Part 48 (Christmas Day) Part 1

Blake's P.O.V.

After that horrible scare we finally get to go home on Christmas day, I wanted Gaia to be comfortable and healthy, I can't go through something like that again so as soon as I get the chance I'm getting a vasectomy.

"Blake?" I hear her call from upstairs

"Yeah"

"Where's the baby?"

"I brought her downstairs so you could sleep... Come down here" I wait for her at the bottom of the stairs. I grab her hand and take her to the living room.

"Where is she?"

I chuckle. "Look harder"

"Wha-- Did you hide her?!" she scolded.

"What?! No! I'm not crazy, I can see her from here G"

"Where?"

"All I'm gonna say is Merry Christmas" I walk to the couch and sit.

"Blake I'm not kidding..." she walks towards me to sit right next to me. "Where is sh--" she grins from ear to ear and looks at me with that look that drove me insane... "That is the best gift I've ever seen" she chuckles.

I had placed her under the tree in a gift box... she was our Christmas gift, best one I could ask for. I got my two girls alive and well.

"Come here baby... Did daddy put you in that box?" she picks her up and sits next to me again... "Where's Asher?" she asks.

"Taking a nap... Babe, I have game today"

"I know, Golden State"

"Every damn Christmas" I groan as I remembered last year that I got ejected and we also lost the game.

"Yeah... it's okay, go"

"I don't want to leave you"

"Blake I'm okay... I promise"

"Still..."

"Babe? It's over... I got through it, I'm fine. Besides, mom's here." I nod understanding her point of view.

"I'm getting a vasectomy as soon as this season is over. I don't want to risk anything"

"Are you sure?" she whispers.

"Yeah, we're fine with two and I'll never live with myself if you go through that again... Which leads us to what happened..." I give her a little glare.

"You're still mad?" she places Penelope in the crib.

"You know I am... You can't tell me you wouldn't be mad too"

"I'm sorry"

"Do you mean it? When you say you're sorry?" I catch an attitude.

"Of course I do! You think I wanted to keep this from you?"

"Then why did you? I had a right to prepare for this. It would've hurt more if you died now without me knowing, than if I had know it was coming..." she starts to cry.

"It's Christmas, let's not do this... I know I made a mistake not telling you, and I'm sorry. But you can't be mad at me forever. I love you and I did what I thought was best... I was wrong. I know you're mad and I know you're hurt and I promise I'll never keep something like this from you again... But please forgive me, cause if you don't then I'll never be able to live with myself knowing I did you wrong"

"Gaia I'm not mad, but I am hurt. You're my whole life, I was just scared... I never blamed you, so I don't have to forgive you... there's nothing to forgive, just talk to me, tell me how you feel, tell me what bothers you about me, I want you to tell me everything..."

She nods. "Okay"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

"Come here, gimme a kiss, I gotta go"

"So soon? Can't you wait till Asher opens his presents?"

"I'm already late as it is babe"

"Right..." she exhales deeply.

"Hey, you know I would stay if I could"

"I know... you gotta do what you gotta do"

"Come on don't give me that"

"What? I'm not saying anything"

"You're giving me that look"

"What look? Blake just go"

"Oh, now you want me to leave?"

"I don't want you to leave, that's why I'm mad. But you have to so go"

"We'll talk when I get home" I leave annoyed.

I know it's Christmas and it's a day to be with the family but I have to work. If it were up to me I would be at home with them all day.

************************

I get to the Staples Center to practice and warm up before the game... Jordan and I are still close friends and since Gaia couldn't make it I asked him to go instead... Gaia was okay with it, as long as there was no Brynn around. He came early to introduce me to his cousin before the game and when he gets here, he walks in with a blonde woman with nice long legs... I thought he was gonna bring a guy, I guess I was wrong...

"Hey man, this is my cousin, Sarah"

"Hi, nice to meet you" I extend my hand.

"You too" she blushes a little.

"So, you a big fan of basketball?"

"Oh yeah, when Jordan said he knew you I couldn't believe it"

I chuckle. "Well I hope you enjoy the game"

"I will"

"I'll see you later" I head to the locker room.

__________________________O___________________________

Gaia's P.O.V.

I was in the living room waiting for Asher to wake up so we could open his Christmas presents. I know Blake was gone but I wasn't going to wait for him so our son could open his presents...

"Hey honey, how are you feeling?" my mom asks.

"Hey mom, I'm fine"

"You don't look fine" she sits next to me.

"I've just been thinking, about Blake and I"

"You guys okay?"

"Yeah, I hope so... I just had this crazy dream or a glimps to the future, I don't know. It sounds crazy, I know"

"What was it about?"

"I had died... and Blake got married again and the kids called her mom... It hurt, even though it was a dream"

"Did you know the girl?"

"No, I think Blake called her Tara or Sarah... I don't remember much"

"Well it was just a dream... There's nothing to worry about honey..."

-------------------------------------------

Hmm... Should she worry??? What do you guys think?? O.o