Part 43 (Might As Well Be Mom)

Gaia's P.O.V.

I wake up the next day to an empty bed, Blake had an early practice so it was just me and my parents, and Asher of course.

"Morning mommy" Asher says with his mouth full of cereal which my mom was feeding...

"Morning sweetheart" I kiss the top of his head.

"When is my sister coming?"

"Soon honey, okay?"

"Okay" he's been asking everyday when the baby's coming. "I'm all done"

"Good boy, go watch some TV, don't run"

"He seems excited" my mom says.

"Yeah... I wish I could say the same" I sit down.

'What do you mean?" my mother sat next to me concerned.

"I saw her room last night" I say tearfully. "I just know Blake is gonna spoil her" I chuckle. "I need to tell you something... I just need to tell someone and it might as well be my mom"

"What is it?" she strokes my hair.

"I hate keeping things from Bake, but he can't find out about this. Promise me you won't say anything"

"Sweetheart what's going on?"

"Promise me mom"

"All right I promise.... you didn't cheat on him did you? That baby is his"

"Mom I would never do that to him, I love him... But it does have something to do with the baby, or more me"

I can't keep this to myself anymore, I had to tell someone...

"When I found out I was pregnant I didn't tell anyone fast because I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it like last time... Because of that I went aone to my appointments and the doctor said that there's a 10 to 20% chance I might not make it" 

"What?! What are you talking about?"

"My body's weak, it might not take it"

"No, no there has to be a mistake! Why didn't you abort it?"

"Mom! I could never do that! You know how much we wanted another baby"

"But not one that would take your life!"

"Mom it's okay. I've made my peace with it" I cry.

"You have to tell Blake about this"

"No, no I can't! If I do die... I'm afraid he'll hate her, and I can't have that... I can't have him hating his own daughter"

My mom begins to cry like I've never seen her cry.

"Mom it's gonna be okay"

"No it won't! Maybe Blake can hire some other doctor or something!"

"Mom no money in the world is going to save me... if it's time for me to go then it's time" we both continue to cry... "I wrote this for them" I hand her three letters. One for each of them, Blake, Asher and our baby girl. "I want you to give it to him if I don't make it"

"I can't"

"Mom... it's okay" I give her a weak smile.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"I wanted at least one person to know... I don't know how to tell Blake, I tried telling him once but nothing came out of my mouth"

"Then let me tell him"

"No! When the day comes I want it to be a happy day, not a 'she might die' day"

"It's not fair to him Gaia"

"Mom it's not fair to any of us... I might not get to see my babies grow up" I cry.

"What about your father?"

"No, he'll just tell Blake to get him to stop me. But it's too late, she's bound to come any day now"

"Then I'm not leaving your side"

"I didn't think you would..."

________________________O________________________

Blake's P.O.V.

I was at practice thinking about last night, how happy Gaia was with the baby's room and also thinking and anxious about the day our baby girl is in our arms.

"Hey man, what's up with you today?" DJ asks.

"Nothing man, I just... I showed Gaia the baby's room last night and she was happy but she mumbled something I didn't quite catch"

"Hmm, what did you hear?"

"I thought I heard maybe but she claims she said baby"

"Well maybe you understod wrong man... Good thing it she liked the room, right?"

"Yeah... I better get going man. They're probably waiting for me"

"Yeah all right, take care man"

I leave practice and before I go home I go buy her a bouquet of roses, I know how much she loves them..

*************

I arrive home and when I open the door I see Gaia's mom crying.

"Mrs. K. you okay?"

"Oh hi Blake, yes I'm fine I just... finished watching a movie"

"Oh... where's Gaia?"

"In the living room with Asher" I leave her to hr crying and go find my future wife.

"Hey baby" I say with a smile.

She gasps at Asher "Who is that? Is that--- whoa! What is this?" she laughs.

"Look mommy, flowers"

"Yes I can see that... What's the occasion?"

"Does there have to be an occasion for me to buy flowers to the woman I love?"

"No, sorry" I kiss her deeply. "They're beautiful"

"Just like you"

"Don't get all cheesy on me"

I chuckle "Sorry"

"Come one baby let's go put them in some water" she takes Asher.

"So what's up with your mom?"

"What do you mean?"

"She was crying when I got here"

"Oh I think she was cutting onions"

"Onions right..."

Movie? Onions? What the hell is going on....

----------------------------------------------------

Thoughts? :'(