Part 53 (Afraid)

WARNING!! Rated R!

Gaia's P.O.V.

Last night was great, it's been a while since I let him touch me but I warmed up to him, I always do. The way he can breaks me out of my shell is so scaring to me. Once I build up the walls I never let anyone in, but he always tears them down.

I wake up in the middle of the night to an empty bed. I look around the room but he wasn't there. I was fully naked so I grab the sheets to cover myself to look for him.

I search around the dark house but he's nowhere to be found. I decide to go upstairs to get my phone and call him but as I pass the backyard's french doors I notice him outside.

"Blake? What are you doing? Come back to bed" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"I'm sorry baby, did I wake you?"

"No, come back inside, it's cold out here"

"I'll be there in a second"

"What's on your mind?" I get behind him and kiss his bare back.

"You" he turns around.

"Why?"

"Are you naked under there?"

I chuckle. "Yes and I'm freezing, can we go inside please?"

"Yeah"

We go back to bed and cuddle so I could be warm again. I con notice he was worried about something, but I didn't know what.

"What's in your head that makes you go outside in the middle of the night?"

"I'm just worried about you"

"Why? You don't have to worry about me" I say resting my head on his chest and he wraps his arm around me, placing his hand on my hip.

"But I do... every day..... You always creep into my mind and I worry, about you. What you've been up to, what you're thinking, and how you're feeling. How I could help if you'd just let me...We could make it together, we could be there for each other. I want to be that man, for you... But I fear that's no longer my place. That I'm not good enough, which scares me."

"Blake..." I sit up and turn half way to face him... my heart was pounding so hard I felt it was gonna come out of my chest,

"I'm usually so confident with most of everything but when it comes to you, it just crumbles away... I'm scared that a better looking guy will come along, or somebody else from your past and that you'll be gone. I hate worrying, but I'm scared"

"Stop, you're not gonna lose me... Is this about the party? Because the point was to make them jealous, not you."

"I know, but how do you know that? How do you know you're not just going--"

"Stop, stop! Shut up" I kiss him to make him stop talking. "Don't think like that" I whisper on his lips.

"I can't lose you, I can't" he gives me a peck on the left side of the corner of my bottom lip, he seems to be doing that a whole lot ever since we got back together...

"Why do you always kiss me there?"

"After almost four years you ask me?" he caresses that same spot. "You don't remember do you?"

"Remember what?"

"A woman's face is made for a man to caress it, or kiss it... it's not made for hitting" I frown in confusion. "That was the first time I saw you hurt, and I was gonna make damn sure it was the last."