Part 36 (I Still Love You)

Blake's P.O.V.

*1 month later:

It's been a month, a whole month since Gaia left me. A month of agonizing pain, a month of not waking up next to her, a month without seeing her beautiful face... a month of her slipping away from me.

I don't want to pressure her, I feel like I'll push her further away if I do. I went back to LA 'cause I had games to play but if I didn't I would be in Oklahoma trying to win her back somehow... I don't know where we went wrong, everything was perfect. I can't believe I'm losing her again.

Both our moms went back home, which means I'm alone in this big house. If only Gaia and Asher were here... it would be perfect. It so boring all this silence, this loneliness. I've talked to her a couple of times, but mostly so I could talk to Asher.

Her dad called me last night, saying she was sick and worried about her. Of course I didn't think twice, and hopped on a plane to see her...My dad picked me up from the airport and I ask him to take me straight to Gaia, who was alone because her father was working and her mother was there but looking after Asher. I don't want to brag but Asher can't ask for better grandparents, all four are amazing people who raised us well...

I'll admit I'm a bit nervous to see her again, she has no idea I'm coming and I don't know how she's gonna react.

"Blake, how are you come in" Mrs. K. greets me at the door as soon as I knock on it, with Asher on her arms. I can't help but pick him up and feel joy as soon as I see him.

"Hey buddy" he smiles at me. "I missed you"

"Gaia's upstairs, probably sleeping"

"What's wrong with her?" I ask concerned.

"She hasn't been feeling quite well, she barely eats and she's still breast feeding which makes her more weak if she's not eating well enough"

"Can I talk to her?"

"Of course you can, why would you even ask that?" I give Asher back to his grandma and go upstairs to see how Gaia's doing.

I knock lightly on the door before walking in. When I do I see her laying on the bed, coveres from neck to toe and pale. "Gaia?"

"Blake?" she sits up slowly "What are you doing here?"

"Your dad called, he said you weren't feeling so good"

"You came all the way here to check on me?"

"Of course I did babe, just because you don't want to be with me doesn't mean I don't love you and worry about you"

"I need to pee" I chuckle and help her get up from bed gently. I notice she was looking a bit woozy as she started to walk.

"Gaia?" before I knew it she was falling. I don't know how I got there so fast to keep her from hiting the floor. I was so scared, she doesn't get sick easily and never like this. "Mrs. K?!" I pick her up and go downstairs.

"Oh my God, what happened?!" she panicked.

"She just fainted, I'm gonna take her to the hospital"

"Okay, be careful please"

I get in the car and rush to the hospital "Hey! Help me here" I tell a nurse as I enter the hospital with a still fainted Gaia on my arms.

"What happened?" the nurse asks as he helps me put her in a gurney and checks her pupils with his small flashlight.

"I don't know she just fainted"

"Okay sir, I'm gonna need you to stay here while we check on her" Of course I didn't want to but what else can I do? Damn it Gaia! What's going on with you?

With elbows on my knees and hands on my head, looking down, I wait for answers. Seeing her faint in front of me... I've never been so sacred my entire life.

"Sir?" the doctor called and I shot up.

"Yes?"

"She's fine, she was dehydrated. We put a serum on her, she should be okay in a couple of hours. Has she been drinking a lot of water?"

"Um, I wasn't in town but her mom told me she was barely eating"

"Well there's the problem right there... Depression, eating disorder?"

"No, never"

"Alright well you have to make sure she eats, if she doesn't it can lead to a lot of complications. Like what just happened, dehydration is very risky it causes dizziness, weakness like what you experiences. She got lucky, dehydration can also lead to kidney failure, heart failure, seiures, brain damage and even death"

"Jesus Christ" I whisper as I sit back down.

"She's fine now and you can go see her, just make sure she eats well"

"Thank you" I shake his hand and go see her. She was asleep when I get there so I just sit next to her and wait for her to wake up. As I wait for her to wake up I try to imagine a life without her and I just can't... it even hurts to think about it...

"Babe?" I call to her as she slowly opens her eyes.

"What happened?" she asked disoriented.

"You fainted... You were dehydrated" I caress her face as she lays on that hospital bed. "Why aren't you eating?" I ask her gently but all she does is shrug. "Babe you gotta eat, our son feeds of you, you'll be weak... Are you depressed?" she turns her face the other way, which leads me to think she is.

"Hey" I grab her chin and turn her face back to me. "Why are you depressed?" tears fell to the side since she was laying down... She takes her time to answer but she does.

"I miss you... so much" my heart skipped a beat when I hear her say that. I hate this! I don't want to be the reason for her depression.

"Damn it Gaia, you're killing me"

"I'm sorry" she sits up.

"You think I want to see you like this?" I stand up, angry at her but never showing it. "Baby we can work it out, I don't want you like this... I know you still love me, don't even deny it"

"I just told you I missed you, I think that qualifies as love."

"Then come home with me. I want us to be together again, you, me and Asher"

"I can't"

"What the hell are you so afraid off?"

"I'm not, I just don't want to be a burden. You don't deserve to go what I'm going through"

"Oh bullshit! You're scared... admit it!!"

"I am scared!" she finally blurts out... "You're just starting your career and you're already this big shot guy who dunks over cars! So yes! I am scared! I'm scared that I'm gonna wake up one day and you won't be there because you left us for some other woman! I'm scared that fame and fortune are gonna blind you from who you are and I am scared that we won't be good enough for you anymore... I am scared, I am so scared that you'll break my heart again, I can't go through that again. I tried to shut you out, I have tried to remind myself what you did to me... but I just can't stop loving you" she begins to cry and that was it for me...

"Just go home! Don't make this harder than it already is. It's too---" 

I shut her up with a long deep kiss. Happy that she kisses me back I start to kiss her passionately, hungry for her, just like I haven't touched her for a month. "I love you" I whisper on her lips. "If I ever do that to you I give you permission to kick my ass"

She chuckles lightly with tears "There's that smile" I smile back at her as I wipe away her tears and kiss her once again.

Our love is too big and too strong to end it in such a way. I never want to hurt her in any way... She's my life and forever will be...