Part 58 (All She Needs Is Time)

"They're signing the papers to diconnect her..."

"What?!" I bolt pass the nurse and open the room door with no second thought.

"Blake" Gaia's mom got startled

"Mrs. K. what are you doing?!"

"It's for the best Blake"

"For the best? No..." what is she thinking? "Wait, I'm her fianceé don't I got a say in this?" I ask the doctor that was standing next to Gaia, ready to disconnect her.

"Normally the decision would go to the spouse, but since you never got legally married the decision passes on to the next of kin, which in this case is her parents"

"Right, could you give us a second?" the doctor nods and she leaves. "Mrs. K. please, think about this"

"I have thought about it... I can't see her like this, suffering"

"She wouldn't want this"

"We don't know what she would've want"

"This your daughter, your only daughter... don't do this, please"

"You think I want to do this?!!" she yelled at me. "She's my daughter! But I cannot see her like this anymore! She hasn't shown any progress... we have to start accepting the fact that she's not coming back"

"Start? How do you want me to start accepting the fact if you're just going to kill her right now?!" I felt strange, I've never talked back to Mrs. K. before, but we're talking about Gaia's life here! "She has two kids... you're just gonna take her from them?! Asher asks for her everyday, what am I supposed to tell him?!" I ask angry at her.

I was more angry at the fact that she planned on doing this behind my back... What if I was a second late?

"I'm sorry, but I've made my decision"

"Without consulting me about it"

"There's nothing to consult with you about"

"She's my wife!! The mother of my kids!! So excuse me for thinking I have a say in this too" I stand my ground... "What does George have to say about all this?"

"She's his baby girl, he doesn't want her to leave"

"Does he even know you're doing this?"

"Neither of you were supposed to know... she was just going to drift away unexpectedly" she cried. "I don't want her to die... but I don't want her to suffer either..." I calm down a little, understanding her pain.

"You can't give up on her"

"Blake there hasn't been any progress" she tells me the reality of thing, that I already know but don't want to believe.

"What is she wakes up today? Or in a week? Please, just give her a chance..."

"I'm sorry" she opened the pen.

"Shhhit, wait, wait. Give her one more month, please. Let the kids say goodbye, just one month... that's all I'm asking... please" I pleaded "Give me a chance to say... goodbye" I found hard to say that last word.

"You don't need a month to say goodbye"

"Just give me the damn month Camila"

"One month..." she leaves and as soon as she does a drop down and start crying. I take a deep breath and walk up to her.

"Baby? I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you to do something... I'm not asking you to wake up right now, but please, please, give us a sign you're still here... moving a finger would be good enough... something" I cry.

I sure as hell wasn't gonna leave her side now. I call my mom, who came for support, and ask her to bring me a blanket and some clean clothes. About an hour later she arrives and when she comes in, I was still crying.

"Hey... Oh what is it honey?"

"She was gonna kill her"

"What?"

"She was gonna sign the papers, she didn't even tell me"

"How dare she?!" my mom got angry at Mrs. K. too

"Mom... what am I gonna do?"

"Well first of all we can't let her sign those papers... I'll talk to her, mom to mom, see if I can get her to change her mind"

"She gave me a month.... funny thing is, today's the 16th.... One month from today is gonna be my birthday, and I don't think she's gonna wake up by then" I cry... my mom is the only person on this Earth I cry in front of. I wouldn't mind crying in front of Gaia but I was so happy with her, literally every single day, that my days weren't bad. If we lost a game, she'd be at home wating for me to bring a smile out of my face, and she never failed.

She's my whole life, and I'm not kidding when I say I was miserable for those years that I left her. I need her to pull through, we all do... life just wouldn't be the same without her.

**One Month Later:

Well... it's March 16 and she's still the same... this is it. This is where she goes, on my birthday of all days... I haven't left this room since I caught Mrs. K. about to sign the papers, just in case she came back and do it when I wasn't here but the time she gave me is up.

I'm in that chair, staring at her, not being able to move, knowing she'll be taken from me in a couple of hours.

"This is it..." tears fall down my face as I stroke her hair. I chuckle at our memories "I remember that day when you walked through that room and I wanted to act all cool so you would notice me... and the day I first kissed you" I chuckle. "I was so nervous... I wasn't even sure you'd like me but I had to find out, so I asked you to come outside and I kissed you and lucky for me you kissed back 'cause if you didn't I would've left the country" I smile... "And the day we first made love--" I sob as I put on her the dinosaur ring I got her a those years ago... "I can't believe you kept this all these years"

My heart was beating a thousand times faster.

"I'm sorry... but I can't be here when they disconnect you.... You gave me the best things in life, and I promise you I'll raise them well and keep them safe... We never got married, but in a way I felt like we were and I hope you felt the same. But most of all I really hope you know how much you mean to me and how much I love you, and will always love you... my heart, my life, my soul.... my high school sweetheart..." I kiss her forehead as a goodbye and tears keep falling...

I was about to step out but then I notice what has got to be a mircale... It was a tear.... coming out of her closed eye....

"Gaia?"

-------------------------------------------------

I cried again! D:

BTW, today Blake has court! Can this all be over already? Let's hope for the best, fingers crossed!

Anyways, back to the story... Will Gaia really pull through?!