Part 61 (Strangers)

Gaia's P.O.V.

"I'm guessing we have a lot to talk about..."

"Yeah. we do" I go sit next to her "How are you feeling?"

"Horrible" I shake my head lightly, but not giving him any eye contact... I couldn't look at him in the eye... a stranger knowing more about me than myself... "Ten years just... wiped out of my head" I tear falls from her eye.

"Hey" I wipe it away "You're alive, that's all that matters right now"

"I guess"

"So... What do you want to ask?"

"I don't know... I mean, where do I even start?" he gave me time to get my head together... "How old are you?"  she asks.

"25... sorry 26" he corrects himself.

"25 or 26?"

"26... it was my birthday yesterday"

"God, I'm sorry it must've been the worst birthday ever... and it's all my fault"

"Actually... you couldn't be more wrong... You woke up, and that's the second best gift I've ever gotten"

"What's the first?" she asks confused.

"Christmas Eve... we were kind of in the same situation when you gave birth to Penelope"

"Right... the baby... How many are there again?"

"Two" 

"Jesus, I'm sorry it's just so much to take in"

"We can take it easy..."

"No, I want to be blunt about it... about everything"

"Are you sure? The doctor said to take it easy"  

I guess it would be weird to hear him say personal thing about me... "Okay" I agree "So... is it okay if I go back to Oklahoma with my parents?"

"Um, I guess that's up to you but, don't you want to try and remember?"

"Well yeah but not in a strangers house... I wouldn't be comfortable" 

"You're not gonna be alone with me... Your parents will be there and I'll stay in another room. Just please give it a chance"

"Okay Miss Kurkova, ready to go home?" the doctor walks in.

"I guess"

"All right, I just need you to sign here" she gives the discharge papers and a pen for me to sign. As soon as I do she steps out but advices me to be careful when I walk for my legs are going to be weak. I was in a come for four months after all... But that doesn't mean my legs won't work "Pff yeah, right" I think to myself...

I sit on the side of the bed so I could get dressed, and as soon as I stand, my legs fail me. Luckly I had Blake to catch me

"Whoa! You okay?"

"I'm okay, I'm fine" I sit back in the bed.

"Want me to help--- should I call you mom?" I felt bad, I could see in him the trust and confidence he knew that whoever I was had in him...

"I'm sorry" 

"It's okay... I'll go get her" a few seconds later my mom walks in and helps me change. I could walk okay, but with help... later on my legs got used to it again and I was walking on my own...

*************************

Here we are... standing in front of a door of a huge house that belonged to the man I was supposed to marry. I'm afraid to go in, not because of what I mind find, but of who... I knew those kids were behind that door, waiting for their mother... and I feel like I'm not her.