Part 91 (Still In The Woods)

"Sir, I need you to wait outside."

"What? No way, I'm not leaving her again."

"Sir, please! Outside, now!"

I go outside before they kick me out. She was breathing, she was still here. But what if she goes again? I want to tell her how much I love her but I can't. I can only hope she knows...

"Honey?"

"Mom!"

"Gaia's parents are heading home."

"What? No, wait." I run to them. "Mrs. K!" I yell out as I run. "Mrs. K." I call out.

"Blake, we-"

"She's alive."

"What?" Mr. K asks.

"What do you mean?" Gaia's mom asks.

"I was with her, she was breathing. They're working on her."

"Daddy?" Asher pulls my shirt.

"Hey, buddy. Mommy's-" I stop myself just in case she doesn't pull through.

"I know, in heaven... I wanna go home."

"Soon, okay?"

We wait for half an hour just to hear any update...

"Mr. Griffin?" I shot up as soon as I hear my last name being called out.

"Please tell me she's okay..."

"She's... stable."

"That's good, right?" Mrs. K asks.

"That's perfect." I have never felt so relived in my life. She was okay, she was here.

"But..."

"But what?" I ask.

"She's lost a huge amount of blood. She needs a blood transfusion ASAP."

"Okay, then do it."

"That's not the problem sir... She's AB negative. That's the rarest blood type in the entire world. Only about 0.2% to maybe 1% of the population have it... and we don't have any left here."

"Oh my God." Mrs. K cries.

"Can't you transport from another hospital?"

"We can, but first we need to see if they have it and it's expensive."

"I don't care how much it costs, just do it!"

"I'll do everything I can."

"Can we see her?"

"Only one at a time. Like I said, she's very week and she needs lots of rest."

Great, just when I thought everything was perfect again. But I guess it beats her being dead. She's not out of the woods yet... She can still die.

"You go first." Mr. K says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, just tell her we love her."

I agree to go first. I was hoping to catch her awake, but she wasn't. I sit next to her and grab her hand as tears fall from my cheek. A moment ago my whole world crumbled and now it's like I'm alive again. I rest my head gently on her stomach and get goose bump as soon as I feel her stroke my hand.

"Gaia?" I look at her.

"Hey." She say in a weak tone. "What happened?"

"You lost a lot of blood, they said you died." She tries to sit up. "No, you have to rest, baby."