62. She Taught You Good

Songs: "someone like you"(slowed) Adele,"million reasons" (slowed) Lady Gaga,"a rush of blood to the head" coldplay.

Despite the heavy rain,which was
quite usual for the start of November,Chicago's streets were piled up with cars and people that were in a hurry to get home

Michael didnt mind the bad weather,he didn't want to go home just yet,so after a long day at work,he headed straight for the child helping center.Ever since going back to the office,the engineer had a busier schedule and couldn't see the kids much,but it was Friday and he missed the little ones,so why not..

30 minutes later, after surviving traffic jam after traffic jam,he found himself in the parking lot of the center.With his umbrella in hand,he quickly exited his car and jogged to the main entrance where he exchanged brief hellos with Barry,the security of the facility.

It was just after 4:30 pm and he hoped the kids would be free to spend some time with him.And much to his delight,when he entered he saw all ten of them,sitting comfortably in chairs as Selma,one of the volunteers read them a tale.
But the moment,Maria,one of the little girls noticed him she broke the peaceful silence with her joyful scream and no sooner the kids were all surrounding and hugging him.

Michael threw Selma an apologetic smile while taking Maria And Joey in his arms.

"Hey guys,did you miss me?" Mike chuckled as their group yelled yess and they all started showing him what they had learned while he was gone.Watching them so happy made the engineer content and warm at the heart and he couldn't remove the smile from his face.Their laughter was contagious.

Mike was busy playing rock paper scissors with Hailey, Brian and Will when he felt someone tap his shoulder.Maria,stood beside him with a grin on her youthful face,holding a paper rose in her small delicate hand.The moment his blueish orbs seized the origami,memories of Sara with one in hand started swimming in his head,making him freeze instantly

"Where did you get that from,Mari?" His tone was light and he kept a soft smile on his lips,but he couldn't stop staring at the flower.

"S-s-sara h-hel-lped me m-make it"

she stuttered adorably and giggled,twisting the paper between her little fingers and Michael couldn't hide the surprise on his face.She had taught them how to make an origami flower.Like the ones he would gift her every Friday. Despite himself,a warm feeling nestled in his heart,but his curiosity was burning him alive.Why would she do that? When they broke up she knew nothing of how to make an origami, except for the few times he had shown her how to do it.

"She taught you good,Mari" he said softly to her with a grin but before the kid could say anything more the other little ones demanded his attention again,filling his afternoon with laughter and joy.But at the back of his mind was the flower,and the delicate touch he knew Sara used to make the origami with.

-_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-

"What the fuck?" Michael cursed under his breath as he stopped his car and tried to get a better look.He had just exited the center parking lot when he saw a woman walking in the rain.And despite the gone now long reddish hair,he could recognize Sara everywhere. Question was,what the hell was she doing out in the rain at six in the early evening alone.

Before he could stop himself,for which he knew he'd be sorry later,Michael pulled up to the sidewalk where she was walking and pulled down his window.He watched as Sara turned to glance his way and the way her eyes widened in surprise was a bit funny.And even then,when her hair was all wet and she had a somber expression on her face,he couldn't get in his skin at how beautiful she was and how incredibly in love he was still with her.His ultimate curse