Part 93 (Back Home)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Finally after a whole month of going in and out of the hospital we get to bring Theo home. I was discharged a week after the blood transfusion, but the hardest thing about this whole thing was leaving Theo alone. I know it was for his best and of course that's all I wanted, but I wish I was allowed to stay. Either way, the waiting is over... Blake's still been acting strange, taking everything he does that has to do with me real serious.

"Hey, it's time." We woke up about an hour ago but jumped back into bed.

"You feeling okay?"

"Blake, are you gonna keep asking me that every day?"

"Yes. You almost-- you died because of--"

"Stop!" I cut him off. "Just stop blaming yourself."

"Who else is there to blame but me?"

"No one. We're here, we both are." I scoff and give him my back.

"What?" He asks.

I tear falls but I make sure he doesn't see it. "I haven't seen you smile in a whole month. Are you not happy I'm here?"

"Hey!" He turns me around and wipes the tear I tried to hide. "Don't ever ask me something like that again. You know how happy I am that you're alive and here with me."

"Well you don't show it."

"I'm just... I feel like I'm gonna be the end of you. Like I'm the reason you're gonna die someday."

"So you're gonna act like this forever?"

"No. Truth is.... I'm still thinking about it."

"No! We talked about this! You're not leaving! If you leave that will be the end of me. Why can't you just understand that I love you?"

"Why can't you just understand that I'm bad for you?"

"You're not bad for me! You're not! You're the best for me. I don't want to do this alone, let alone with someone else."

"It's better that way."

"So let me get this straight. You want to leave because you think I'll be safer that way and I deserve to be happy with someone else?"

"Kellan."

"Oh, you have the person too?"

"He cares about you the same way I do."

"So while I'm playing house with Kellan. I have to be miserable for the rest of my life because even though I'm not gonna be with you I'll still have to see you for the next twenty something years... You want me to live with a man I don't love. Even if it's not him, I'll never love someone the way I love you. Especially if you're gonna be around all my life... Do you really want to see me with someone else?" I sit up as I ask the question, and he does too.

"It would kill me to see you with someone other than me. But--" I kiss him, shutting him up.

"I don't want anyone else... I want you. Why make us both suffer for something neither one of us wants?"

"The last thing I want is to hurt you." He caresses my cheek.

"Then don't." I kiss him again.

"Gaia--"

"Just shut up and kiss me." Finally he does as I ask and kisses me. The kiss went to desire in seconds and we were hungry for each other.

"Tell me you love me." He demands.

"I love you."

"And you're sure I'm what makes you happy."

"Positive."

We continue to kiss until he starts trailing kisses to my stomach, making my heart pound like crazy. 

"Make love to me." I whisper and he comes back up to kiss me. We part lips and he starts kissing my neck as he gently takes off my shorts.

"Mommy?"

"Shit." Blake curses, quickly covering me up before Asher could see anything.

"Is my brother coming today?" He asks as he jumps into bed and grabbing Blake's iPad.

"Yeah... Blake?"

"What?"

"I'm naked?" I whisper to him.

"Oh, right." I stands up. "Come on, bud. Let's get you some breakfast." He picks him up and they go downstairs.

A smirk creeps out on me. At least I got him to almost make love to me. I guess that's a start... I take a short shower and head downstairs, waiting for mom to come babysit while Blake and I go get Theo. As I walk into the kitchen I see Blake talking to Asher.

"Hey.." He walks to me and pins me between him and the bar. "I'm sorry... I love you." He gives me a peck on the lips.

"Yuck!" Asher says.

"Oh, thank God he didn't see what we were doing cause he would've puked!" Blake teases.

"Blake!" I scold with a laugh as he leaves the kitchen.

"Where my babies at?!!" A familiar voice joins in.

"Grandma!!" Asher runs to her.

"Hey, mom." I greet her.

"Hi, honey. How are you?"

"Nervous."

"You'll be fine, you're a fighter... And with Blake?"

"Great, we managed to get over the whole "you're safer without me" drama today."

"That's perfect."

"Babe, you ready?" Blake walks in again.

"Yeah." I couldn't wait to finally have Theo in my arms. I never got a chance to hold him before...

*************
Later that night:

I was in the nursery feeding Theo. It was good to have him home, he was so small a month ago and now he's healthy.

"I guess we gave everybody quite a scare, huh?" I chuckle. "I'm so glad you're okay. Your daddy and I are gonna take good care of you, I promise... I love you, baby boy." I kiss his soft little head.

"Hey." Blake walks in. "He asleep?"

"He's getting there." I say and notice him smiling.

"Is that a smile I see?" I smile back.

"Maybe."

"It's nice to see you smile again."

"I'm just glad you're both okay."

"Can you believe we have three kids?"

He chuckles. "Time goes way to fast. What I can't believe is that we have a three year old... It feels like he was born yesterday."

"Tell me about it." I'm about to stand up to put him in his rib, but Blake offers to help.

"I got him." He places him down. We both gaze upon the little creature the we created.

"And you wanted me to get rid of it."

"Ugh, don't remind me." He kisses my forehead. "It was a scary decision and situation... Sorry."

"It all worked out in the end."

"Theo Griffin, another one for the collection. What do you think? Basketball?"

"Oh, no." I say chuckling. "Baseball, sweetie... Baseball." I walk away. I gasp as soon as I feel Blake picking me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"How about we finish what we started this morning."

"Sounds perfect..."

---------------------------------

Sorry for the super long wait! I don't know if the chapter was good enough, let me know how you feel about it.... Thanks :)