Part 44 (Will This Be Goodbye Foreve?)

Gaia's P.O.V.

Blake was up all night last night asking about what I was lying about. At first I thought mom had told him, but if she did, he wouldn't be so calm... In the end I told him that she told me she was going to cook so I assumed that's why she was crying. Thankfully he gave up and went to sleep.

I wasn't going to argue with my mom about this. It's perfectly normal for her to be crying after the news I gave her. I told her I was at peace with what might happen, but the truth is I'm scared. I'm not ready to leave this world. I wanted to be able to see my kids grow up. I wanted to grow old with Blake and wait for the where one of them would ask us to take care our their kids. I wanted lots of grandkids and a lifetime with the man I loved... or at least be his wife. That's the only reason I suggested getting married while pregnant. If I'm going I would've wanted to be his wife... but I guess somethings aren't just meant to be.

As Blake slept upstairs, I played downstairs with Asher and his Legos. My mom was making breakfast and my dad's out for a jog.

"All right sweetie, breakfast is almost ready so it's time to start cleaning up"

"Okay"

"Want me to bring you some water?"

"Yes, please"

As I'm about to stand from the floor I feel a sharp pain on my stomach and water dripping down between my legs.

"Ahh!" I hiss.

"Did you step on a Lego? Cause that hurts, you know?"

"Oh, I know sweetie but no... I need you to go get daddy okay? Don't let him fall back asleep."

___________________________O___________________________

Blake's P.O.V.

"Daddy?" I hear Asher's voice and I feel him shoving me. "Daddy"

"What is it bud?" I yawn.

"Mommy needs you" I groan and fall back into the bed "She told me not to let you fall asleep"

"Ugh! Mommy's just being mean to daddy"

"I think she made pee-pee on herself"

"She what?" I shot up.

"She made pee-pee"

"Oh my God" I stand from the bed quickly, change clothes and brush my teeth in lees than 2 minutes. "G?!" I call out as I run down the stairs with Asher. "Baby"

"Blake" she takes deep breaths.

"Is it coming?"

"No, it's the contrations, ow!!" she cries.

"Okay... Mrs.K!!" I need her to look after Asher in the hospital if Gaia's dad doesn't arrive in the next 5 seconds.

"What is it? What is it?" she ran in to Asher's playroom.

"It's time" I say excitedly.

"Hey, what's going on?" Mr. K walks in

"Oh good George you're here. Look after Asher, Blake and I are going to take Gaia to the hospital"

________________________O__________________________

Gaia's P.O.V.

I scream, I turn, I bite, I squeeze Blake's hand but nothing works. It hurts so much, but it'll be worth it.

"Ready for the epidural Ms. Kurkova?"

"Yes! I'm so ready"

Blake helps me sit up so the doctor could put the epidural, and I must say, it helps a lot. It starts to work almost instantly.

"I told you we'd be here without a name" I tell Blake exhausted.

"Let's just focus on getting her out first okay?"

"I'll do my best"

"You are the best" he strokes the top of my head. "I love you" he whispers

"I love you too" I cry.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy" I couldn't tell him now, not with that smile on his face. I couldn't just rip it out now, now that we're so close to have her with us... All I want is to at least hold her for two seconds, Blake will just have to choose the name.

"All right let's have a baby" the doctor walks in. "Are you ready?" 

"Yes" I nod.

"I'll wait outside" my mother says.

"Mom? Thank you" I smile, but she walks out crying.

*************************

After 20 minutes of pushing I'm only seconds away from having her.

"All right, just one more push, come on......... Okay, good job!" I hear baby cries, that made me so happy. They clean her up and they quickly hand her to me. She was so small and fragile.

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asks.

"Okay"

"No dizziness, nauseous?"

"No" I guess I'm gonna be okay... "We did it. We had another baby" I sniffle and smile at Blake.

"I told you we could do it, I never doubted it." he whispers in my ear, smiling. "We can have a lot of more kids"

"And I don't doubt you will" I whisper. I was starting to get dizzy, I felt like the room was spinning.

"You mean we... Gaia?"

"Take her" I try to give her to him but I didn't have the strength. I was afraid she would fall from my arms but Blake took her before anything happened.

"Gaia?" he calls.

"Miss Kurkova?" I hear the doctor.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you" I cry.

"Tell me what?.... Gaia?"

Next thing I know everything goes blank and I hear the flatline........

-----------------------------------------------------------

So.... Will this be goodbye forever?