Part 29 (Get Together)

Gaia's P.O.V.

I was thinking about a wedding date and I thought maybe September but I think it's too soon so now I'm not too sure. Blake and his friends were having a get together here on the house so I'm not talking about this with him today... I have no idea how many people were gonna be here so my mom, Gail and I make enough food for a whole family reunion, while Blake played with Asher in the living room.

"So you don't know any of them?" mom asks

"Ma we basically just got here, it's gonna take time for me to know all his friends"

"Are there gonna be any girls?" Gail asked serious and I got a bit worried.

"I don't know" I look to the floor remembering the cheerleader.

"You better keep an eye on them, women are vicious creatures. If you're not paying attention they'll go for the kill" she continued.

"Where's mommy?" we all heard Blake's voice getting closer and acted like we weren't having that conversation.

"Hi" I smile at the sight of Asher.

"Hi honey" Gail smiled at Blake "So who's coming to this party?"

"It's not really a party mom, it's just a get together"

"Okay, so who's coming?"

"Friends..."

"What friends?"

"Okay... what's going on?"

"Nothing I just want to know who's coming"

"Mom, I'm 24 okay? It's not high school where you had to know everyone"

"I'm still your mother"

"Ouch" I mock.

"I'm not sure okay? Just teammates and Jordan" he met Jordan trough one of his teammates, they met and became good friends but I've never met him, I don't even know what he looks like. I know who his teammates, well because of the games.

"No drinking right?"

"God mom, please don't tell you're gonna be keeping tabs on me too"

"No, I'm sorry you're right. You're not a kid anymore, you're responsible for your own actions"

"Okay... I'm gonna go get ready" he was a bit confused by his mom. "You coming?" he asked me.

"Later" I smile so he wouldn't get more suspicious.

"Fine, see you later buddy" he leaves.

"Really? You might as well have asked him if there's gonna be any girls"

"Let's not talk about this anymore" my mom said. "You told me this morning you were thinking about wedding dates..."

"Already?" Gail asked excitedly. "When?"

"I was thinking September but it's too soon"

"Too soon? Sweetheart he's been waiting for this since high school, you've both had enough time"

"I know but I mean it's in 4 months... It's too soon, I won't have too much time to get a dress patiently and a cake and a place and invitations... they take time"

"Well that makes sense"

"So... December?"

"Oh here we go, what is it with you and December?" mom asked joking

"But that close to Asher's birthday" Gail protested.

"I know but it's 3 extra months... it's better than waiting a whole year" I don't know why, but I just LOVE December... Asher was born December 13, total coincidence. Maybe it's the Christmas spirit that lights me up inside.

"Well you know what? I don't care, as long as you both get married I'll be happy" Gail hugged me. "This is so exciting! Isn't it exciting Asher? Mommy and Daddy are getting married"

"Okay... Can't breathe" I say and she let's me go. "So I was gonna talk to him about it today but I totally forgot about this so I guess it'll have to wait till tomorrow"

"Oh, I'm so happy" she lets out a little scream scaring all of us.

"What happened?" Blake ran down holding a towel around his waist.

"Nothing... a fly" Gail lies and I laugh. I stand up from the chair and grab Blake's hand.

"Come on let's go"

"Why did she yell?" he asked me as we walked to our room.

"I don't know babe" I say as I place Asher on his crib.

"You coming down tonight?" he pulled me close to him.

"Do you want me to?"

"How is that even a question? Of course I do, I want to show you off to everyone" a smirk creeps out on my lips.

"I'm gonna go get ready" I go to the bathroom to take a long shower... So long that by the time I got out I heard people downstairs already. I get ready as soon as I can... I put on a black casual dress with lace on the the back and on the bottom. Asher was with my mom on therr guest room where she was staying so it's good to know I'll be close by in case he got cranky... I go downstairs and I see Jada, I go say hi and in a matter of seconds Blake creeped behind me.

"Hey beautiful" he whispered and I turned around.

"Hi" I smile.

"Come on I want to introduce you to everyone..." he took me around the house and introduced his friends to me. It was nice but by the time we were done I was exhausted of meeting so many people. "You okay?"

"Yep" I lie.

"Good, cause we have one more left" I groan silently so he wouldn't hear me. "Jordan, hey" the shake hands "Gaia this is Jordan, Jordan, Gaia"

"Hi, it's nice to finally meet you" I say

"Yeah you too. The guy won't shut up about you" he jokes.

"Jordan?" a tall blonde with athletic body walked up to him, she was pretty too.

"Oh, my sister" he introduces.

"Hi, Gaia" I extend my hand and she does too. She smiles and we shake hands.

"Brynn... Cameron"

----------------------------------------------------------

Dun, dun, duuuuuuun... Will she be bad news?