83. Don't Break His Heart... Again

"Coffee?"

Sara asked minutes later when she appeared in the kitchen,dressed in one of Michael's sweats and a black blause.Showing up in front of Vee with her dress,her golden skin covered in hickeys,wasn't the best option.Besides,the comfort Michael's clothes provided for the doc was immaculate.She was literally bathing in his musky scent and it was heavenly.

"Yea,that's sounds good"

Veronica smiled at the doc as she wrapped the blender in a plastic bag.She had just started her diet,the blender on a daily use,but of course it decided to break down just this morning,leaving her without a choice but to steal Mike's until theirs was repaired.

Sara debated for a second whether to drink her second coffee for the day or not,but ended up pulling two mugs from the cabinet.She was gonna be working a night shift,so the caffeine was very welcome actually.But the doc couldn't help the nervous tingle in her belly right now.

She knew Vee probably didn't know anything,so explaining the...whole story would be a bit weird.She just wanted Mike's family to like her,but if she had to, she was gonna tell the truth of what had happened on that dreadful night on the 15th of September last year.Whether that made her look bad in front of them or not

"Milk or sugar?" Sara asked while she poured the reheated steaming liquid,the scent invading her nose in a pleasant way and awakening her a bit more.The tiredness was definitely catching up with her and Sara promised herself to sleep a few hours before work.

" just sugar" Vee said and took her cup in her hands,stirring the sugar Sara put in her coffee. "Thanks, it smells amazing.I might steal Michael's coffee maker too" Vee added slyly with a smirk as they moved to sit on the counter,the wild sound of the wind singing in the corners of the otherwise warm loft was overpowered by the quiet sound of the radio still on.

Sara chuckled lightly at his sister in law's comment as she enveloped the white mug in her slightly shaking fingers.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind too much"

Was Sara's teasing response as she took a sip from the cup,hissing quietly at the way the hotness stung the tip of her tongue.The way Vee's facial features were so soft provided a bit of comfort for Sara,showing her that maybe the woman didn't have hard feelings against the doc for what she did.That's if she knew the story tho,if she didn't that's another thing..

"I don't want to sound cheeky or anything,I just wanted to say I knew it wouldn't be long before you and Michael were back together after he came back to Chicago"

Veronica voiced her thoughts,her tone holding no accusation in Sara's direction.It was relieving, honestly.Her green eyes observed Sara's face.She could see the pure happiness and satisfaction written all over her face and the cum stains on the sofa she pretended she hadn't seen only suggested for a wild night.

"I know.Its just so crazy,right?I made a big mistake with him the last time and I'm trying to make up for it"

Sara's tone was low,embarrassment dripping from it and she looked away from Vee's intense but not judging eyes.

"I don't want to know what happened to cause you two to part, that's on you and him to know and keep.I'm just happy for him and for you."

Vee spoke sincerely, a small smile creeping on her tiny cherry lips.She could clearly see the shame on Sara's face and the lawyer wanted to put an end to her misery.Everyone makes mistakes damn it.And as long as Sara tried to mend them,she was fully deserving of Michael's unconditional love.

"He seems so much brighter and happy with you,Sara.And that's all that matters.It's clear you two love each other."

She continued in a soft voice,offering a comforting smile in Sara's way.It wasn't her business to judge them and their choices or why they had broken up the first time.She only wanted this to be the last time Michael would be with a broken heart.