Part 23 (Stop Worrying)

Blake's P.O.V.

 I wake up next morning with my beautiful girl by my side and our little one in the middle. Gaia was afraid that maybe on of us would turn and squish him but he was crying so much I convinced her. She was really tired so I took Asher downstairs to let her sleep some more.

"Morning mom"

"Morning sweetie, hi little pumpkin" she kisses Asher.

"So, how are you liking fatherhood?"

"Surprisingly I love it"

"And Gaia?"

"She loves it too"

"Good, so was she happy about you proposing?"

"She was a bit nervous I would leave again"

"Can you blame her? You broke her heart"

"I know, and I regret it every single day. To be honest I don't even know why she forgave me."

"It's called love sweetheart"

"You know? She didn't want to come to LA"

"Don't say that"

"It's true. I kind of pressed her into choosing"

"You think she's unhappy with you? Have you seen the way that woman looks at you?" she cups my face "Honey... she forgave you because she loves you. It's time for you to forgive yourself"

"I can't, she already told me that but I just can't"

"Morning" Gaia walks in "Hi peanut! Morning babe" she kisses me

"Morning" I answer

"Hey Gaia can you make one thing clear for me?"

"Mom?" I knew where she was going with this.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you please reassure my son that you love him?"

"What?" she asked a bit confused, not knowing about the conversation

"He thinks you don't love him"

"Mom!" I say begging and hoping she'd stop

"Why would you think I don't love you?"

"I didn't say that." I exhale deeply "Mom can you give us a minute?"

"Sure" she leaves

"What's this all about?" Gaia asked

"Nothing, mom just asked how you felt about the whole proposal thing and I told her you were a little nervous about it"

"And..."

"And then the conversation continued and I started to ask myself why you forgave me for what I did to you when I was back in college"

"Again?"

"I know, I just-- I'm sorry"

"Why do you think I don't love you?"

"No reason, it's just.. you kind of hesitated when I asked you to marry me and you didn't really want a baby"

"Blake... okay in my defense you didn't actually propose, you just said you wanted to marry me out of the blue. And I didn't want kids yet because first of all we're in our early-- too early twenties and I just wanted more time for ourselves before we had a family. That doesn't mean I don't love you or Asher"

"I know and I'm not saying that... I just don't think you're happy with me"

"Are you serious? Look at us, we have a baby and a family that loves us. I'm happy seeing you and Asher happy, you're both my life. Yes, I forgave you and yes it's strange but it happened, get over it. You promised before we came to LA that you wouldn't talk about it anymore"

"Well I didn't actually talk to you about it, I was talking to mom"

"Okay, smarty pants"

"Can I ask you something?" she nods "Did you see a future with Dustin? I mean you were gonna marry him, right?"

"I don't know, I guess I kind of did... but the you came back and everything changed"

"I would've stopped that damned wedding"

Gaia laughs "Yeah?"

"Hell yeah, and I would've taken you away"

"What if it happens the other way around? What if Dustin comes and tries to stop you from marrying me?"

"I guess I'll have to beat him up again" I kiss her. 

"No, no fighting... ever" Asher begins to fuss. "Come here baby" Gaia takes him from me.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm kind of scared that you'll be the one to run away"

"I'm not gonna run away. Look at you you're hot" she takes off one side of her short sleeve shirt to feed Asher.

"Oh is that why you're with me?"

"Yeah, you're tall and you have a hot body" she teased and I frown "I'm kidding! You're funny, you're kind, you're smart, you have a sense of humor, and he's really biting ow!" she hisses.

"Biting he doesn't have any teeth yet"

"So? It still hurts"

"Yeah, yeah my bad... Want to do something today? The three if us?"

"I don't know, weren't you gonna go with DJ to the movies"

"I can cancel"

"No, go have fun, it;s okay"

"Me have fun? You're the one that deserves to have fun"

"You made plans with DJ go... I'll be all right"

"Fine. By the way, we have a game tomorrow. You're going right?"

"Sure, if my mom can look after Asher, yeah"

"Thanks" I go kiss her.

"You're welcome" I kiss her again. I start to walk away... "Hey! You haven't eaten anything"

"And how would you know? I woke up before you"

"Because I know you"

"Yeah well you haven't eaten anything either"

She gasps as a joke "Are you worried about me?"

"I'm always worried about you... Eat something" I tell her

"I will, have fun"

"I'll try but being away from you is such a torture" I give her a long deep kiss

"Our son is right here... on my boob actually"

I chuckle "I'll leave you to it then, I love you"

"Hey, I really do love you"

"Yeah?"

"With all my heart"

"Yeah I know" I kiss her for like the 10th time "Call me when you put him to sleep?"

"Babe, we'll be fine, go enjoy your movie... and say hi to DJ for me"

"Fine... bye"

"Bye" I know I should't worry so much but I just did. It's my job to make sure they're okay and that they have everything they need. I know Gaia always says she's fine even when she's not which is why I always worry. I know she can handle herself but it's never wrong to worry, is it?