Part 42 (Secrets)

Gaia's P.O.V.

The two remaining months have passed and we still couldn't agree on a name. Blake did hire some people to decorate and paint the baby's room but just like with Asher's he wouldn't let me see it. I was so curious about it so now that he's sound asleep.

I gently get off the bed making sure I didn't wake him up. I tip toe all the way to the door until it was safe and I walk to her room which was right next to ours, just like Asher's. Only his is on the left and hers on the right.

I finally get to see it, I'm right in front of the door... Just a little turn on the knob and---

"What are you doing?" I hear Blake's voice. When I turn to look at him, he had one eyebrow raised and his arms crossed.

"Nothing" an obvious lie.

"Really? Then why aren't you in bed next to me?"

"I was gonna get some water"

"Oh, well... the kitchen is downstairs and the stairs are that way so..." he points to the opposite direction to where I was.

"Oh come on Blake let me take just a tiny peek"

"No" he walks towards me and grabs my hands to get me away from the door.

"It's not fair you get to see it. It's just one quick look"

"You can't babe, it still smells like paint in there"

"I can hold my breath, please?" I beg and pout.

"No besides you can see it when she's born"

"Right... maybe" I whisper the last word

"What?"

"Nothing, I said baby"

"Why would you say baby?

"I don't know, I'm pregnant, I don't know what I say half the time" God! I gotta be more careful with what I say.

"Promise me you'll show me before she's born"

"She could be born any minute"

"Exactly" I wrap my arms around his neck. I wanted to be closer but the 9 month belly created a gap between us... "So please be the wonderful boyfriend, slash fianceé, slash future husband and show our daughter's room" I work on my puppy eyes.

"How can I say no to that face?"

"Thank you!" I grin.

"You gotta cover your eyes though"

"Fine" I do as he says and he leads me to her room...

"All right, you ready?" 

"Yes, can I open them?"

"Go ahead"

I open my eyes and see the most beautiful bedroom I have ever seen. Pink and fuschia with turquoise, two of my favorite colors. White horses simulating to carry a carriage... and her bed, her bed was so perfect. It looked comfortable and with pink bows on it... and the chandelier was perfect too... Just like a princess.

I being to cry of happiness and sadness at the same time.

"Hey, hey, why are you crying?" Blake gets concerned.

"I'm sorry I'm just--- hormones" I sniffle. "Oh Blake it's beautiful, I love it"

"Yep, daddy's little princess" I chuckle. "Now all we need is her name"

"So Penelope is a definite no?"

"Oh yeah, it's a no"

"Not even a possibility?"

"Nope"

"We're gonna be in that hospital without agreeing on a name"

"We'll figure it out" he kisses the top of my head. "Come on, let's go back to bed" I close the door to what's going to be our baby girl's room.

I love him and we don't hide anything form each other... But this time I have a secret, a secret I cannot tell him, I just can't. Not becuase I don't want to but because I don't know how to... How do you tell the person you love and share a child with heartbreaking news? How can I show him it's gonna be okay? How can I make him let go? Whether I tell him or not, the result will be the same... either way, he'll be devastated...

---------------------------------------------------------

Hmm..... what could be her secret??