"

"Great, I'll tell your mom and dad"

..................

Night came and we were getting ready to leave.

"Babe?" I call for Gaia.

"Yeah?" she steps out of the bathroom putting on her earings.

"Whoa" she looks hot "Uh, a little help?" I give up trying to tie up my tie.

"Are you ever gonna learn how to tie this?" she walks to me and grabs the tie.

"Why learn when I have you?"

"Well you never know... What if I wasn't here right now?"

"Hey, don't talk like that"

"I'm sorry..." I try to kiss her but she turns her head, since she told me about Kellan she's tried not to kiss me.

"Hey" I grab her chin and make her look up at me. "It happened... you don't mean any less to me because of it"

"How can you forgive me?" she said with teary eyes.

"Babe, don't cry, you're gonna ruin your make-up" I wipe away her tear. "I forgave you because I love you, and it's not your fault, you didn't know... he took advantage of you"

"You know, when he kissed me, it felt so wrong. But that night when you kissed me, even though I didn't remember you, it felt so right" I felt a bit cocky hearing that "I love you" she whispers and I pull her in for the kiss. One she doesn't fight me on this time.

"You know we could skip the ESPYS"

"No, we should go"

"Yeah... By the way, I got a surprise for you tonight" I smile.

"What?" she chuckes.

"It's a surprise, I can't tell you"

"Right... You know I don't like surprises"

"Oh, I think you're gonna like this one"

....................

We head over to the ESPYS and we had a good time. Just like last time, all eyes were on her... But she laughed, and she was happy, which made me happy. We were invited to an after party, but Gaia being Gaia...

"I don't feel like it, I just want to go home"

"I know" I kiss the top of her head.

The party wasn't in my plans, I had a surprise for her after all so we go back home...

"Why is it so dark? There's no way they all went to sleep already"

"Well it is late babe... come on" I grab her hand and lead her to the living room.

"Why are we going to the living room?"

"To your surprise"

"Oh God, there's not gonna be people, right?"

"Relax" I chuckle and turn on the light. Her mom set the whole place up, dinner on the table with petals of roses on the floor, kind of cheesy for us but what the hell.

"What is this?" she smiled stepping in front of me and that's when I took my chance and got in one knee. I was so nervous and I didn't know why, I've known her for years...

"Something that's been long overdue..." she turns around and I take out a small box and open it.

"Oh my God, what are you..."

"Gaia Kurkova.... would you please do me the honor of finally becoming my wife?" without her giving an answer I start putting on the ring on her finger, where she still had the last one. When I do she intertwines her fingers with mine.

"Yes" she chuckle. "A million times yes"

"Yeah?" I stand up and pick her up and kiss her. "But can it happen now? Because I can't wait another month"

"Deal... but you didn't have to buy another ring"

"I know... but I saw it and I instantly knew you'd love it so... I just bought it" I kiss her again. "You deserve that and so much more"

She does deserve so much more... We've been waiting to get married for years and I can barely wait anymore... The day will come and I'm making sure nothing ruins it this time...

------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? Was this nice of Blake? Gotta keep the flame going!❤️