Part 15 (Baby's Here)

Gaia's P.O.V.

My mom was already here just in case I was alone when the baby came and Blake was at his game, as always. I wish I could be there supporting him, but the baby's coming any day now and it would not be pretty if it happened in a game, so the best thing to do is to watch it on TV.

"You need anything sweetie?" my mom asked from the kitchen

"No I'm fine"

"Here" she brought me a glass of water

"Thanks" I force smile

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I lie

"I'm your mom, mija. I know when something troubles you"

"I'm scared"

"Oh honey, there's nothing to be sacred about"

"Does it hurt?"

"Only a little"

"What if I'm a bad mom?"

"You won't be a bad mom, you and Blake were raised well, you'll be great parents"

"He's barely around" I was feeling lonely lately, but I blamed the hormones.

"You'll make it work, you always do"

"Thanks mom... I'm glad you're here"

"Me too, I can't believe I'm going to be a grandma" we laugh

"You know, we didn't want to start a famliy now, we wanted to wait. Blake's starting on his career and we didn't want to rush anything."

"So what happened?"

"It's awkward telling you this" I chuckle "The condom broke"

"Oh"

"I don't regret it"

"You shouldn't, a child is the best thing that could happen to anyone. And you both are gonna be great at it, you'll see. When does Blake come back?"

"Tomorrow"

"Good, then we're going out to eat tomorrow, my treat. But for now I'll fix you a nice dinner"

"Thanks"

"All right, you just keep enjoying the game"

Mom leaves to make some dinner and I keep on watching the game. Blake wasn't playing very good but thet still won the game. After the game I ate and Blake called to check up on me, we said our good nights and hung up.

"So, you never told me why you and Blake broke up when you were in high school" my mom said as she sat next to me on the bed.

"Um... Well he's a guy and he listened to what people told him. His coach coninced him that I would keep him from playing pro ball and he told him to end it"

"I'm sorry, but it all worked out in the end"

"Thing is he never did. He just started to ignore me, phone calls, texts, everything. It hurt."

"Oh, I'm sorry mija:

"I didn't want to get back with him but he explained and it just made me more mad because he didn't trust me to support him"

"So why did you?"

"I don't know, a part of me is still mad, but I love him more... When William died, it was hard for both of us and we were there for each other"

"And the old flame sparked"

"Yep"

"Well, Blake is a good man, better than Dustin anyway. The important thing is that you're happy"

My mom was right, the important thing is that I'm happy. I love Blake and that's all that mattters right now. We both go to sleep, I had a good night sleep, but not for long. I instantly wake up as soon as I feel like I peed myself, but only to know that it wasn't pee but that my water broke. I guess it was a good call bringing my mom cause I would've been alone and freaking out/\.

"Mom?!"

"Yeah sweetie?"

"It's time, the baby's coming"

"Oh my God, okay come on lets go" she quickly pack some clothes and off we go to the hospital. I instantly call Blake.

"Hello?"

"Blake, you need to come home"

"What happened?" he sounded sleepy

"Ow! Just get here!"

"Are you in labor?"

"Yes! Come home!"

"Okay, okay all right just-- I'll see what I can do" I couldn't talk anymore so I hang up. We get to the hospital and I get admitted in.

"Okay darling, you're contractions are still a little apart so we have to wait a little more but we can give you the epidural now, okay?" the nurse said

"Okay"

I wait for the time to come, but the the wait just got longer. I was already two hours waiting until finally it was time.

"All righty, how are you today? Ready to deliver a baby?" the doctor asked

"Yes"

"Is the dad coming?" he asked

"The father's not available right now" thankfully I stand corrected and Blake bolts through the door.

"Oh, sir you can't be here" the doctor said

"Blake?"

"Get him out of here"

"No, no wait. He's the dad"

"All right then, let's have a baby"

"How did you get here so fast?" I ask him

"Hey Mrs. K" he says to my mom "I was already on my way when you called. I wanted to surprise you"

"I'm sorry to interupt this moment, but I'm gonna need you to push miss Kurkova" and so I do, and I must say, it hurt like hell... After 30 minutes of pushing and getting contractions, little Asher arrived to the world. I was so happy I began to cry, I can't believe that little thing came out of me! They clean him up and give him to me.

"Hi" I say crying and smiling "Welcome to the world little guy"

"Hey... I'm your dad" Blake said with an amazed look on his face. My mom was right, this is the best feeling in the world. My mom cried too, she was real happy and that's all that counted right here in this room, but more importantly that Asher was healthy...