5

I’ve never let anyone disrespect me like that… especially a man. “Are you crazy?!” I yell at him and start punching him back.

“I’m sorry” he said

“Fuck you!” I replied slamming the door behind me and leaving. I arrive at my mom’s house and when I open the door she was talking on the phone.

“No, she’s not here… Oh wait she just got here--- Oh my God, what happened?”

“I’m fine mom”

“She has blood on her mouth” she said to the person on the phone

“Mom! Who are you talking to?” ask and she hangs up

“No one, mija. What happened?”

“Dustin came home drunk”

Dios mio! Wait till I tell your father”

“No mom! Don’t tell dad, I already took care of it”

A few minutes later someone knocks on the door. My mom opens it and Blake bolted in

“Where is she?”

I look at my mom “You called Blake?”

“I’ll leave you two alone” she says going upstairs to her room

He walks to me grabbing my face “What happened?”

“Nothing”

“Did he hit you?” he was getting mad. I didn’t respond so he asked again louder. “Did he hit you?”

“Yes” I whispered

“Where is he?”

“Blake---”

“Where is he, Gaia?”

“I don’t know, he was home when I left”

He starts to charge to the door, I could see the anger in his eyes. If he found him he would probably kill him.

“Blake stop!” I go after him, before he could reach the door.

“I’m gonna kill him” he says, he wouldn’t stop. Not if I told him something he would want to hear… so I did.

“Baby please!” I say grabbing his face and making him stop.

“This guy hit you, there’s no way I’m gonna let him get away with it”

“Blake just let it go… please”

“Fine, but if I see him around, I’m gonna have a talk with him… does this mean you’re coming with me for tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I need to get my stuff though”

“I’m going with you”

“Blake---”

“No, I’m going Gaia”

“No you’re not. The whole reason this whole thing started was because of you, I don’t need it to get worse.”

“You told him?”

“No… but he knows something’s going on” I knew he didn’t want me to go alone, but I really didn’t want any drama. “Let me just get my stuff and I’ll meet you at your place” he just stares at me “I’ll take my mom”

“You’ll take your mom? He asks and I nod “Hey, Mrs. K?!” He calls her

I hear her footsteps on the stairs, I wasn’t gonna take her, but Blake knew me too much. “Everything okay?”

“Gaia said she’s gonna pick her stuff at the house, let me know if anything happens? I know she’s not gonna want to call me”

“Of course”

“Now… can you please let me handle this?”

Thankfully he agreed “Call me if anything happens” I nod. He tries to kiss me but I turn my head, making him kiss my cheek. “Was the whole ‘baby’ thing a lie for me to not go there?” he whispers to me

“Blake… Please just go home’

“Right” he leaves kind of pissed and sad at the same time. I go home to get my stuff but it looks like Dustin decided not to leave.

I signal my mom to call Blake, hopefully he didn’t notice me giving her the heads up. I didn’t want to call Blake, but dad was away working and I was NOT expecting Dustin to have stayed here.

“What are you doing here?” I ask him

“Should I be somewhere else?”

“Well, not here”

“Why not?”

“You hit me… I told you once that would be more than enough for this to be over. I warned you about that, remember?”

“I know but I’m sorry” I walk upstairs to get my stuff and he follows “Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving”

“The hell you are, you’re not going anywhere” he grabs my arm real tight.

“Let go of my arm Dustin” I try to yank it off but he’s grabbing on to hard. “You’re hurting me”

“You’re not leaving”

“Stop!” I yell, he starts to force kisses on me “Dustin, stop” he wouldn’t stop so I smacked him in the face “Oh my God”

“What the fuck Gaia?”

“I told you to stop” I grab my clothes and head to the door. I see Blake stepping out of his car, but as soon as I reach the door Dustin pulls my arm and hits me again. Next thing I saw was Blake bolting to the door… I was pretty sure he was going to kill him…