Part 39 (The Best Man)

**2 years later:

Blake's P.O.V.

I was at home finishing up and waiting for Gaia to get ready for the wedding, unfortunately not ours. One of my friends from high school was getting married and asked me to be his best man. Josh and I kept in touch after high school, we've been friends since we were kids and used to play baseball together.

"Babe! We're gonna be late!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming hold your horses"

"You better start getting used to this, it's gonna be you one day" I tell a two year old Asher that was clinging on my shoulder.

"Hurry up mommy!" 

"Okay, okay I'm here, calm down" her voice grew louder as she got closer to reach the stairs... She looks so beautiful in the long black dress with a little bit of her back showing.

"Uh-oh, mommy's looking too sexy in that dress. Daddy's gonna have to keep an eye on her and make sure no prianhas try to take her"

"The fish?" Asher asked amazed. "Why would the fish take away mommy?"

"They won't sweetie, daddy's just teasing" she gives me a little shove and takes Asher from me and I peck her lips.

"Yuck!" Asher says shutting his eyes and sticking out his tongue and scrunching his nose.

"Hey Asher, we need to be a team today, if you see some guy hitting on mommy you come tell me"

"If someone hits mommy, I'm gonna hit them!" he points and frowns.

"My little hero" she laughs.

"Okay, what I meant to say was, if you see a guy talking to mommy, okay?"

"Okay"

"Blake Griffin" she warns me.

"Okay, let's go"

************************

We arrive at an okay time, I would've wanted to be more early. I don't like to arrive just in time but having the mother of my child as my fianceé doesn't help. She always takes her time getting ready, it's always worth it at the end but it makes me mad sometimes. We were taking photos first and then we'd go to the chapel...

I stood behind Josh as the ceremony began, the bridesmaids entered and then the bride. I'll admit everything looked beautiful but when they entered I didn't pay attention... All I could do was look at Gaia. My eyes were glued to her, smiling and hoping it'll be us standing here one day, whenever she makes up her mind... I'll be waiting.

_________________________O__________________________

Gaia's P.O.V.

We were at the after party celebrating Josh's big day. He's always been good friends with Blake, I didn't know him the way Blake did but he's a really nice guy and he always made me laugh in high school.

I was always kind of a introvert, hell I am an introvert so I was in the farthest table possible with Asher while Blake remembered old times with his friends. I look to my left to see Josh walking to us, I was not good at small talk but I can't just ignore him...

"Hey G"

"Hey Josh, congratulations" we kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you. Hey kid! You've gotten big" Asher smiles.

"So when's you're big day gonna be?"

"I'm sorry?" 

"You and Blake" he stis on the chair next to me. I feel Asher sliding down my lap to the floor.

"Stay close sweetie!" he runs off to his dad. "Um... what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean... It's been almost three years"

"He put you up to this?"

"No, he doesn't touch the topic. He doesn't even want to think about it... He's crazy about you Gaia... since high school all he ever talks about is you. You should marry him already"

We look forward too see Blake walking to us with Asher on his arms, I don't respond, I'm not doing the wedding talk with Blake...

"Hey, you okay?" Blake asked.

"Yeah... Babe I gotta tell you something"

"I'll leave you guys to it" Josh leaves us.

"You went to your dad?" I ask Asher putting him on my lap again. He was tired so he rested his head on my chest as Blake sat where Josh was sitting.

"Hey we had a deal" Blake shrugged.

"Josh? Really?"

"I didn't know it was Josh babe, he just said a guy" he chuckles. "So what were you gonna tell me?" he began to eat whatever was on his plate.

"Well, it sort of good news"

"Have you tried the food? It's so good" he ignored. I get close to him, grabbing his neck lightly and pulling him to me to whisper in his ear...

"I'm pregnant" he shots back with eyes wide open.

"Are you sure?" he asked and I nod. "How long?"

"I've known for a while, I didn't say anything cause I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it again but I went last week to the doctor and he told me it was time to tell you"

"So it's okay? We're having another baby?" he tries to hold back his excitement

"Yes" I smile happily.

"Yes!!" he exclaimes. "Oh baby, I love you!" he smooches me. "How far along are you?"

"11 weeks, we get to know what it is on the next appointment"

He smiles and cups my face. "I love you so much right now... After two years, we finally got what we wanted" Tears fall down my cheeks of happiness and he wipes away my tears with his thumb. "I love you, you have no idea how happy you just made me" he kissed me again...

I was so glad he was happy. I actually wanted to wait longer but I couldn't keep it from him any longer. I just hope I don't lose it along the way. I don't think either of us could bare it again. This time, I'm gonna do everything right. I know we'll have a beautiful, healthy baby......