Part 83 (Our Lips Were Sealed)

Blake's P.O.V.

After Gaia's words a take a long walk and think about things. Hearing her say it was over between us scared me. Why did I just tell her everything from the beginning? I know how she is! She hates secrets! I can't lose her, I gotta get her back somehow.

I go home and look for Gaia in the bedroom to talk things out.

"Blake." She protested as soon as I walked through the door.

"Hear me out."

"No."

"I love you."

"Clearly." She says sarcastically.

"I didn't even ask you about the baby."

"Because you don't care about it."

"Don't say that. That's my baby too."

"Baby's fine. Did you talk to Asher?" She asks.

"He was sleeping, I'll talk to him tomorrow."

"Good, then get out." She says as she makes the bed ready for sleep.

"You said this was my house and I could come when I pleased."

"I'm not kicking you out of the house. I'm telling you to leave this room."

"Really?"

"There're like 50 other rooms in this house, I'm sure you can manage to find one."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her." I force the conversation.

"Seriously? I don't want to talk about it."

"I know but we have to."

"Not tonight, I'm tired." She sits on the bed.

"When, then?"

"How about never?" Her attention goes towards me. "You lied to me."

"I didn't lie."

"You're right... You kept something from me!"

"I'm sorry."

"Don't! I don't want to hear it! You kept this from me for four years!" She stands up, yelling and pointing at me.

"What's the big deal? You haven't told who you dated after/before me."

"No! But I'm sure that if he walked through that I would tell you!! You know what? I'm not doing this right now. I had enough with that bitch coming in here."

"Gaia, this is not worth our marriage."

"I can't breathe." She says.

"It was one mistake, please forgive me."

"I can't breathe!" She says louder and sits on the bed holding her chest.

"Gaia?" She was about to faint. It's like it's happening all over again. "Gaia!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

I paced around the waiting room at the hospital. Why did I agitate her like that? God, I'm so stupid!!

"Mr. Griffin?"

"Yes!"

"She's fine, just a loss of air. What happened?"

"It's my fault, we were fighting."

"You are aware that with her heart condition-"

"Heart condition?"

"You're not aware with it?"

"No, she just told me they were panic attacks."

"Well I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated than that."

"How complicated?" I ask.

"Well her heart is weak, it doesn't work how it normally should. Of course being pregnant increases the risks, as pregnancy stresses her heart and circulatory system. During pregnancy, the blood volume increases by 30 to 50 percent to nourish the growing baby and the heart rate increases as well. These changes causes her heart to work harder. Labor and delivery add to her heart's workload, too.When your baby is born, decreased blood flow through the uterus also stresses her heart. Minor abnormalities in heart rhythm are common during pregnancy, so they're not usually cause for concern. But you should monitor her every once in a while."

"Jesus Christ." It was a lot to take in. I needed to sit down. "Did she know about this?"

"I'm afraid so, sorry."

"Can I see her?"

"Of course."

"Thank you." I shake his hand and go in the room to talk to her.

So all this time it wasn't that she couldn't have kids, it was just that she shouldn't... When I go in she had heart monitors on her chest.

"Looks like we both kept things from each other." I say as I close the door behind me and she looks away.

"This is nothing compared to what you did to me."

"No... it's worse. You have a condition that puts your life at risk and you decide to lie to me about it. Why did you tell me they where panic attacks?"

"Because I felt like it."

"Because you felt like it." I repeat, nodding. She could tell I was mad at her. "Well it explains why you didn't have one when the whole Sarah thing happened... I just don't understand why you would keep something like this from me."

"Because you always want to fix things, and you can't fix this."

"Do you really think I don't love you?" She looks away again. "I made a stupid mistake, I regret it. But you are the love of my life. And I won't let that bitch destroy us, what we've built together. Is my mistake really worth ending our life together?" She doesn't answer. "Are you gonna let her win?"

"Win? This isn't a game Blake. This is our marriage... How am I supposed to trust you?"

"No, baby, come on! I've never lied to you." I practically beg.

"So you say, but how do I know that?"

"So you don't trust me anymore, is that what you're saying?"

"I don't know..."

It hurt hearing the woman I love, my wife, the mother of my kids, saying that she didn't trust me. I broke her trust, and that's the most important thing to her.

"You know, sometimes, it's hard to find words to tell you how much you mean to me. A lot of times, I don't say anything at all. But I hope someday, you'll understand, having you is what I live for." I let her know and leave.

She might love me with all her heart. But one thing I learned from her is that she'd rather suffer from loneliness that suffering from a broken heart... Especially if I'm the one that broke it, again.

------------------------------

Their love is big and there's no doubt they belong together. But will Gaia trust him again?