Part 16 (Coming Home)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Three days have passed and today we get to go home, I spent a couple of hours in pain, but in the end it was all worth it. Blake and I couldn't stop staring at him, he was so small and cute.

"Why didn't you tell me you were on your way when I called you?"

"I don't know, I was just thinking of getting here" 

"Hey, I talked to your dad" my mom says as she enters the room

"What'd he say?" I ask

"He freaked, your his little girl and pregnant at 21, you know, but happy non the less... How's the little guy?"

"Sound asleep" I say. Blake's phone starts to ring like crazy

"Shit, sorry" he quickly answers the phone so it woulnd't wake Asher. "Hey, mom... Yeah, yeah he's fine... she's fine too, we're okay, I'll send you a picture soon okay? Or you can come visit... bye"

"You ready?" I ask Blake

"Are you?" 

"I was ready since yesterday"

"All right, let's go show little Asher his room" mom says. She was gonna stay here for a couple of more weeks, she wants to help me while Blake is out there playing.

.............

As soon as we leave the hospital we go straight home. Blake takes the car seat out and we go in to welcome home the new baby to his new home.

"Hey, come on little guy I'm gonna show you your room" Blake said taking him upstairs

"He looks happy" mom says as soon as Blake's gone.

"He does"

"And you?" she asks

"I am... a little scared too but I'm happy"

"It's normal to be afraid the firts couple of weeks, just get ready for long nights"

"Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna enjoy those"

"Make sure you go to sleep the same time he does 'cause if you don't you'll go crazy"

"Thanks for the advice" I chuckle "I'm gonna check on the new daddy"

"Yeah, he's acting like it's a new toy"

"Did dad act like that?" I ask

"Worse I think" we laugh and I go upstairs to Ashers room.

"Hey... you okay?"

"Me? I'm great, I'm a dad"

"Okay calm down, sugar daddy before you jump on the walls"

"I'm sorry I'm just excited and happy"

"I know" Blake puts him on his crib and we stare some more. I wrap arms around Blake and rest my head on his chest... "Thank you" I tell him

"For what?" he looks down at me

I look up at him and say "For giving me the best gift anyone can have"

"I love you" 

"Yeah, me too"

"You ready to do this for the rest of your life, when we're grandparents--"

"Oh God, he just came into this world, can you not make us old yet? We have like 25 to 30 years before that day comes"

"I know, I'm just messing with you... I wonder what you'll look like with grey hair"

"Shut up" I shove him a little, laughing. "I wonder what you'll look like when your all old and fat and can't run from here to the kitchen"

"Yeah, that'll never happen... I'll never get fat if I have you as my cardio"

"Ooh, are you trying to turn me on Mr. Griffin?"

"I believe I am" he starts kissing me softly and I kiss back, but I break the kiss before it gets more intense. "What?"

"You know we can't do anything for another six weeks"

"Ugh! Who made those rules anyway?... You know maybe we should get married soon"

"No"

"No?"

"I don't want to be the kind of people that get married in a rush just because they had a kid... We'll do it when we're ready"

"Okay... so about mom"

"Yeah?"

"Can she come?"

"Blake, she's your mom, of course"

"I know, I'm just saying... you know how they are when they get together. They don't stop talking, they get drunk"

"Yeah I know, but it's not fair to make your mom wait. Besides, I'm gonna need all the help I can get and who better than the women who raised us?"

"True, should I bring dad too? To keep an eye on them?"

"Maybe just your mom, if your dad comes my mom's gonna want to bring my dad and I don't want a crowd"

"All right I'll call her"

"Did you send her the picture?" I asked before he left

"Yeah" 

"What'd she say?"

"Oh my God! He's gorgeous!" he imitates her and I burst out laughing.

"Go, call, come back"

"I will" he kisses me and walks out the door. After he leaves all I do is wonder if bringing Blake's mom is really a good idea. Blake's gonna be playing and I'm gonna be here with Asher and both moms alone... all I can do is hope for the best...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, just wanted to know if you're enjoying this story so far...

Please let me know, thanks :)